Nov 12, 2003
Home
Visit site
✟11,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You stated two that are in love.... Which shouldn't even be gotten into.. Now for a couple already married, something will need to be done. I won't even go into what, because it differs with every case...
But for you as a single, non married person. Such a relasionship should not even be persued

Upvote 0

Pip96

Dec 2, 2003
Lafayette, CO
Visit site
✟114.00
Faith
Christian
allieisme said:
Biblical references do tell you to stay away from relationships like this, but if you were to marry a non Christian, there is a reason for it, and its my opinion, that you married a non believer in hopes to one day win him over to Christ.

I am a living example of this. My wife is a Christian who married me when I was an unbeliever and I became a believer soon after. I believe that God worked through her in order for me to to find and accept Jesus Christ. If she was to never pursue a relationship with me I might have NEVER came to know the truth.

When we were looking for a pastor to marry us, we were turned down at first by my wife's childhood church because they would not marry a believer to unbeliever (yet two unbelievers were ok). We eventually found a pastor who was open to marrying us and believed that if we were to be married regardless, I should be given every opportunity to find Jesus. This display of love, to me, is what Christianity is all about and truly played a large role in my decision to believe.

I thank God every day that my wife was patient and had the hope that one day I would know the truth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.