Eishiba

Dec 15, 2011
✟15,450.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
In Matthew chapter 25 34-40
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

In verse 40 it specifies the "least" of these brother and sister of mine. Who is being spoken of? Is this reffering to someone who is least financially?

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
More like someone who would be seen as insignificant to others, possibly including by the poor which would make them the least of these examples.. the lowest of the low.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In verse 40 it specifies the "least" of these brother and sister of mine. Who is being spoken of? Is this reffering to someone who is least financially?

It is referring to those who are in need, such as the hungry, the thirsty, the stranger, the naked, the sick, and the imprisoned. The Lord gives those six examples of "the least." In the Catholic tradition this is what the "Corporal Works of Mercy" are based upon.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

"Least of these" refers to those who are poor, hungry, naked, are outcasts, etc--those whom society ignores, those who are struggling to survive. God identifies with the vulnerable.

Jesus identifies Himself with the lowly and the outcasts of society, not with the rich, the powerful, the glorious, or the highly esteemed. How we treat the most vulnerable people among us, says Jesus, is how we treat Him.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think the least of these is the poor.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
More like someone who would be seen as insignificant to others, possibly including by the poor which would make them the least of these examples.. the lowest of the low.
upload_2021-10-5_6-52-5.png

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Least spiritually...given the least gift... and we know that the Lord is the giver and bestower of all gifts of the Holy Spirit. Consider the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30 and apply it here..remembering that the Master or the man in charge in the parables is God.

Upvote 0