Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
Depends what age group you'd be teaching or helping with. I think you could handle the basics for any group really. That's what Catechism class is all about. What's even more important is for the kids and teenagers to see a young person with a solid, healthy zeal. Converts tend to really appreciate the faith and inspire those who have been born into it who may take it for granted. I think having you help out with the kids, if only for that reason, would be a huge benefit--and then add the fact that you've got a good handle on the faith, especially the basics, and you're the ideal candidate :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Aprill

The paths are many, the truth is ONE.
Aug 9, 2005
Arlington, Texas
✟16,008.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Depends what age group you'd be teaching or helping with. I think you could handle the basics for any group really. That's what Catechism class is all about. What's even more important is for the kids and teenagers to see a young person with a solid, healthy zeal. Converts tend to really appreciate the faith and inspire those who have been born into it who may take it for granted. I think having you help out with the kids, if only for that reason, would be a huge benefit--and then add the fact that you've got a good handle on the faith, especially the basics, and you're the ideal candidate :thumbsup:
Thanks :) I am passionate about it and becoming more educated about it. Learning about the Catholic Church is becoming something I look forward to everyday. I hope that God can work through me and help me help others who don't know about our amazing Church.

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
Thanks :) I am passionate about it and becoming more educated about it. Learning about the Catholic Church is becoming something I look forward to everyday.
That's the Holy Spirit working in you :) You get that hunger for truth. Once you surrender to Him, it's like that whirlwind at Pentecost :thumbsup: .

I hope that God can work through me and help me help others who don't know about our amazing Church.

:holy:Me too--here's praying :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Aprill

The paths are many, the truth is ONE.
Aug 9, 2005
Arlington, Texas
✟16,008.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's the Holy Spirit working in you :) You get that hunger for truth. Once you surrender to Him, it's like that whirlwind at Pentecost :thumbsup: .

:holy:Me too--here's praying :crossrc:
I keep all my CF friends in my prayers :) *btw, feel free to check out my blog....lol* 1truthmanypaths.blogspot.com

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm assuming this is for religious ed for kids and not RCIA which I would guess is very different.

I was (don't know if I'll do it again this year or not) a Catecist for a few years. Are you comfortable in front of groups of people who have 1000 more interesting things to be doing than being in class? Most kids will be there because their parents forced them into it, not because they want to learn.
I really enjoyed it, but the Sister who ran the show didn't care for discipline my way. I tended to have the best behaved kids, because I would not hesitate to humiliate the unruly ones in front of their peers. Fear of my rapier wit and acid tongue kept 'em quiet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.