Question about the book of Job! ( first post, be nice :)

KyleSpringer

Feb 13, 2018
Canton
✟12,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First things first, I'm Chantale from the French part of Canada, Quebec. Hello everybody!
I was reading the book of Job, and I came into a verse that made me cringe, like most similar verses that have an aggressive tone to it. I'm a pacifist...

“The righteous will be happy to see the wicked destroyed, and the innocent will laugh in contempt.
Job 22:19 NLT"
But, didn't Jesus said to love our enemies, and never rejoice in someone else's sorrows?
Even the righteous have misfortunes and pain, just like the wicked. Good and bad people. Nobody is spared.
That's always what leaves me pouting when I read the Bible, such content about people being destroyed and God clapping hands ( as they make it sounds) up there, rejoicing.
Help me out!
I think the most helpful thing I can say is that God will judge the nations, and everyone will rejoice in his righteousness and be totally enamored with his justice.

We know that God is merciful, and when the wicked are being judged by God, we will fully know God, and understand that destroying them is the only way it could be. We will dance for God and praise him and be overwhelmed by his glory, but we will also know the mockery and scorn that some have tried dragging the name of our Holy Father through. We would be utterly appalled by the dishonor that men had brought to the name of God, if we were still in flesh, we would most be chanting slurs at these people, and would exile them from our society if we had the chance.

In heaven, we will be whole, as God is whole, and we will see that judgement is a reason to rejoice because God is true.

I don’t think think is amusement at their misery but rather bewilderment of seeing the creator sorting out the wheat from the rates. There is clarity and it’s euphoria.

Hope this help.

Blessings

Upvote 0