OHIO. home of THE Ohio State Buckeyes
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That link didn't work. But if it did, how could that dispute a US District court ruling on the arguments for & against irreduceable complexity being carried out by the scientists behind either side themselves? Here is an excerpt from Judge Jones’ ruling: (emphasis;mine)

“Although Professor Behe is adamant in his definition of irreducible complexity when he says a precursor “missing a part is by definition nonfunctional,” what he obviously means is that it will not function in the same way the system functions when all the parts are present. For example in the case of the bacterial flagellum, removal of a part may prevent it from acting as a rotary motor. However, Professor Behe excludes, by definition, the possibility that a precursor to the bacterial flagellum functioned not as a rotary motor, but in some other way, for example as a secretory system. (19:88-95 (Behe)). As expert testimony revealed, the qualification on what is meant by “irreducible complexity” renders it meaningless as a criticism of evolution. (3:40 (Miller)). In fact, the theory of evolution proffers exaptation as a well-recognized, well-documented explanation for how systems with multiple parts could have evolved through natural means. Exaptation means that some precursor of the subject system had a different, selectable function before experiencing the change or addition that resulted in the subject system with its present function (16:146-48 (Padian)). For instance, Dr. Padian identified the evolution of the mammalian middle ear bones from what had been jawbones as an example of this process. (17:6-17 (Padian)).

By defining irreducible complexity in the way that he has, Professor Behe attempts to exclude the phenomenon of exaptation by definitional fiat, ignoring as he does so abundant evidence which refutes his argument. Notably, the NAS has rejected Professor Behe’s claim for irreducible complexity by using the following cogent reasoning: tructures and processes that are claimed to be ‘irreducibly’ complex typically are not on closer inspection. For example, it is incorrect to assume that a complex structure or biochemical process can function only if all its components are present and functioning as we see them today. Complex biochemical systems can be built up from simpler systems through natural selection. Thus, the ‘history’ of a protein can be traced through simpler organisms . . . The evolution of complex molecular systems can occur in several ways. Natural selection can bring together parts of a system for one function at one time and then, at a later time, recombine those parts with other systems of components to produce a system that has a different function. Genes can be duplicated, altered, and then amplified through natural selection. The complex biochemical cascade resulting in blood clotting has been explained in this fashion. P-192 at 22.76

As irreducible complexity is only a negative argument against evolution, it is refutable and accordingly testable, unlike ID, by showing that there are intermediate structures with selectable functions that could have evolved into the allegedly irreducibly complex systems. (2:15-16 (Miller)). Importantly, however, the fact that the negative argument of irreducible complexity is testable does not make testable the argument for ID. (2:15 (Miller); 5:39 (Pennock)). Professor Behe has applied the concept of irreducible complexity to only a few select systems: (1) the bacterial flagellum; (2) the blood-clotting cascade; and (3) the immune system. Contrary to Professor Behe’s assertions with respect to these few biochemical systems among the myriad existing in nature, however, Dr. Miller presented evidence, based upon peer-reviewed studies, that they are not in fact irreducibly complex.

First, with regard to the bacterial flagellum, Dr. Miller pointed to peer reviewed studies that identified a possible precursor to the bacterial flagellum, a subsystem that was fully functional, namely the Type-III Secretory System. (2:8-20 (Miller); P-854.23-854.32). Moreover, defense expert Professor Minnich admited that there is serious scientific research on the question of whether the bacterial flagellum evolved into the Type-III Secretary System, the Type-III Secretory System into the bacterial flagellum, or whether they both evolved from a common ancestor. (38:12-16 (Minnich)). None of this research or thinking involves ID. (38:12-16 (Minnich)). In fact, Professor Minnich testified about his research as follows: “we’re looking at the function of these systems and how they could have been derived one from the other. And it’s a legitimate scientific inquiry.” (38:16 (Minnich)).

Second, with regard to the blood-clotting cascade, Dr. Miller demonstrated that the alleged irreducible complexity of the blood-clotting cascade has been disproven by peer-reviewed studies dating back to 1969, which show that dolphins’ and whales’ blood clots despite missing a part of the cascade, a study that was confirmed by molecular testing in 1998. (1:122-29 (Miller); P-854.17-854.22). Additionally and more recently, scientists published studies showing that in puffer fish, blood clots despite the cascade missing not only one, but three parts. (1:128-29 (Miller)). Accordingly, scientists in peer-reviewed publications have refuted Professor Behe’s predication about the alleged irreducible complexity of the blood-clotting cascade. Moreover, cross-examination revealed that Professor Behe’s redefinition of the blood-clotting system was likely designed to avoid peerreviewed scientific evidence that falsifies his argument, as it was not a scientifically warranted redefinition. (20:26-28, 22:112-25 (Behe)).

The immune system is the third system to which Professor Behe has applied the definition of irreducible complexity. Although in Darwin’s Black Box, Professor Behe wrote that not only were there no natural explanations for the immune system at the time, but that natural explanations were impossible regarding its origin. (P-647 at 139; 2:26-27 (Miller)). However, Dr. Miller presented peer-reviewed studies refuting Professor Behe’s claim that the immune system was irreducibly complex. Between 1996 and 2002, various studies confirmed each element of the evolutionary hypothesis explaining the origin of the immune system. (2:31 (Miller)). In fact, on cross-examination, Professor Behe was questioned concerning his 1996 claim that science would never find an evolutionary explanation for the immune system. He was presented with fiftyeight peer-reviewed publications, nine books, and several immunology textbook chapters about the evolution of the immune system; however, he simply insisted that this was still not sufficient evidence of evolution, and that it was not “good enough.” (23:19 (Behe)).

Ironically, Behe admitted in a separate statement that he literally judged all these books by their covers, assuming them all to be “hand-waving speculation”. Somehow he was unaware that in so doing, it was he, -and not the scientific community- who was guilty of “hand-waving speculation”.

We find that such evidence demonstrates that the ID argument is dependent upon setting a scientifically unreasonable burden of proof for the theory of evolution. As a further example, the test for ID proposed by both Professors Behe and Minnich is to grow the bacterial flagellum in the laboratory; however, no-one inside or outside of the IDM, including those who propose the test, has conducted it. (P-718; 18:125-27 (Behe); 22:102-06 (Behe)). Professor Behe conceded that the proposed test could not approximate real world conditions and even if it could, Professor Minnich admitted that it would merely be a test of evolution, not design. (22:107-10 (Behe); 2:15 (Miller); 38:82 (Minnich)).

We therefore find that Professor Behe’s claim for irreducible complexity has been refuted in peer-reviewed research papers and has been rejected by the scientific community at large. (17:45-46 (Padian); 3:99 (Miller)).”

Now, what could "true"Origins possibly say to rebut that?
well you could go to the site trueorigins.org type in flagellum and your find it. if find it interesting you seem to conclude no matter what since it as been once that a rebuttal to it is pointless. also i see it was stated that its not clear whether the use of the type III was before or after the flagellum or both together. BUT dont seem to care at the moment which is right. It was stated as a POSSIBLE precursor, and i didnt read of any actual OBSERVED evidence to prove either case. But if you could find the article it is interesting, and i would like to see what you think of it. though i have an idea.

Upvote 0

Aron-Ra

Senior Veteran
Jul 3, 2004
Deep in the heart of the Bible belt
Visit site
✟14,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Aron-Ra said:
We therefore find that Professor Behe’s claim for irreducible complexity has been refuted in peer-reviewed research papers and has been rejected by the scientific community at large. (17:45-46 (Padian); 3:99 (Miller)).”

Now, what could "true"Origins possibly say to rebut that?
well you could go to the site trueorigins.org type in flagellum and your find it.
Or you could, and then you actually answer my question; perhaps by presenting that argument to me in your own words -since you seem to have adopted it as your own.
if find it interesting you seem to conclude no matter what since it as been once that a rebuttal to it is pointless.
But I didn't say "no matter what", did I? No, that is your way, not mine. You've decided long ago that you will not change your mind no matter what, but my mind will change if given good reason to. That's why I asked you to give me good reason to. Since you didn't understand it the first couple times, let me paraphrase that again: I challenge you to produce a rebuttal to the U.S. District court's ruling in Kitzmiller v. Dover that Behe's claims of irreduceable complexity have been refuted. Cut-and-paste it, if you must, and feel free to emphasize the most important bits -if there are any to be found. But I don't expect to see you produce anything, and even if you do, you will certainly fail to explain how trueorgins' attempted rebuttal actually counts as one.
also i see it was stated that its not clear whether the use of the type III was before or after the flagellum or both together. BUT dont seem to care at the moment which is right. It was stated as a POSSIBLE precursor, and i didnt read of any actual OBSERVED evidence to prove either case.
That you didn't read it is not my fault. But the point remains that Behe's argument is that there be NO possible precurser, but there has been in each case he's tried to present so far. And when he said there could never be any possible natural explanation, he was shown to be wrong about that too. You're both wrong because the truth is not on your side.
But if you could find the article it is interesting, and i would like to see what you think of it. though i have an idea.
You ridicule others for not knowing scripture, -when they know more about that than you do: And you don't seem to know anything about anything from the realm of science, but you still argue with all the experts in every field you know nothing at all about. You have a perfect failure record being absolutely wrong about absolutely everything you've ever tried to argue here, and now you dismiss this court ruling, which is an evaluation of objectively demonstrated and peer0-reviewed scientific evidence - in favor of an internet blog from some admittedly-biased website openly dedicated to propaganda; and you tell me to read this article -even though you can't even remember what it said?!

Is it possible for your position to be any weaker than it already is?

Let me help you with this: The reason you are always wrong on every detail is because your premise is wrong! And the reason evolutionists can and will always utterly trounce the pathetic ravings of creationists is because the basic premise of the evolutionary position is not wrong -even if some of the periphrial details may be.

Upvote 0

Tiberius

Jun 28, 2005
✟6,911.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
well you could go to the site trueorigins.org type in flagellum and your find it. if find it interesting you seem to conclude no matter what since it as been once that a rebuttal to it is pointless. also i see it was stated that its not clear whether the use of the type III was before or after the flagellum or both together. BUT dont seem to care at the moment which is right. It was stated as a POSSIBLE precursor, and i didnt read of any actual OBSERVED evidence to prove either case. But if you could find the article it is interesting, and i would like to see what you think of it. though i have an idea.

That "Flagelum is irreducibly complex" nonsense has been shown for the manure it is.

BEHOLD!

http://www.millerandlevine.com/km/evol/design2/article.html

Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
well i see your alls humor is still around. i will find the article and try my best to get it to you in a way you can see it. Biased opinion make me laugh like you all dont have it either. OH science CANT be biased, yet those interpreting it can be. especially when it really doesnt say one way or another as to it being a fact.

Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Or you could, and then you actually answer my question; perhaps by presenting that argument to me in your own words -since you seem to have adopted it as your own.
But I didn't say "no matter what", did I? No, that is your way, not mine. You've decided long ago that you will not change your mind no matter what, but my mind will change if given good reason to. That's why I asked you to give me good reason to. Since you didn't understand it the first couple times, let me paraphrase that again: I challenge you to produce a rebuttal to the U.S. District court's ruling in Kitzmiller v. Dover that Behe's claims of irreduceable complexity have been refuted. Cut-and-paste it, if you must, and feel free to emphasize the most important bits -if there are any to be found. But I don't expect to see you produce anything, and even if you do, you will certainly fail to explain how trueorgins' attempted rebuttal actually counts as one.
see you seem to think it wont before you even read it. SO does this not bring a bit of biased opinion in. i would say yes. And i am not claiming behe claims
That you didn't read it is not my fault. But the point remains that Behe's argument is that there be NO possible precurser, but there has been in each case he's tried to present so far. And when he said there could never be any possible natural explanation, he was shown to be wrong about that too. You're both wrong because the truth is not on your side.
i did i asked if it was that the type III was BEFORE or AFTER the flagellum. it points to be after yet they still use it as a possible precureser, Or did i read it wrong. It stated they didnt know when it came to be, or did i read this wrong. BUT they still use it to debunk his claim.

You ridicule others for not knowing scripture, -when they know more about that than you do: And you don't seem to know anything about anything from the realm of science, but you still argue with all the experts in every field you know nothing at all about. You have a perfect failure record being absolutely wrong about absolutely everything you've ever tried to argue here, and now you dismiss this court ruling, which is an evaluation of objectively demonstrated and peer0-reviewed scientific evidence - in favor of an internet blog from some admittedly-biased website openly dedicated to propaganda; and you tell me to read this article -even though you can't even remember what it said?!
Others dont its a bit different when they say they know them and they understand them. YOu dont understand them you've shown that. you my know them just like you seem to think you know just about everything. I wont say your not pretty smart you are, but this doesnt mean your right. SO talkorigins is NOT biased. I know what it says BUT your the smart one so i think you would understand it BETTER.
Let me help you with this: The reason you are always wrong on every detail is because your premise is wrong! And the reason evolutionists can and will always utterly trounce the pathetic ravings of creationists is because the basic premise of the evolutionary position is not wrong -even if some of the periphrial details may be.
BLA BLA BLA The basic premise is that evolution happens the rest is wrong.

Upvote 0

Aron-Ra

Senior Veteran
Jul 3, 2004
Visit site
✟14,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I challenge you to produce a rebuttal to the U.S. District court's ruling in Kitzmiller v. Dover that Behe's claims of irreduceable complexity have been refuted. Cut-and-paste it, if you must, and feel free to emphasize the most important bits -if there are any to be found. But I don't expect to see you produce anything, and even if you do, you will certainly fail to explain how trueorgins' attempted rebuttal actually counts as one.
see you seem to think it wont before you even read it. SO does this not bring a bit of biased opinion in. i would say yes.
Of course you would -because you're always wrong. I said you would fail -and you did. But I don't base that prediction on tea leaves, tarot cards or 'prophesy'; I base it on the fact that you've never ever been able to produce anything of substance to defend or support your position. I'm just going with the odds.
And i am not claiming behe claims
I know. You've already demonstrated that you can't argue your position yourself.
i did i asked if it was that the type III was BEFORE or AFTER the flagellum. it points to be after yet they still use it as a possible precureser, Or did i read it wrong. It stated they didnt know when it came to be, or did i read this wrong. BUT they still use it to debunk his claim.
If reading the text was too hard to understand, how about when Christian scientist, Dr. Ken Miller explains it for you?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQQ7ubVIqo4
Others dont its a bit different when they say they know them and they understand them. YOu dont understand them you've shown that.
I don't understand you because you don't make sense. I understand all of the intelligent design arguments.
you my know them just like you seem to think you know just about everything. I wont say your not pretty smart you are, but this doesnt mean your right.
Hey, I'll agree with that. In my perspective, we both start out equally wrong, and we have to strip away the falsehoods from there; process of elimination. Education, investigation, inquiry; these are the keys. Your perspective, on the other hand, appears to be to ignore the fact that you don't ever know what you're talking about, assume you're absolutely and infallbly correct about everything anyway, and refuse to admit when you're obviously wrong.
SO talkorigins is NOT biased.
That is correct. Just look at the TalkOrigins home page;

"Exploring the Creation/Evolution contraversy"

On that site, anyone can post anything at all, but anyone who posts an erroneous argument can have all the flaws in it exposed and roasted in short order. Anyone offering an indefensible or inaccurate correction will also be served up in short order. Falsehoods have no leeway there. Whatever is really true is all that matters.

Now look at the TrueOrigins website:

"Exposing the myth of evolution".

No free discussion, no verification of facts by panels of scientific and theological experts; just an indoctrination station with agenda of propaganda.
BLA BLA BLA The basic premise is that evolution happens the rest is wrong.
Don't forget the fact that you're an ape, as well as a primate, and a mammal, and a synapsid, tetrapod, deuterostome, etc. etc.

The basic premise is right, and an awful lot of the periphry is right too. You can't even find one falsehood in it. But your own position is profoundly wrong, and is probably entirely so.

Upvote 0

Aron-Ra

Senior Veteran
Jul 3, 2004
Visit site
✟14,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
well i see your alls humor is still around. i will find the article and try my best to get it to you in a way you can see it. Biased opinion make me laugh like you all dont have it either.
I don't.
OH science CANT be biased, yet those interpreting it can be. especially when it really doesnt say one way or another as to it being a fact.
Here's an idea; try making sense.

The purpose of science is to discover the truth without bias.

While you're failing to answer any of my challenges, here's another one to avoid: If you want a way to determine whatever is really true, and you wanted to restrict and eliminate the influence of human bias as much as you possibly could, what would that system be? Because that's what the peer-review process and other scientific methods are.

Upvote 0

jlerollin

Oct 17, 2004
✟744.00
Faith
Baptist
A mousetrap can be developed in a process that would resemble evolution:
Assume you start out with the hammer. It's not a mousetrap but it can be used to beat the mouse to death, it's certainly better than being empty handed. Then you find a spring, that allows the hammer to beat the mouse more forcefully, increasing the chances of killing it on the first attempt. Then you add the wooden board so the hammer is secured and doesnt have to be held to the ground. Then the bar is added to make it easier to pull the hammer all the way back. Lastly the lever is added so that the person can walk away from the trap altogether.
This is kind of how evolution would make a mousetrap, piece by piece and with each step fully serving its purpose and is superior to the previous step.
on presenting a hammer with which to beat your mouse to death you just inserted your whole body which is a biomechanincal machine of considerable complexity into the equation (a man with hammer is far more complex than a mouse trap
adding a spring to this system would deteriorate it. just imagine a spring between you and the hammer handle.
need i go on
a mousetrap is irreducibly complex as are many functions in life swimming transportation etc. all of these are made up of basic building blocs of functionality
so a swimming machine and a swimming person all essentially have to demonstrate motor energy source paddle and connecting systems and all components have to be matched for strength. no good having a motor that spins so hard the paddle snaps.
every functionality is general and can be broken down and its components predicted in advance with regard to
a mousetrap it may be possible to amalgamate functions into one piece of material but the function has just been assumed by a part allready doing a function that now has to do more than one. you can never do away with the individual design solution components otherwise the thing really doesnt work.
take the energy out of any swimming system and it doesnt swim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jlerollin

Oct 17, 2004
✟744.00
Faith
Baptist
You, that is true in evolution and all inventions made by men.

What is more amusing about the ID movement is that we are told in the Bible over and over again that Gods way of thinking is so different than ours that we cannot comprehend it. Yet here we have a group of people claiming that they somehow know how God was thinking when God designed the universe...

Do you see a problem here? These people are claiming that they know the mind of God despite the fact that the book they believe in tells them that they cannot.
the whole bible thing has to be understood before discredited. the issue is that we morally are out of touch with god not technologicly in a different universe. so we are talking about sin and mercy being things we struggle with but not God. His thougts are higher than our thougts and his ways our ways.
Debt cancelation for instance god made intereste illegal now wouldnt that help us .. but his ways are higher

Upvote 0

jlerollin

Oct 17, 2004
✟744.00
Faith
Baptist
M%20Lips2.gif

even a simple hollow tube organism has an array of systems that support its life just because it is small doesnt mean all these things are going on and it cant survive without them
clear.gif

http://aron-ra.christianforums.com/
The way I see it every living organism has parts that need each other. A human just like a living cell has a organ that takes food in (mouth) and organ(s) that converts the energy to use it, and organs that get rid of wate. If all the systems are not in place at the same time the living entity could never exist ! Also a organ such as a brain would have be there from the begining to controll all the systems.</DIV></DIV>
DPComparison2.gif

The mouth evolved first -from the most stunningly-simple of all adaptations; the earliest animals were literally hollow tubes</DIV>

Upvote 0

jlerollin

Oct 17, 2004
✟744.00
Faith
Baptist
i would view it the other way around. maybe not with all of the examples but some or most. Most of the rebuttals seem very vague. the flagellum uses the TTSS system which is said to have evovled AFTER the flagellum. And then they dont seem to go into much detail of it either. more matter of fact dont need to show actual proof or go into detail.
something that appears later cannot be used as a forerunner .. just because someone says this has been refuted with x argument doesnt mean x argument isnt just as quickly refuted with y argument. you have to chase all the trails as there is so much tooing and froing based on emotional quick fixes that are later shown to have been just that to make everything everyone says to have been refuted somewhere by someone with the opposing views but some of the arguments are based on wrong facts lightweight

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RedAndy

Teapot agnostic
Dec 18, 2006
✟16,163.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
The way I see it every living organism has parts that need each other. A human just like a living cell has a organ that takes food in (mouth) and organ(s) that converts the energy to use it, and organs that get rid of wate. If all the systems are not in place at the same time the living entity could never exist ! Also a organ such as a brain would have be there from the begining to controll all the systems.
The problem comes when we try to define "part," as in "every living organism has parts that need each other." In your case, you seem to be declaring "parts" as individual organs, and you are right that the removal of one organ will most likely cause the system (i.e., the organism) to stop functioning, (i.e., die).

However, it is not enough to observe this and declare "AHA! Here we have irreducible complexity!" because you have to take into account that with parts as big as organs, the parts themselves can evolve - and do. In fact, what has happened is that the organs have evolved to become co-dependent upon one another.

The only way you could demonstrate irreducible complexity is if you could find a system that stops functioning when a part is removed, AND ensure that the "parts" are sufficiently small that they could not themselves have evolved. The fact that no ID proponent has managed to do this is strong (albeit circumstantial) evidence that irreducible complexity can never be used as a "falsification" of evolution.

Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The problem comes when we try to define "part," as in "every living organism has parts that need each other." In your case, you seem to be declaring "parts" as individual organs, and you are right that the removal of one organ will most likely cause the system (i.e., the organism) to stop functioning, (i.e., die).

However, it is not enough to observe this and declare "AHA! Here we have irreducible complexity!" because you have to take into account that with parts as big as organs, the parts themselves can evolve - and do. In fact, what has happened is that the organs have evolved to become co-dependent upon one another.

The only way you could demonstrate irreducible complexity is if you could find a system that stops functioning when a part is removed, AND ensure that the "parts" are sufficiently small that they could not themselves have evolved. The fact that no ID proponent has managed to do this is strong (albeit circumstantial) evidence that irreducible complexity can never be used as a "falsification" of evolution.
wrong to remove a part that is ESSENTIAL for it to work. Thery mnever said you could NOT remove a "part", because you can in some causes, BUt you cant remove one of the essential parts and it still works. Can you prove that organs have evovled to become CO- dependant of each other.

Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't.
a LIE. nobody is NONBIASED​
Here's an idea; try making sense.
I have always said i am not a scientist and have said i am learning. SO it is abviouse i am not going to make sense all the time or even most of the time.
The purpose of science is to discover the truth without bias.

While you're failing to answer any of my challenges, here's another one to avoid: If you want a way to determine whatever is really true, and you wanted to restrict and eliminate the influence of human bias as much as you possibly could, what would that system be? Because that's what the peer-review process and other scientific methods are.
There is no NONbiased in anything sorry to tell you. Science is not biased humans ARE. humans interprete science. only thing that cant be viewed in a biased way is natural laws. they are what they are. like mathmatics and such. Peer-reviewed. You think this stuff is unvulnerable. I think your out of reality of human nature.

Upvote 0

FishFace

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2007
✟13,130.00
Faith
Atheist
wrong to remove a part that is ESSENTIAL for it to work. Thery mnever said you could NOT remove a "part", because you can in some causes, BUt you cant remove one of the essential parts and it still works. Can you prove that organs have evovled to become CO- dependant of each other.

I expect there's evidence. But that's not the point - the argument was raised that something was irreducibly complex. The burden of proof is now on you to show that the organs couldn't have evolved to become co-dependent, because that's what your argument is relying on.
It is not up to us to disprove your argument - it is up to you to prove it.

Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Of course you would -because you're always wrong. I said you would fail -and you did. But I don't base that prediction on tea leaves, tarot cards or 'prophesy'; I base it on the fact that you've never ever been able to produce anything of substance to defend or support your position. I'm just going with the odds.
ALways not always if this was so then saying your smart is wrong. Sorry that i ahve not been debating such things as long as you, that i do not know as much info as you. YOu critizing me doesnt PROVE your right. my failing to do a good job at debating such things doesnt make me wrong either. But this is typical stuff to try to show one is right over the other. I will leave this type of thing to you.
I know. You've already demonstrated that you can't argue your position yourself.
If reading the text was too hard to understand, how about when Christian scientist, Dr. Ken Miller explains it for you?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQQ7ubVIqo4[/QUOTE
i will see. though i read behe's remark of his critigue and seen that it wasnt very good and he said HE NEVER said you couldnt take away from it. THE point was getting to the flagellum NOT taking things away from it. But i will look into it and TRY to make a BETTER arguement.
I don't understand you because you don't make sense. I understand all of the intelligent design arguments.
Hey, I'll agree with that. In my perspective, we both start out equally wrong, and we have to strip away the falsehoods from there; process of elimination. Education, investigation, inquiry; these are the keys. Your perspective, on the other hand, appears to be to ignore the fact that you don't ever know what you're talking about, assume you're absolutely and infallbly correct about everything anyway, and refuse to admit when you're obviously wrong.
ANOTHER LIE. this is your assumption of me. Because i have admitted i was wrong before and i have changed my view on things. I just dont cave into STUPID remarks as these.

That is correct. Just look at the TalkOrigins home page;

"Exploring the Creation/Evolution contraversy"

On that site, anyone can post anything at all, but anyone who posts an erroneous argument can have all the flaws in it exposed and roasted in short order. Anyone offering an indefensible or inaccurate correction will also be served up in short order. Falsehoods have no leeway there. Whatever is really true is all that matters.

Now look at the TrueOrigins website:

"Exposing the myth of evolution".

No free discussion, no verification of facts by panels of scientific and theological experts; just an indoctrination station with agenda of propaganda.
Don't forget the fact that you're an ape, as well as a primate, and a mammal, and a synapsid, tetrapod, deuterostome, etc. etc.
Have you tried contacting them and debating one of the writteres. And the site may not be made to do what talkorigins is for. And yes talkorigins is biased. saying it isnt doesnt make it so. It is very easy to say there wrong and give nondiscribtive reasons way they are.

The basic premise is right, and an awful lot of the periphry is right too. You can't even find one falsehood in it. But your own position is profoundly wrong, and is probably entirely so.
I'll get back to it after i study about it some more.

Upvote 0