Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I have heard that SDAs believe that Y'shua is also Michael the Archangel. (Apparantly Ellen White said this).

HOW can this be. Y'shua is G-d and Michael the Archangel is a CREATED BEING.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

Lebesgue,

If it were shown you from Scripture that Michael the Archangel is the pre-incarnate Christ, would you accept it? Or would you refuse since Ellen White (among others) have said this?

Also, I'd be interested if you could provide Scripture that proves Michael was a created being. I hope you do not base your view on the word "angel".

Jon

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have heard that SDAs believe that Y'shua is also Michael the Archangel. (Apparantly Ellen White said this).

HOW can this be. Y'shua is G-d and Michael the Archangel is a CREATED BEING.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

If you had ever been in the Adventist church, especially for fourteen years as you have stated, then this seems like a rather odd thread.

"I have heard that SDAs believe...."

If you had been in the church for fourteen years you would know exactly what Adventist teach and preach regarding this subject and you would know for a fact that Adventist do not believe Michael the Archangel was a created being and that this is Jesus' name in Heaven before He was born on earth.

Upvote 0

Jon0388g

Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Show me the Scripture. I'll take a look at it.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

To be honest, I'd rather not waste a chunk of time digging out the Scripture when I'm sure you've seen them many times already. That is why I asked if you would accept it if it was copied out on screen for you.

The manner in which you've made about 10 threads challenging the faith of the church, made it pretty clear why and how you left, and that you would not return again, leaves me to conclude that the Scripture we provide will not sway your opinion. So, I respectfully bow from the invitation.

Jon

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To be honest, I'd rather not waste a chunk of time digging out the Scripture when I'm sure you've seen them many times already. That is why I asked if you would accept it if it was copied out on screen for you.

The manner in which you've made about 10 threads challenging the faith of the church, made it pretty clear why and how you left, and that you would not return again, leaves me to conclude that the Scripture we provide will not sway your opinion. So, I respectfully bow from the invitation.

Jon

I believe we should all take anything this poster says with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0

Dania

New Child Of Christ -- Representing KINGSTON
Jan 19, 2008
✟7,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well i have thought about this.. looking on scriptures in daniel.. but there is no definate proof. just someone opinion on the topic...

did ellen white get a vision about micheal or did she just comment on the topic.. i still dont take everything with a grain of salt, even from a proclaimed prophetess...

it would be cool.. wen i think of it in my eyes. i see god.. jesus (aka michael) and lucifer (aka satan) one giving lie one bring death... on loves us.. n hate us.. one good one bad.. . its cool her in my mind.. but that doesnt mean that it is so..

and beside.. knowing bout michael = jesus will not help anyone.. i more see some sort of animosity developing from this that naything else soo... i dont really debate bout this topic. would be interesting to see the refernces tho :)

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
unless you believe that all of a sudden the books of Daniel and Revelation are giving glory to an angel and he is now the source of our salvation then, you have to look at "Arch" as meaning "Chief of Angles"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus has always been the Christ...one of the trinity and was never Michael. Where in scripture does it even suggest a thing?
you did not read the article did you?

Micheal = Who is like God

Arch = Chief of

Cheif of Angels Who is like God? NOW How is that not Jesus.

HE IS THE HEAD OF EVERY THING.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has always been the Christ...one of the trinity and was never Michael. Where in scripture does it even suggest a thing?

Here is an excellent study that will help shed some interesting light on the situation. Just click on the image.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟16,029.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe we should all take anything this poster says with a grain of salt.

Ouch! I am just pointing out things that I believe to be doctrinal errors. I would not attack anyone personally, I am sorry if you feel that way.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

Ouch! I am just pointing out things that I believe to be doctrinal errors. I would not attack anyone personally, I am sorry if you feel that way.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

Here is another link on Michael from http://www.biblelight.net/michael.htm

I'll just point out a few points

Archangel means the chief of angel. One of the old testament titles for the LORD is the captain of the host. No other archangel is mentioned in the bible.

The angel of the Lord received worship in OT.

Michael will stand up for His people in the end. It can be none other than Jesus Himself.

Michael was called the Great Prince Dan 21:1. Jesus was called the prince, Isa 9:6, Acts 5:31, Rev 1:5.

There was war in heaven, Michael and His angels fought against the dragon. Rev 12:7. Who was Michael, the leader of angels? Captain of the host.

And these two parallel passages:

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Zec 3
1 And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist Him.
2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Avonia

Just look through the telescope . . .
Dec 13, 2007
✟9,313.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ouch! I am just pointing out things that I believe to be doctrinal errors.

Lebesgue, I've been just drifting in and out of the form for the last few weeks, so I haven't read your posts.

So, welcome!

What may be a higher purpose than pointing out the "errors" is helping those who are choosing to be in the Seventh-day Adventist community grow while staying rooted in their tradition. There's no reason to leave. Just like there's not reason you shouldn't have. In the whole scheme of things, you are no more error free at this point than you were before. Our incomplete perceptions of The ALL may shift a bit, but we are all trying to describe something than can not be described.

Your service here, then, could be how to make Adventists better Adventists. Our service to you could be to help you on your path as a Child of God.

We are all working together.

Upvote 0

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟16,029.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Lebesgue, I've been just drifting in and out of the form for the last few weeks, so I haven't read your posts.

So, welcome!

What may be a higher purpose than pointing out the "errors" is helping those who are choosing to be in the Seventh-day Adventist community grow while staying rooted in their tradition. There's no reason to leave. Just like there's not reason you shouldn't have. In the whole scheme of things, you are no more error free at this point than you were before. Our incomplete perceptions of The ALL may shift a bit, but we are all trying to describe something than can not be described.

Your service here, then, could be how to make Adventists better Adventists. Our service to you could be to help you on your path as a Child of God.

We are all working together.

I like that idea, Avonia and I am all for it. Yes, I left the SDA church because I felt I had to and it has turned out to be the RIGHT decision for ME.

But I concurr that one can stay in Adventism and grow spritually and in the L-rd. I just wasn't, for whatever reason finding that in the SDA church but that doesn't mean it's not there.

My dear wife of almost 17 years is still SDA and I am not about to prush my beliefs on her. I do however, share with her what I learn at my Messianic Synagogue and she LISTENS and even accepts some of it.

But whether she would leave the SDA church and join me or not is entirely her decision.

So I am all for helping the SDAs on here grow. The purpose of my threads was to generate thinking on some of this things and maybe get some people to "think outside the box".

Anyway, I really like what you posted above. G-d Bless you.

Shalom,

Lebesgue

Upvote 0

HOPEOF9

Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
✟8,160.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you did not read the article did you?

Micheal = Who is like God

Arch = Chief of

Cheif of Angels Who is like God? NOW How is that not Jesus.

HE IS THE HEAD OF EVERY THING.
Honestly I wasn't really interested in the article. I don't hold wikipedia in a very trustworthy light.
The bible...that I trust. :)

Have a blessed day!

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Honestly I wasn't really interested in the article. I don't hold wikipedia in a very trustworthy light.
The bible...that I trust. :)

Have a blessed day!

How about the study I left? Did you take time to read that?

Upvote 0