Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
At what point can you reasonably conclude that Jesus will not/cannot be found?

The Gospel answers all the shortcomings of my conscience as to what is good and bad, right and wrong, etc. and how to live life to have everlasting life.

• Winner
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
As Eastern Orthodox, do you believe that an Atheist can go to heaven if they lived a good life?

Yes, I always refer to Romans 2 as St. Paul refers to the conscience & disposition of the individual. I think the Lord tells us to carefully heed His words in Matthew 7:15-23 ( for ex.). I do not assume to be saved and another to not be saved.

I mean I struggle to keep the Lord’s commandments ( for ex. Romans 13:8-10) in living daily life ( I mean I am not plundering & pillaging but as far as disposition etc.)Other people of all kinds of beliefs have a better disposition to do this & others do not. The thing is as a Christian, if I am truly repentant, to the moment of death I can recall the thief on the cross next to the Lord ( Luke 23:38-43). I do not mean that I refer to the Lord’s mercy as some cheap insurance policy in this matter though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Can you clarify what you mean? Do you mean that we can never know for sure?

I second this. The question doesn't make any sense.

When you learn to look at evidence sensibly and evaluate the Christian claims with reason and logic.

So why don't you tell me what you think the question means.

Upvote 0