United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
grey-blue-stripe.gif

Focus on the black dot in the bottom right hand corner and the moving grey stripe will eventually turn blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I see a white dress with light brown trim. (However, I also notice the light is very bright, so in more "normal" light, the dress could look different)

I see a different shades bar even though I know it's not really the case.
You are right! Did you guess the dress color?

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
When you first look at this, how many colors do you see? Some might say they see 3 or even 4 colors
red-green.gif

but there are 2 - red and green! People usually think they see 2 shades of red, but there is only 1. Look closely and you will notice on one side that white boxes surround the red boxes, and on the other side, green boxes do! Due to the placement of these boxes you get the "illusion" of different colors. Since white is not considered to be a color (it is the presence of all colors in scientific terms) we can safely say that there are 2 colors present here! Still don't understand?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
rotating-dots.gif

Also known as Pac-Man illusion is another example of afterimage complementary color (green as opposite to lilac). Follow the movement of the rotating pink dot with your eyes and the dots will remain only one color, pink. But if you stare at the black + in the center, the moving dot will turn green. (by Jeremy L. Hinton)

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Your Marbles or Your Life?
RAY: Many years ago a prisoner was condemned to die. He was in his cell, and the warden came to visit him. He said to the prisoner that his odds of dying the next day are 100% (big bad surprise, right?) But the warden wants to increase the prisoner's chances to 50%. The warden gives the prisoner 2 shoeboxes, one with 50 white marbles, and one with 50 black marbles. The warden will come in blindfolded and pick a marble out of one of the boxes. White, he lives. Black, he dies.

The marbles can be arranged in any way. All the marbles must be used in either box. Is there any way to improve his chances above 50%?

Brought to you by cartalk plaza
Contact Us

Answer comes next week

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know, they send it to me and I post it. It is their wording. I would look at it the way you want to based on what they said about the boxes. Answer next week I will post a link in case anyone wants to enter their answer.:)
If it were me I would think they are just loose as a shoe box is big, how many marbles fit in a shoe box loosely?
Here's their link if you want to ask them your question. You can also get the answer next week from this link if you don't want to wait for m to post it.

Contact Us

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Your Marbles or Your Life?
RAY: Many years ago a prisoner was condemned to die. He was in his cell, and the warden came to visit him. He said to the prisoner that his odds of dying the next day are 100% (big bad surprise, right?) But the warden wants to increase the prisoner's chances to 50%. The warden gives the prisoner 2 shoeboxes, one with 50 white marbles, and one with 50 black marbles. The warden will come in blindfolded and pick a marble out of one of the boxes. White, he lives. Black, he dies.

The marbles can be arranged in any way. All the marbles must be used in either box. Is there any way to improve his chances above 50%?

Brought to you by cartalk plaza
Contact Us

Answer comes next week

ANSWER:
RAY: The prisoner's dilemma: The prisoner can improve his chances from 50/50. If he rearranges the marbles, putting 99 marbles in one box and 1 white marble in the other box, his chances are improved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
ANSWER:
RAY: The prisoner's dilemma: The prisoner can improve his chances from 50/50. If he rearranges the marbles, putting 99 marbles in one box and 1 white marble in the other box, his chances are improved.

TODAY'S PUZZLER
The Great Grasshopper Race
RAY: Two grasshoppers are hanging around, and each is boasting that he is faster than the other. To settle the argument, they decide to have a race.

The larger of the grasshoppers, Throckmorton -- or Throckie, as he's known -- can jump 10 inches at a single bound. The other grasshopper, Rocky, can jump only six inches at a shot. So the larger grasshopper says, "We're going to set up a racecourse that's 24 feet long: 12 feet out and 12 feet back."

They're each at the starting point. Vinnie Goombatz-Hopper shoots the gun, and they take off.

Now, even though Throckie, the bigger guy, can jump 10 inches at a shot, the little guy, Rocky, jumps more often. So when they get to the five-foot mark—which is 60 inches—the big guy has jumped six times and the little guy has jumped 10 times, but they're dead even...neck and neck...antennae to antennae.

The question is: Which one wins the race, and why?

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Breaking the Sound Barrier… on Horseback!
RAY: The inspiration for this puzzler was sent in by a fellow named Pierro Martilucci.

Nowadays, we're very accustomed to high-speed travel. We have passenger planes that go close to 500 mph, and even our cars can go well over 100 mph.

But until the advent of the train, the fastest that anyone could travel, unless you either fell off a cliff or were shot from a cannon, was as fast as a horse could carry or pull you. And yet, some of the people on horseback or driving a team of horses broke the sound barrier on a regular basis.

How did they do it? And by the way, there are hints in here!

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
By cracking a whip...?
If you turn your answer in at their site and you are the first you get special mention at their site:)
No answer on this one til next Monday

I haven't seen you post at all lately, I hope all is well with you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NEXT PUZZLE

The Perplexing Paragraph
RAY: I'm going to read this just the way I got it. It came from Robert Skidmore. He says, "OK, I sent this one to you to be put in the daily trivia. Since you didn't do that, I'll send it again. This time as a Puzzler. It'll probably be more fun to have people try to answer it after hearing it rather than after reading it anyway. The person trying to answer this puzzle must listen/look closely at the following paragraph."

"This paragraph is odd. What is its oddity? You may not find it at first, but this paragraph is not normal. What is wrong? It's just a small thing, but an oddity that stands out if you find it. What is it? You must know. Your days will not go on until you find out what is odd. You will pull your hair out. Your insomnia will push you until your poor brain finally short-circuits trying to find an oddity in this paragraph. Good luck."

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It contains no e's.

The Principal Fix
RAY: There's a high school election for senior class president, and there are three kids running, Tom, Tad, and Tim. As luck would have it they each get exactly the same number of votes: One.
There's a lot of apathy in that particular school I guess. Anyway the principal calls Tom, Tad and Tim into his office and says, "Look guys, we could have another election but there's a pretty good chance that the count's going to come out exactly the same. So let's just throw each of your names into a hat, and I'll pull one out, and that'll be the winner, OK?"

Well they all agree. Sure. So he takes a clean sheet, you know, of plain white paper, eight and a half by eleven, and he folds it into thirds, and then like teachers often do, holding the paper on the sharp edge of his desk he tears the paper so that three pieces are exactly or pretty much exactly the same size. He hands each kid a piece and says, "Write your name here." And just to make sure it's on the up and up, he says, "Guys, you can blindfold me and I'm going to hold the hat. We're going to put the three names in a hat, and I'm going to hold the hat above my head and I'm going to reach in and pull out the winner's name."
Now the principal wants Tad to win because the other two kids are knuckleheads and he thinks, "If either one of these kids becomes president the school is going down, and I'm going to lose my job." So the question is how does the principal fix it so Tad wins?

Upvote 0