Question for creationists only: What is the theory of evolution?

Creationists only: What is the theory of evolution?

• A fake scientific theory resulting from a deliberate conspiracy of scientists, governments, etc.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • An incorrect scientific theory that is a result of poor science, but not a deliberate conspiracy

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • A scientific theory that is partially valid / partially invalid, but not a deliberate conspiracy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A valid scientific theory based on the current available evidence to date

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please describe

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I am not a creationist (non-creationists use this option to vote)

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Being land locked and geographically isolated doesn't allow for selection.

Again, if we're talking about latitudinal slices like Europe/Africa, we're not talking landlocked populations. Population migration patterns show how people have migrated in those regions long before more transportation was a thing.

The area you cite falls more under adapatation than natural selection.

What you do mean by this?

Inuits and eskimos are dark skinned despite residing far from the equator.

True. And do you know why?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There is far more to it than geography or physiology. And more variables involved than simply skin color.
Then please lay it all out.
Natural selection is a very broad generalization. To try to make it appear valid requires a considerable degree of oversimplification.
Then please give us your detailed and scientific definition.
The combination doesn't contribute much if anything of value to scientific discussion.
Huh...

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If someone said geography and physiology is all there is to human mating patterns.

Most might say that's an unscientific oversimplification that can't be applied to the real world.

If circumstances must be oversimplified to the nth degree for philosophy concepts like natural selection to appear valid. Then we might question whether such philosophy is useful at all in a scientific context.
Then do set us all straight and provide a REAL scientific discourse on the subject.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I gave it my best try. My religion came through a spiritual experience rather than a mental argument.
Spiritual experience are common to all religions. In other words your argument supports Islam and Hinduism as much as it supports Christianity. It only convinces the person that experienced it and since all that undergo such experiences cannot be right, in fact almost all of them have to be wrong, how is that evidence for anything?

The question is how can you test your experience to see if it was valid or not?

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I gave it my best try. My religion came through a spiritual experience rather than a mental argument.
Then please don't proceed to tell everyone else about what things like Evolution are. You've had a moment that you attribute to some outside force. Could be god or gas, you don't know. Instead you treat us to... well, what can only be described as nonsense.

E=MC2 means that Energy = Mass times the speed of light squared. So if you have a bit of some matter it's that matter times 299,792.458 km per second x 299,792.458 km per second. Or, 89,875,517,873.681764. So as you can see there is a LOT of energy in a single bit of matter.

You then took that equation and mangled it. What the heck is E divided by the speed of light squared and what is breaking it down into natural, mental and spiritual??? Those mean absolutely NOTHING.

Finding a famous equation and thinking you have a clue what it means doesn't mean you do. All sciency-type things do not relate to each other. Sometimes, if you don't understand something it's best just to admit that you don't understand. I've had actual discussions with religionists who said, "you know, I don't understand evolution at all but what I hear of it doesn't sound reasonable to me." You know, instead of making up an entirely new branch of science and trying to disprove it.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,017.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Then please don't proceed to tell everyone else about what things like Evolution are. You've had a moment that you attribute to some outside force. Could be god or gas, you don't know. Instead you treat us to... well, what can only be described as nonsense.

E=MC2 means that Energy = Mass times the speed of light squared. So if you have a bit of some matter it's that matter times 299,792.458 km per second x 299,792.458 km per second. Or, 89,875,517,873.681764. So as you can see there is a LOT of energy in a single bit of matter.

You then took that equation and mangled it. What the heck is E divided by the speed of light squared and what is breaking it down into natural, mental and spiritual??? Those mean absolutely NOTHING.

Finding a famous equation and thinking you have a clue what it means doesn't mean you do. All sciency-type things do not relate to each other. Sometimes, if you don't understand something it's best just to admit that you don't understand. I've had actual discussions with religionists who said, "you know, I don't understand evolution at all but what I hear of it doesn't sound reasonable to me." You know, instead of making up an entirely new branch of science and trying to disprove it.
When the sun shines it does not emit 299,792.458 km per second x 299,792.458 km per second calculations.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When the sun shines it does not emit 299,792.458 km per second x 299,792.458 km per second calculations.
The sun doesn't emit any calculations.

I... we could help you learn something. About physics, about biology, about science. If you wanted to. Statements like this don't help.

• Agree
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,017.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The sun doesn't emit any calculations.

I... we could help you learn something. About physics, about biology, about science. If you wanted to. Statements like this don't help.
The possibilities of mass (m) with Energy and Light (E/c2) coming together.... Infinite! With organic chemistry enabling the carbon atoms ability to bond and come up with a wonderful array of compounds... Infinite! One day all the M (mass) is going to dis-associate to E/c2... And God is going to do something else with it!

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire (E/c2) shall be dissolved, and the elements (m) shall melt with fervent heat? - 2 Peter 3:12

I await the day this happens and want to be there to observe all that E/c2 forming into something else! All according to the imagination of one superior than I!

I have forty years experience working with chemistry and am a Lab Technician who has worked with Doctors in chemistry. Each element absorbs its own unique wavelength of light allowing us to measure consecrations of all kind of metallic compounds. Such a variety of mass in planet Earth! So many neat things to do with it! I could spend my lifetime writing about it, but will leave it in this formula, E=mc2.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The possibilities of mass (m) with Energy and Light (E/c2) coming together.... Infinite! With organic chemistry enabling the carbon atoms ability to bond and come up with a wonderful array of compounds... Infinite! One day all the M (mass) is going to dis-associate to E/c2... And God is going to do something else with it!

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire (E/c2) shall be dissolved, and the elements (m) shall melt with fervent heat? - 2 Peter 3:12

I await the day this happens and want to be there to observe all that E/c2 forming into something else! All according to the imagination of one superior than I!

I have forty years experience working with chemistry and am a Lab Technician who has worked with Doctors in chemistry. Each element absorbs its own unique wavelength of light allowing us to measure consecrations of all kind of metallic compounds. Such a variety of mass in planet Earth! So many neat things to do with it! I could spend my lifetime writing about it, but will leave it in this formula, E=mc2.
Sigh...

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟252,899.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For natural selection to be useful as a scientific explanation requires a certain degree of consistency/objectivity.

I was going to explain what natural selection actually means because I don't believe that you know. But then I thought...why would I discuss a subject with you that you are trying to deny when you don't understand that subject in the first place.

So I changed my mind.

Let me know when you know when you have enough information about it to hold a reasonable conversation. I'll hang around the thread to see how you're doing.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bungle_Bear
Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was going to explain what natural selection actually means because I don't believe that you know. But then I thought...why would I discuss a subject with you that you are trying to deny when you don't understand that subject in the first place.

So I changed my mind.

Let me know when you know when you have enough information about it to hold a reasonable conversation. I'll hang around the thread to see how you're doing.

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This is not an apt quote. A six year old will be honest and will want to learn. i do not see that in creationists. Every creationist that I have run into to date is simply looking for excuses to maintain their old beliefs. One cannot explain something to those that do not want to learn.

• Agree
Reactions: Phred
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟252,899.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

So you join a thread in which your first few posts are in effect denying that the evolutionary process even occurs and now you want me to explain the evolutionary process to you?

Well, I can certainly point you in the right direction. But what we might need to ascertain first is how much you actually know. Maybe I was wrong and you do know the basics. So what do you understand by the term 'natural selection'?

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you join a thread in which your first few posts are in effect denying that the evolutionary process even occurs and now you want me to explain the evolutionary process to you?

I don't want you to explain it.

I'm saying you CAN'T explain it.

Can't explain things you yourself fail to comprehend.

What I said specifically was parts of evolution like natural selection are philosophy. So not only can you not explain natural selection. It seems, you can't read.

Upvote 0