Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What does it mean to have purpose/meaning in one's life? Do you feel it is possible to have purpose or meaning in one's life outside religion?

Ken

Simply , to : Enjoy God thru his Son, Jesus Christ, and to grow in his knowledge daily. Its all about having a personal dynamic real Relationship with the Creator of our Souls who is the Universes' Creator too. This is what bring deep long lasting fulfillment and puirpose and meaning, whereas everything else is short lasting ...kinda like a new car that eventually looses its nice smell in time.

Its not about meeting the rules and rituals of religions, but rather, its about KNOWING God and his love for you as demonstrated thru creation, his written WOrd called the Bible, and thru the historical Jesus Christ who claimed and proved to be this Creator to draw us back to himself IF we will so choose .

Ive been at the bedsides of many people who were close to death or who died in my presence, and those who chose not to accept Christ passed from this life in an empty hopeless state of feeling their life was missing something. For, it was missing something very vital.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Ken1122. For me it is: try to become more loving, more loving, and more loving. We all can do it, and it certainly makes life more exciting, more worth living. To love is catching, and infectious, and each day I meet new people who are becoming more friendly and joyous, even if it is for a short while only. To love and care is a great goal to aim for, it gives a feeling of
being loved and worthy, somehow. I say this with love, Ken.
Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Reactions: Forge3
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That is up to YOU whether you are or not . Im simply saying what we are MADE for ...
Well if what you say is true, I guess I am.
The greatest heinous crime of all, is a person refusing The Creator all of his/her earthly life due to pride , due to what one thinks is 'limited freedom' of lifestyles , and because one doesnt want to be owned by someone far higher than Self. We all get to choose what we do with God and his free undeserved gift to us to be reconciled to him, thru his Son CHrist sent to wash away all ones sins. No one will ever regret taking God up on his free offer in this life.
Do you really think people refuse your creator after his existence has been confirmed to them? How about if a person simply dismisses the possibility of a creator after years of searching to no avail? That wouldn’t be a heinous crime would it?

Ken

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Simply , to : Enjoy God thru his Son, Jesus Christ, and to grow in his knowledge daily. Its all about having a personal dynamic real Relationship with the Creator of our Souls who is the Universes' Creator too. This is what bring deep long lasting fulfillment and puirpose and meaning, whereas everything else is short lasting ...kinda like a new car that eventually looses its nice smell in time.

Its not about meeting the rules and rituals of religions, but rather, its about KNOWING God and his love for you as demonstrated thru creation, his written WOrd called the Bible, and thru the historical Jesus Christ who claimed and proved to be this Creator to draw us back to himself IF we will so choose .

Ive been at the bedsides of many people who were close to death or who died in my presence, and those who chose not to accept Christ passed from this life in an empty hopeless state of feeling their life was missing something. For, it was missing something very vital.
So in your opinion, having purpose in life is strictly a Christian thing?

Ken

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Dear Ken1122. For me it is: try to become more loving, more loving, and more loving. We all can do it, and it certainly makes life more exciting, more worth living. To love is catching, and infectious, and each day I meet new people who are becoming more friendly and joyous, even if it is for a short while only. To love and care is a great goal to aim for, it gives a feeling of
being loved and worthy, somehow. I say this with love, Ken.
Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
Thank-you

Ken

Upvote 0

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Is this your purpose in life or everybody's.

Ken

I would say it is mine and not everyone's. And yet I conjecture that of others too. I resonate with what Emmy said. Also I understood the original question was the purpose outside of a religious model so I posited what I consider a higher purpose in that context. And to clarify I am optimistic that being fully human and fully alive involves love and compassion. I live a religious life btw.

Upvote 0

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I am familiar with the story. Rich or not, I would have helped Lazarus; not because of Godly type love, but because of my (atheist type) love for my fellow man

Ken

I can understand how one could love their fellow man in spite of not believing in a Creator. I don't see how believing there is no Creator would cause anyone to love their fellow man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can understand how one could love their fellow man in spite of not believing in a Creator. I don't see how believing there is no Creator would cause anyone to love their fellow man.
It doesn't. Being an atheist doesn't cause you to love, hate, or anything else; it is just an opinion on a particular issue.

Ken

Upvote 0