Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe that Jesus Christ was then revealing what the "sign" of the Son of man will be. It happens about the time of the 7th trumpet, when Jesus Christ is seen sitting on the right hand of power - and coming in great power and glory!
The wicked will hide in the rocks for fear of Him and His glory!
I can view these wicked ones as the ones shown in revelation.......
live by the den/cave, die by the den/cave

4693. spelaion spay'-lah-yon neuter of a presumed derivative of speos (a grotto); a cavern; by implication, a hiding-place or resort:--cave, den.
Strong's Number G4693 matches the Greek σπήλαιον (spēlaion), which occurs 6 times in 6 verses
Matt 21:13
and he saith to them, 'It hath been written, My house a house of prayer shall be called, but ye did make it a den of robbers.'
Luk 23:30
“Then they will begin ‘to say to the mountains, “Fall on us!” and to the hills, “Cover us!” '
Revelation 6:16
15 And the kings of the earth, and the princes, and the chief captains, and the rich, and the strong, and every bondman and freeman, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 and they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 for the great day of their wrath is come; and who is able to stand?

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover...........

Meanwhile the horrors of famine grew still more melancholy and afflictive.
The Jews, for of food were at length compelled to eat their belts, their sandals, the skins of their shields, dried grass, and even the ordure of oxen. In the depth or this horrible extremity,.........

Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matt 26:
64Thou say,” Jesus answered.
“But I say to all of ye, from now on ye be seeing the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of the heaven.”g

Mark 14:
62 I AM,” said Jesus,
“and ye will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming with the clouds of the heaven.

Revelation 1:
7 Behold! He doth come with the clouds, and see Him shall every eye, even those who did pierce Him,
and wail because of Him shall all the Tribes of the land. Yes! Amen!
I thought it might interesting to find out some more information about the High Priesthood during that period Jesus and Paul were preaching.
The name of the Chief priest during the time of Jesus' trial was Caiaphas.
[The more I delve into the Chief Priesthood of that time, the more intrigued I get]

Jhn 11:49
And one of them, Caiaphas, being Chief priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all,

Jhn 18:13
And they led Him away to Annas first, for he was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, who was Chief priest that year.

Ananias is mentioned is mentioned as a Chief priest, the one who confronts Paul in Acts:

Acts 23:
2 At this, the Chief Priest Ananias ordered those standing near Paul to strike him on the mouth.
3 Then Paul said to him, “God will strike you, you whitewashed wall!
You sit here to judge me according to the Law, yet you yourself violate the law by commanding that I be struck.”

Acts 24:1
Now after five days Ananias the Chief priest came down with the elders and a certain orator named Tertullus. These gave evidence to the governor against Paul.

Priesthood In The New Testament - International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
*snip*

1. The Jewish Priesthood
2. The Priesthood and High-Priesthood of Jesus Christ
3. The Priesthood of Believers

1. The Jewish Priesthood:
In the New Testament hierateuma (1 Peter 2:5,9), "priesthood," is not found with reference to the Jewish priesthood, but hiereus, and archiereus, "high priest," frequently occur. As until the fall of Jerusalem the activities of the priests were carried on in careful accordance with the prescriptions of the Old Testament, there naturally is nothing new or striking in the numerous New Testament references to their work.
Perhaps the information of the greatest interest is found in Luke 1:5-9 to the effect that Zacharias was of the course of Abijah, the 8th of the 24 courses into which the priests were divided (compare 1 Chronicles 24:7-18), and that in these courses the priests divided their work by lot.

In the Gospels the archiereis are mentioned oftener than are the hiereis, the power of the priesthood seeming to have been absorbed by a sort of priestly aristocracy.

As under the political pressure of that time the office of high priest could seldom be retained until the death of the holder, there might even be several living at the same time who had for a longer or shorter time held this office which made a man the head of the nation, not only ritually, but also politically, since the high priest was ex officio presiding officer of the Sanhedrin...............

Leviticus 8 | Gospel Doctrine

jewish-high-priest.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0