Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,490.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The founders of the site were made up of an Oriental Orthodox and two or three Eastern Orthodox, one of whom has gone schismatic and been ordained a priest in the Old Calendarist Church. I used to spend a fair bit of time there in the early days, (was a mod there for a short term), but I generally steer clear of the site now.
A much better site was monachos.net, although it lost a lot of its vibrancy when the founder was ordained a priest. He simply no longer had the time to stay at the helm.

• Informative
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The founders of the site were made up of an Oriental Orthodox and two or three Eastern Orthodox, one of whom has gone schismatic and been ordained a priest in the Old Calendarist Church. I used to spend a fair bit of time there in the early days, (was a mod there for a short term), but I generally steer clear of the site now.
A much better site was monachos.net, although it lost a lot of its vibrancy when the founder was ordained a priest. He simply no longer had the time to stay at the helm.
Monachos was great, but I think the site is actually down now.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh, okay. I think OrthodoXCircle is down too. Keep getting cannot connect to the database.
That’s been up and down over the years. Maybe a half year ago I got on successfully, but the site has gone down in the past. It wasn’t as active the second time around.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
OC.Net isn't bad, but you do get a lot of unnecessary strong arguing going on in there. People seem to forget that the other username on the screen is another human being. It's great for random information though, like comparisons of EO and OO liturgical practices. There's some foreign language stuff too and some Orthodox news. A lot of enquirers from Catholicism stumble in there too. However, it just doesn't have a coffee hour-esque vibe we have here in TAW :cool:

That’s been up and down over the years. Maybe a half year ago I got on successfully, but the site has gone down in the past. It wasn’t as active the second time around.
I think I'm dating myself by saying this, but part of what helped OrthodoxCircle the first time around was that Myspace was its twilight years and OrthodoxCircle was seen as an Orthodox Myspace. Then the owner went to seminary and took the site down. To be fair, by that point it had lost A LOT of its activity about a year before.

• Agree
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
OC.Net isn't bad, but you do get a lot of unnecessary strong arguing going on in there. People seem to forget that the other username on the screen is another human being. It's great for random information though, like comparisons of EO and OO liturgical practices. There's some foreign language stuff too and some Orthodox news. A lot of enquirers from Catholicism stumble in there too. However, it just doesn't have a coffee hour-esque vibe we have here in TAW :cool:

I think I'm dating myself by saying this, but part of what helped OrthodoxCircle the first time around was that Myspace was its twilight years and OrthodoxCircle was seen as an Orthodox Myspace. Then the owner went to seminary and took the site down. To be fair, by that point it had lost A LOT of its activity about a year before.
I’m probably in a similar age range then :) There is a much stronger Orthodox presence on Facebook than there was on MySpace, which probably changes how much people consider a separate Orthodox social network to be “needed”.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums