Question About the Cross? (NEW)

dadecounty3051

May 1, 2009
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Hi you guys doing, My name is mike Im new to the board. I'm very excited to find a Forum based on my relationship with god. I don't believe in religion, I dont have a religion. My Faith is in God, I go through Jesus to get to god and I have accepted jesus as my savior a long time ago. The reason I dont consider myself religious bc i think its a way of control sometimes people take it to an extreme levels that are redicuolus like when parents say dont go play basketball bc the devil is there. Stuff like that the one place i do fear and i dont go at all are clubs temptations and stuff go around there. I just like to keep it as I have a relationship with god. and the bible is my guide to heaven. Well my question would be how come on the Christian Forum we have a cross? Or people use the cross as a Christian Symbol when Jesus of Nazaredth is not dead he lives. Besides Jesus wasn't the first or the last to die like that? thats where thiefs and stuff would get crucifide? Well Thank you if you can answer my questions:amen:

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
This portion of the message board is not very active. Patience, my friend.

The cross is a symbol. Since you say the Bible is your guide, then let's see why it is a Christian symbol there.

Galatians 6:14
14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

It is also the symbol of the beginning of the New Covenant or New Testament...

Hebrews 9:16-17
16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it,
17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living.

Upvote 0

Dr. Mac

Kilted Texan
Sep 17, 2010
✟8,353.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Lord Jesus Himself said, "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life." (John 3:14)
Being 'lifted up' is the point of the analogy... as the Israelites lived physically by simply looking at the brass serpent Moses lifted up on the pole, so all who look to the Lord Jesus in faith will live eternally, with Him.
He repeated this truth later, within hours of the crucifixion, recorded in John 12:32, 33.

Upvote 0

steve_bakr

Christian
Aug 3, 2011
✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
plmarquette said:
in hoc signo....in this sign we conquor ... Romans 8.37...

a reminder of the work of atonement, propitiation

religion is a form.... faith is a relationship, regardless, we all need oversight and administration of the church / a church

Absolutely, and all Christians are called to become part of a Christian community for fellowship, guidance, accountability, and service.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My pardon was purchased on that cross.

I will never get past the cross.

"I resolved to know nothing when I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." (1Co 2:2)

"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. . ." (Gal 6:6)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums