✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I had the following questions on this topic:

Is the purpose of a healing miracle to confirm the gospel according to Mark 16:20 OR give complete / full healing?

Is the prayer of another person or a healing minister necessary in order to be healed? If yes, how was the woman in Mathew 9:22 healed without other's prayer?

A Christian said that the healings he got in healing meetings were partial healings (or miracles) not complete healings (abundance). The question is, do prayers of others lead only to partial healings in order to confirm the gospel & not to be healed completely or fully?

Does "your faith" that is, personal faith in Christ's death & resurrection in contrast to other's prayer of faith give complete / full healing according to Mathew 9:22? So far as an individual is concerned, is God pleased with the former?

You may post your replies in a Christ like fashion.

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was healed in India.
At the time I was not even looking to Him for healing, nor was I aware of the serious danger I was in. He spoke to me "out the blue", challenged me to ask Him and discard the drugs I had been given.
The healing was immediate and complete.
It wasn't until a couple of years later I explained the xrays that had been taken of my bowel (I still have them) to a nurse and she assured me that the problem I had was only fixable with a surgical procedure, and without that I was in very serious trouble.

Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When we are faced with a problem that needs a serious miracle, we of course want a complete miracle. I am facing this right now with my Mother. She is experiencing pretty serious dementia and the doctors can only recommend we watch her diet. Problem is, her diet for decades has been the recommended diet. Fish, plenty of fruits and vegetables, etc. Of course, I have sought after a miracle for her.

But the Holy Spirit impressed on me, she is being cared for by our Lord. I was led to consider the Lord's Prayer. We are not told to pray for complete miracles, that is what we pray for because it is what we want. Jesus told us to pray "give us this day our daily bread." In this simple sentence, he tells us how to pray for our sick loved ones. Ask for our needs for today to be met, and pray tomorrow for tomorrow's needs to be met tomorrow.

Mom is healed. Healed enough for her to get through today. And I know she will be healed enough to get through tomorrow. Of course I would love for her to be restored to what she was 10 years ago, but today's healing is enough for today, as will be tomorrow's.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I was healed of infirmity completely, though my arthritis remains, which is a whole 'nuther issue. I am so grateful for the energy I have now as opposed to the sapping of my strength by the Lyme Disease before our miracle. I say OUR because I prayed too, while the people laid their hands on me and prayed over me too.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When we are faced with a problem that needs a serious miracle, we of course want a complete miracle. I am facing this right now with my Mother. She is experiencing pretty serious dementia and the doctors can only recommend we watch her diet. Problem is, her diet for decades has been the recommended diet. Fish, plenty of fruits and vegetables, etc. Of course, I have sought after a miracle for her.

But the Holy Spirit impressed on me, she is being cared for by our Lord. I was led to consider the Lord's Prayer. We are not told to pray for complete miracles, that is what we pray for because it is what we want. Jesus told us to pray "give us this day our daily bread." In this simple sentence, he tells us how to pray for our sick loved ones. Ask for our needs for today to be met, and pray tomorrow for tomorrow's needs to be met tomorrow.

Mom is healed. Healed enough for her to get through today. And I know she will be healed enough to get through tomorrow. Of course I would love for her to be restored to what she was 10 years ago, but today's healing is enough for today, as will be tomorrow's.
That is beautiful. Thankyou!

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Did Jesus say "Your faith has healed you" in Mathew 9:22? Was it a healing for that day or was she fully healed?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I was healed in India.
At the time I was not even looking to Him for healing, nor was I aware of the serious danger I was in. He spoke to me "out the blue", challenged me to ask Him and discard the drugs I had been given.
The healing was immediate and complete.
It wasn't until a couple of years later I explained the xrays that had been taken of my bowel (I still have them) to a nurse and she assured me that the problem I had was only fixable with a surgical procedure, and without that I was in very serious trouble.

Do you believe your complete healing was based on faith in Christ's finished work on the cross 2000 years ago?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I was healed of infirmity completely, though my arthritis remains, which is a whole 'nuther issue. I am so grateful for the energy I have now as opposed to the sapping of my strength by the Lyme Disease before our miracle. I say OUR because I prayed too, while the people laid their hands on me and prayed over me too.

Do you believe that Christ has already healed you completely by His finished work on the cross as per His eternal plan & that none needs to lay hands & pray for you and that your healing will manifest in the Lord's time?

Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did Jesus say "Your faith has healed you" in Mathew 9:22? Was it a healing for that day or was she fully healed?
Her needs for the day are taken care of. God promises to take care of our daily needs daily. That may not be spectacular like a complete healing is, but it is a healing nonetheless.

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe your complete healing was based on faith in Christ's finished work on the cross 2000 years ago?
Not as such. I was at a low ebb in my faith at the time. He asked me: "Do you believe in Me or not?" and then when I said "Yes", He said "Then tip those pills down the toilet." Which is what I did. I didn't know what I was doing, only trusting Him at the time and nothing bigger than that I new I was sick.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Her needs for the day are taken care of. God promises to take care of our daily needs daily. That may not be spectacular like a complete healing is, but it is a healing nonetheless.

Do you mean to say faith in God's eternal plan revealed through Christ's finished work on the cross cannot heal a person completely?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am being healed from something in this way. Has been hard to see it. You have shown me something I needed to see. Not everybody gets a helicopter rescue. He does things according to His own Will and it ain't a magic trick.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Not as such. I was at a low ebb in my faith at the time. He asked me: "Do you believe in Me or not?" and then when I said "Yes", He said "Then tip those pills down the toilet." Which is what I did. I didn't know what I was doing, only trusting Him at the time and nothing bigger than that I new I was sick.

nothing bigger than that

So what do you think faith is? Is anything bigger than that required to be completely healed?

Does faith in God's eternal plan revealed through Christ's finished work on the cross heal completely?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So what do you think faith is? Is anything bigger than that required to be completely healed?

Does faith in God's eternal plan revealed through Christ's finished work on the cross heal completely?
It is YHWH who heals and He heals according to His best interests and will at the time. I think its about that relationship with Him and He doesn't have to do anything at all. The reason we can speak to Him is because we are righteous in Christ but because of this He is our Loving Father with bigger fish to fry than our immediate well being.
So sometimes He will give someone complete and immediate healing (I have had that 3 times in my life), but sometimes He wants us to work through something or learn to trust something else. I don't know.
I have been in pain for a couple of years now and not really coming right at a rate I would like.
What @HatedByAll has written rings a bell with my current experience and what I have been told.

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Do you believe that Christ has already healed you completely by His finished work on the cross as per His eternal plan & that none needs to lay hands & pray for you and that your healing will manifest in the Lord's time?

Well, if Jesus chose to heal me now, is there something wrong with that? Of course I believe in His work on the cross, otherwise I would not be here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
It is YHWH who heals and He heals according to His best interests and will at the time. I think its about that relationship with Him and He doesn't have to do anything at all. The reason we can speak to Him is because we are righteous in Christ but because of this He is our Loving Father with bigger fish to fry than our immediate well being.
So sometimes He will give someone complete and immediate healing (I have had that 3 times in my life), but sometimes He wants us to work through something or learn to trust something else. I don't know.
I have been in pain for a couple of years now and not really coming right at a rate I would like.
What @HatedByAll has written rings a bell with my current experience and what I have been told.
Do you mean to say praying with faith is meaningless?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Not at all! But I do think that God is much more versatile and personal in His approach than some formula or method.

Do you say faith is simply a formula or method and not important enough by which God is pleased as per Hebrews 11:6?

Upvote 0