✟9,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One question no atheist can answer!
We are a hybrid, we have a body and soul, or non-religious way of putting it is a body and a person, even science proves this by change, the body changes all through life, but I remain the same person, my person does not change, the body is physical, and knowable by the five senses, what is the person, it's not physical and not knowable by the five senses? So it's not physical, what is it? And we know from science that the body is the result of the natural conception of one man and one woman, question for an atheist, what is the source of the person? Since my person did not exist, but now does, the only logical conclusion is that I was created, therefore there must be a creator, God!

Reactions: God is good

compassion 4 humanity

Oct 24, 2017
Texas
✟49,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
We are a hybrid, we have a body and soul, or non-religious way of putting it is a body and a person, even science proves this by change, the body changes all through life, but I remain the same person, my person does not change, the body is physical, and knowable by the five senses, what is the person, it's not physical and not knowable by the five senses? So it's not physical, what is it? And we know from science that the body is the result of the natural conception of one man and one woman, question for an atheist, what is the source of the person? Since my person did not exist, but now does, the only logical conclusion is that I was created, therefore there must be a creator, God!

Your arguments make sense to me because I’m a Christian. Atheists, though, wouldn’t believe your points and would say you have to prove God.

In my opinion, it’s best not to debate atheists. Every time, they will insist you prove God with evidence or scientific method. They don’t see any merit in theological arguments. Nothing gets through to them.

In reality, atheists are in love with their sins and don’t wish to repent and know God. They deny our heavenly father’s existence not because they are skeptical, but because they prefer sin instead of the way, the truth, and the life.

Upvote 0

Archie Dupont

Nov 25, 2017
Houston
✟10,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well of course atheists can't answer your question, this section of the forum is for Christians only.

Althought these kind of posts provoke a little bit of 'preaching to the choir'-behaviour, I actually hear a lot of different explanations for the fact that we have a soul and how it came to be. I don't think you have to be an atheist to discuss this kind of topic as within the christian community there is actually a lot of discourse regarding the answer of this question. I myself am actually still looking for the correct answer!

"Since my person did not exist, but now does, the only logical conclusion is that I was created, therefore there must be a creator, God!"...

...is not satisfying at best imo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Take a course on the physiology of the brain and you'll have a lot of your answers there. I don't remember all of it (just one course I took many years ago for my degree, not central to my degree), but basically your memories make up a lot of who you are, your reactions to things--emotions if I'm remembering correctly are based in the amygdala (again those are built up from memories we accumulate from birth on forward). The hypothalamus had some personality things going on too.

It's a very fascinating topic and will explain a lot how things that don't seem physical actually do have a physical basis (for instance, "mental" diseases are often due to an imbalance in chemicals).

Upvote 0