Question 4 Catholics: What is going on in side the RCC with the Pope.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Btw He was not yet man in the time of Moses.

So what? What does that have to do with anything in this conversation? By the way, I would note that since the Risen Christ is freed from the constraints that impact humans, as demonstrated by his ability to enter into a room the doors of which were closed, and to seemingly appear and disappear at will, when Moses interacted with God, these interactions were obviously either with our Lord, before His incarnation, at least from our perspective, or with the Holy Spirit, or both. For example, the Burning Bush incident is remarkably similar to the tongues of fire on Pentecost and other confirmed Pneumatophanies in Scripture. In the case of the Father, in canonical Scripture, where He has been identified explicitly, in the Gospels, only His voice has been heard, so those instances where God was seen, or had a physical presence, or was doing things a human might do, are logically Christophanies. This also explains why it is said that no one can see God and live, and also the statement of Christ our God that no one has seen the Father and lived.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The ordinary form can be beautiful if done correctly. Ad orientem, Roman Canon, chanting, some parts in Latin, incense. Thankful to live in an area where parishes that do it beautifully.

I adore the TLM and only attended about five times. I wish I could go to that parish more.

Indeed, St. John Cantius in Chicago and the Oxford Oratory in Oxford celebrate the mass using the 2002 Missal in an elegant manner. Also the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

Since there is a TLM parish very close to me, I prefer to just attend mass there, however, since it is very difficult to find a parish that does the Novus Ordo properly. In fact, even with the cumbersome restrictions of Traditiones Custodes, it is easier to find a traditional Latin mass than a decent Novus Ordo mass in the dioceses near me, at least (in Las Vegas, which is within the geograpical territory in which I work, there was a church which before Covid was doing the Novus Ordo in Latin, but now there’s just the TLM, and also there is an SSPX chapel and two other TLM chapels not part of the canonical RCC, the bishop of which I cannot identify, so it is possible its just a traditionalist priest.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So what? What does that have to do with anything in this conversation? By the way, I would note that since the Risen Christ is freed from the constraints that impact humans, as demonstrated by his ability to enter into a room the doors of which were closed, and to seemingly appear and disappear at will, when Moses interacted with God, these interactions were obviously either with our Lord, before His incarnation, at least from our perspective, or with the Holy Spirit, or both. For example, the Burning Bush incident is remarkably similar to the tongues of fire on Pentecost and other confirmed Pneumatophanies in Scripture. In the case of the Father, in canonical Scripture, where He has been identified explicitly, in the Gospels, only His voice has been heard, so those instances where God was seen, or had a physical presence, or was doing things a human might do, are logically Christophanies. This also explains why it is said that no one can see God and live, and also the statement of Christ our God that no one has seen the Father and lived.
I am aware of Christology in the OT. There are dozens of places in OT where the Son appears as the angel of the Lord, even intercedes for His people to the Father.

But I do not understand what this has anything to do with Abraham/Moses changing God's mind. God cannot be influenced, and I will not pray to change His mind, God protect I ever do that.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who are you referring to?
People who do not meet our Apostle Paul's requirements to pastor the church > 1 Timothy 3:1-10. And yet, they were ordained.

I mean ones who were even reported for evil behavior and being bad at relating with others, but political connections got them ordained and retained.

There are people who have been defrocked, and I will offer they did not suddenly become bad apples if they had developed the character of Jesus; but they never were qualified in the first place. And ones screening them before seminary had opportunity to pick them out long before the inescapable proof became public.

John 10:4-5 >

Jesus makes a sheep able to tell the difference; it is apparent that there are people who can not tell the difference, if certain bad actors have continued in pulpits for even decades and various ones have trusted and promoted them.

And in case there is no authority structure which is effective for removing such people . . . this is a problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
There are people who have been defrocked, and I will offer they did not suddenly become bad apples if they had developed the character of Jesus; but they never were qualified in the first place. And ones screening them before seminary had opportunity to pick them out long before the inescapable proof became public.
Those in charge of seminaries are not God, but only human beings ... they can't read minds.

Upvote 0