I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm confused, and need sincere advice. I can honestly say that the sin of this world is getting to me. It's all around me, thrown in my face, everywhere I turn, it's there. From pictures, billboards, tv, radio, people, media etc. I am a sensitive person and lately have been really hating this world, and crying over the condition of sin. Seeing people live so wrecklessly, hurting and killing others, esp abusing children, etc. I don't know how to describe it....but when I cry I feel like the burden of the world's sin I have to let out to God, that I am sorry for what people are doing. I am trying to understand is this worldy sorrow or am I mourning sin for myself and others and whats going on in this world and how it upsets me. I know Jesus has overcome the world, and everything has a purpose....but why does it bother me so much?
I know I am far from perfect and I am a sinner too, but I feel I mourn for overall sin and wrong doing. (And I dont sit around crying all the time, just to let you know)

hope some understand and can share their thoughts.

Kirsten

May 7, 2004
✟1,267.00
Faith
Christian
I'm confused, and need sincere advice. I can honestly say that the sin of this world is getting to me. It's all around me, thrown in my face, everywhere I turn, it's there. From pictures, billboards, tv, radio, people, media etc. I am a sensitive person and lately have been really hating this world, and crying over the condition of sin. Seeing people live so wrecklessly, hurting and killing others, esp abusing children, etc. I don't know how to describe it....but when I cry I feel like the burden of the world's sin I have to let out to God, that I am sorry for what people are doing. I am trying to understand is this worldy sorrow or am I mourning sin for myself and others and whats going on in this world and how it upsets me. I know Jesus has overcome the world, and everything has a purpose....but why does it bother me so much?
I know I am far from perfect and I am a sinner too, but I feel I mourn for overall sin and wrong doing. (And I dont sit around crying all the time, just to let you know)

I do understand. I don't often cry over it, but the wickedness in the world grieves my heart deeply. I confess that sometimes it makes me angry that this world system is so Godless. I don't want God's wrath upon the earth, though I know it's coming, but I do yearn for Him to return and make everything right.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I go for a walk in nature or garden.
Then..I don't get bombarded with all the stuff from the world.
Also, I put a no-junk mail sign on my letterbox.

If the world is getting to me, I go prayer walking and rail against injustice and tell God he needs to do something about it, although he doesn't always take up my suggestions. I pray for lost people, and make it clear the devil can't hurt His saints.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have you ever heard of intercession or intercessory prayer? Maybe God is calling you to that. If you don't know what it is pray and ask God first. Then you might want to ask an older knowledgeable Christian or look it up on line. Also you might want to look into getting a prayer partner to encourage you in your prayer life.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2013
Northeast
✟25,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know Jesus has overcome the world, and everything has a purpose....but why does it bother me so much?

Maybe because you pulled those two statements out of context?

On the sin-in-your-face problem, do everything you can to minimize it. Most people have a lot more control over this than they realize. Also, if you're really into Jesus and really enjoy being in the Word, then a lot of what's bothering you should just fade away on its own. Take a listen to Franscesca Battistelli's "Strangely Dim":

Upvote 0

Wrexscar

May 15, 2008
Wales
✟15,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I used to be a news junkie.
24 hour news was always on my TV. I believed this made me better informed. What it was actually doing was making me depressed and negative.
I still catch up on the news but once a day looking over the headlines on a website and reading articles that I consider important are very different to how I consumed it before.

The media likes to emphasis the negative and will constantly push this to you. If you are a sensitive person you will either become desensitised or depressed and sad over the state of things.

You say it's there from Tv and Radio. Then switch them off. Put on Worship Cd's spend time in his presence. Now I'm not saying I don't get angry or sad about things but how do you deal with them after the initial reaction?
Taking them to your father in prayer and get his perspective if the only way I've found to deal with them.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am trying to understand is this worldy sorrow or am I mourning sin for myself and others and whats going on in this world and how it upsets me.

This is very understandable. I too have been overwhelmed with what is going on in the world and in my own country. Especially, the unspeakable sufferings of Christians in Islamic lands was really weighing me down.

I also stopped to consider it. On one hand, it seemed completely reasonable that I would react that way. But it didn't seem to square with the peace and joy which is our heritage in Christ, which empowers us to overcome the world.

I finally went to the Lord with it, and He answered me, "If I called you to martyrdom, would I want you to be this sad about it?" I answered, no, I would want to go through it with a martyr's grace, with the joy that comes from faith in my salvation. He answered me, "Then neither do I want you to take these other sufferings unto yourself in this way. You do your brothers no good by weakening yourself. Be strong for them."

That helped me sort it out a lot. I still am aware of those who suffer, but I am more able to live my life free in Christ. You probably have a call to intercession, but need to see your way past the worldly sorrow that is pulling you down.

A good read might be Php 4.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone for your input. I try to limit my tv time, and the news. It is depressing. It's kinda difficult when your eyes have been opened and you can look at other people who are blind and not aware of what's going on. You wanna say, hey wakeup!! Lol but you can't do that. Only God can take the blinders off. Or when people talk about well this causes this and blah blah, and I want to say, no, satan is behind this. When I do mention this, They are like....what??? Haha and this is mostly family and close friends. Oh well, I could go on and on...for now I will continue to pray and read.

Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe because you pulled those two statements out of context?

On the sin-in-your-face problem, do everything you can to minimize it. Most people have a lot more control over this than they realize. Also, if you're really into Jesus and really enjoy being in the Word, then a lot of what's bothering you should just fade away on its own. Take a listen to Franscesca Battistelli's "Strangely Dim":

Thank you, nice song.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 31, 2013
Northeast
✟25,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Three points:

Everything going on around us has to happen. By that I mean the apparent separation of the world into two camps, with very little visible gray area in the middle. There are end-time signs all around us. So in that context, maybe it's better to be encouraged more than anything else by what you see.

Also, there's so much Christian media available to everyone, through every communication pipe imaginable (AM radio, subscription radio, shortwave, satellite TV, cable TV, Internet, print, CD/DVD, personal example/testimony), that my sympathy for the fallen world has almost dried up and disappeared. The fact is, there's a huge self-inflicted component to this hot mess.

Finally, all we can do is what we can. The rest -- the stuff that's beyond our scope(s) of influence -- we have to let it go, or else go insane stressing over things we'll never be able to fix. Deep down, everyone knows God exists. Each one of them has to make a choice. Choices have consequences and they'll often kill you. Ask Greece about that concept. I think our job is to help people make fully-informed decisions, and that's where it should stop for us, both externally and internally/emotionally. If they don't want to come sit at the table, oh well... Hope you'll pardon me while I shake the dust off my boots and move on to others who might.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm confused, and need sincere advice. I can honestly say that the sin of this world is getting to me. It's all around me, thrown in my face, everywhere I turn, it's there. From pictures, billboards, tv, radio, people, media etc. I am a sensitive person and lately have been really hating this world, and crying over the condition of sin.
Yes, it is good for us to care about this evil world. It is good how God does judge, because this means He cares about us humans. But, along with how God judges that things are wrong, moreso He is changing us more and more into how Jesus is. So, it is important to keep feeding on this good, while we still have hope in prayer for wrong people :)

Love "hopes all things" in 1 Corinthians 13:7); so have hope in prayer for people who are in such a Satanic mess . . . while you have hope for yourself and other Christians :)

Seeing people live so wrecklessly, hurting and killing others, esp abusing children, etc. I don't know how to describe it....but when I cry I feel like the burden of the world's sin I have to let out to God, that I am sorry for what people are doing.
You are talking about what this world's people are deciding to put in your face. Be careful about letting Satan control where your attention goes . . . away from how we ourselves need deep correction (Hebrews 12:6-11) so we are in the nature of God's love . . . so then we can do "something", more than we have, already. Satan wants to have your attention away from God and becoming stronger in love, so he can keep you from all you can do that is good; and so he can keep you weak so you sin and then suffer and seek pleasure for comfort instead of first submitting to God.

I am trying to understand is this worldy sorrow or am I mourning sin for myself and others and whats going on in this world and how it upsets me. I know Jesus has overcome the world, and everything has a purpose....but why does it bother me so much?
Be glad it matters to you and you are not in denial about it; but do get into prayer and obeying how our Father guides your attention and has you doing the good you can do, with Him.

By the way . . . about doing good . . . Jesus did not just set up a program to help people and change the world. But He chose twelve apostles and spent personal time with them > Mark 3:14. He wants us to spend time with God in His love's prayer and spend time sharing as family with one another Christians. Then, you have God's example of love in you (Romans 5:5) and the success story of one another Christians to encourage you and remind you of how our Father is able to change any evil person, at all, into a child of His love :)

So, it is so important that you do not take this stuff on yourself, on your own!!

So, a prayer partner is good advice :) . . . meaning someone who helps you get more mature and real in God's love; and you help each other get "healed" of whatsoever in you makes you able to sin and then suffer >

"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16)

It is good that you are not in denial about the fact that you can sin; but . . . you are a child of God, not a "sinner". But it is good to get correction so our Father has us busy with doing all that is good, instead of giving in to sinning. Keep growing in Jesus.

I'm not perfect; so you decide if I have been understanding.

Also, as you learn and grow, now you can feel for others and help them with how God has helped you >

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

And a perspective that might help you is to understand that Satan's kingdom is in this world. His kingdom is a sewer system of his evil spirit (Ephesians 2:2) which is flowing on its way to the flaming sewer which burns with fire and brimstone. So, evil is on its way somewhere, truly in God's control and management. And, even in this wicked mess, He is able to change evil and horrible people "from the power of Satan to God" > Acts 26:18. Any person, at all, can be saved; Jesus suffered and shed His blood and died with hope for any person, at all. So, be alive in this hope, in prayer.

Satan was in Heaven, itself, and he was not satisfied. So, he got thrown out "like lightning" (Luke 10:18). Heaven has such perfect circumstances and loving; yet, Satan was not satisfied. So, Satanic people can not be satisfied by Jesus and how He has us loving; but we all need how our Father changes our nature so we can find out how to love. So, this is first where our attention belongs.

Upvote 0