• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Psychotic or spiritual attack?

love 4

Dec 17, 2011
wv
✟10,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw the pdoc. He's changing my meds from Risperidone to abilify. I hate changing meds. I hate me.
god didnt give you a flesh now matter how good it is,how bad it is,how distroyed it is or how not distroyed it is and bring you to min for you to give up and hate who you are..Neal down and pray for about 3 hours and talk to god..let god know that you need him..Ask god to give you wisdom and knowledge and what you are going threw...Get some holy water like it our not just in case its evil spirits..its always good to have it..God gave us holy water to bless ourselves or for the priest to bless us.. i cant believe my email isnt working to get to you...lol..ill keep trying..Dont you give up..and dont hate yourself..

If yoiu feel you hate your self that much,change it...change your diet,talk with your doctor about your meds,get holy water and use it...and fast in prayer if you can..If you cant fast then pray hard for 3 hours...let me know what happens ill try to figure out whats going on with the pm.

We love you and most important god loves you..god bless you in every way..amen:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Even if you can't pray for 3 hours, just pray when you can! We often forget to pray throughout our daily lives. This can be so beneficial. For a depressed person, praying 3 hours can seem like the greatest struggle in the world...but it can be done in bed, so that's a big plus!

Upvote 0

Dianna_Child of God

He is my All in All
Sep 8, 2011
✟17,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I pray the new med works great.
Sitting and praying for 3 hours is way more than I think anyone would do. Yes we should pray all the time,without ceasing. But 3 hours a time seems extreme. I ramble a lot to God, he is my Father, he is everything to me. I talk to him a lot when walking around taking care of the house. Not sure if when starting a new med is a good idea to fast then.

Upvote 0

love 4

Dec 17, 2011
wv
✟10,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I pray the new med works great.
Sitting and praying for 3 hours is way more than I think anyone would do. Yes we should pray all the time,without ceasing. But 3 hours a time seems extreme. I ramble a lot to God, he is my Father, he is everything to me. I talk to him a lot when walking around taking care of the house. Not sure if when starting a new med is a good idea to fast then.
ithree hours of prayer or fasting if you can do it is the best way to get GOd...I have done this in the past and got a answer in 1 week...talking to god all day long is great but do not expect a miracle in that way..If you need a miracle then you have to really communicate..Not just talk here and ther or all day long..GOd requires fasting it is in the bible..If you can do it..

Not easy for all including my self..Thats why if i can pray for 3 hours in get into the spiritual connection with our lord...Thats is why you should at least try to pray for that long...

If you can not do this do not be down on yourself what so ever..Do what you can...Just telling ya what i know..thats the way to get to God...but he will hear you he will just come quicker that way...

Talk to god threw out the day to bring yourself closer to him, he may not answer your prayers or he may...But i find talking to god threw out the day not only makes you feel better in side your heart and soul but brings you closer to him....

To get a answer to prayer..fasting is the best..but no all can do it...do only what you can...god will help with the rest..Good luck...and god bless

Upvote 0

love 4

Dec 17, 2011
wv
✟10,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even if you can't pray for 3 hours, just pray when you can! We often forget to pray throughout our daily lives. This can be so beneficial. For a depressed person, praying 3 hours can seem like the greatest struggle in the world...but it can be done in bed, so that's a big plus!
I totally agree with you..amen and praise the lord...god bless:clap:

Upvote 0

Dianna_Child of God

He is my All in All
Sep 8, 2011
✟17,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ithree hours of prayer or fasting if you can do it is the best way to get GOd...I have done this in the past and got a answer in 1 week...talking to god all day long is great but do not expect a miracle in that way..If you need a miracle then you have to really communicate..Not just talk here and ther or all day long..GOd requires fasting it is in the bible..If you can do it..

Not easy for all including my self..Thats why if i can pray for 3 hours in get into the spiritual connection with our lord...Thats is why you should at least try to pray for that long...

If you can not do this do not be down on yourself what so ever..Do what you can...Just telling ya what i know..thats the way to get to God...but he will hear you he will just come quicker that way...

Talk to god threw out the day to bring yourself closer to him, he may not answer your prayers or he may...But i find talking to god threw out the day not only makes you feel better in side your heart and soul but brings you closer to him....

To get a answer to prayer..fasting is the best..but no all can do it...do only what you can...god will help with the rest..Good luck...and god bless

God does not require fasting. It is something good, profitable, and beneficial. We do not have to fast.

I pray a lot. I am getting answers after answers, blessings after blessings. There is no set time for God to answer. God answers in his time, in his way.

I am not sure why you are telling me to have good luck. That makes no sense. Please do not judge my relationship to God based on yours. I do not know what is in your heart, you do not know what is in mine.

Guess I am not the Christian you are because I do not fast(which we are not to boast about) and I don't sit for 3 hours at a time and pray and that does not stop God from answering me one bit.

There is not only way one to be close to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Perhaps Today

A Light In The Black
Sep 18, 2009
Michigan
✟15,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel so awful. Bad things have been happening and I can't cope. I hear you guys about praying. I can't even pray 5 minutes. I'm a mess. I'm pretty close to suicidal. I can barely function. I'm a mess. Things aren't getting better. They're getting worse. I'm a horrible failure. Horrible. I can't see straight. I can't live like this.

Praying for you. :prayer:

Upvote 0
M

mum24

I'm turning into another person entirely. I have no family. I have no friends. I have no life to tie me to this earth. I am going to die. It's inevitable. And no one cares or takes me seriously. They all have their "timed appointments" and I have to fit into that. Well, they let me go and I'm not going home. Or maybe I am. I'm not thinking straight. I'm not coping. I can't deal. They gave me extra meds to calm me. Ha. As if that will help. I'm hopeless. Absolutely hopeless.

Upvote 0

love 4

Dec 17, 2011
wv
✟10,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
first of all mum..did you ever get my email//i ent you 2 of them for real..also you cant think this way so matter how hard it is..Pray like i said for at least 3 hours..dont be hopeless mum..we are praying for you and trying to help you..did you get the holy water???just wondering..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

mum24

I was in crisis yesterday again at my appt so my therapist called in my pdoc and he gave me more meds and made me take them on the spot. I took them all as prescribed last night but I am resentful of them because they make me so so tired and brain foggy and gave me orthostatic hypotension too. I hate drugs and just want to come off them all. I know having energy I'm using it for bad and I'm in a horrible state but I'm angry at being drugged down.
Yes I got your pms love 4. I can't pray that long. I can't hardly pray 5 minutes. And I don't have holy water. I think that you may be right though that a demon or something has taken over my mind. But I can't tell anyone that cuz then they'll really drug me.
I think I may just stop taking my meds. They are not in the clinic today or over the holidays to tell me otherwise anyway.

Upvote 0
K

koshka

hi mum24, I'm sorry to hear of your struggles with illness. I have been praying for you and would encourage you to rest as best you can and try to just take things a day at a time. I can relate to how difficult it can be having psychosis, having been in that place. I hear what you are saying about finding it difficult to pray but would encourage you to even just call on Jesus for help and reassurance - it doesn't have to be a long prayer - or even whispering his name. I also used to find it comforting to have a teddy when I was struggling so that might be helpful too.

Feel free to pm me if you want to ask anything or talk. It's one in the morning where I am so I am going to bed but will be around tomorrow.

God bless.

Upvote 0
C

Christownsme

mum24,
Dear child of God, because that's who you are, God holds you in the palm of His hand. Have you read Mark chapter 5? It gives some explanation to what's going on spiritually. Please hold on. These diseases have phases. Even though I have bipolar schizoaffective, I'm not very sure how to respond, except in love. Life has placed a lot of fear in you through this disease. It placed a lot of fear in me, too. The diseases traumatizes us. You are very strong, you are adored by God, honored, and loved by Him.

Father,
Why must there be this kind of suffering in the world? This dear child has given allegiance to you as you are understood. What more can be done? Father, in your unconditional love, I know you accept mum24. Heal and make whole this dear child, in your time. In the meantime, keep mum24 safe and protected. In Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0
M

mum24

Thank you love 4, koshka and Christownsme. I really appreciate that prayer you wrote christownsme and the offer to talk koshka. It makes me want to cry. I'm not doing so good. I am angry and sad and all worked up today. I feel like I could run and run. My head is lying to me and I'm listening. I hear them telling me my family is better off without me. I feel guilty about everything. I know logically, somewhere that this I'd untrue. I know I should be taking my prn meds. I don't know what's wrong with me. I suck. I feel like I'm going to be abandoned and I feel like I can't live my life. I'm scared. I feel like a failure. All lies? They must be. My head is so messed up. I'm sitting in my car which is what I always do to escape. I want out of my head.

Upvote 0