Pseudogenes problematic for evolution

http://naturalselection.0catch.com/Files/Pseudogenes.html

The persistence of pseudogenes [over 70-80 million years] is in itself evidence for their activity. This is a serious problem for evolution, as it is expected that natural selection would remove this type of DNA if it were useless, since DNA manufactured by the cell is energetically costly. Because of the lack of selective pressure on this neutral DNA, one would expect that ‘old’ pseudogenes would be scrambled beyond recognition as a result of accumulated random mutations. Moreover, a removal mechanism for neutral DNA is now known.6

Given this, it is not known if all of what are currently thought of as pseudogenes have absolutely no function. In fact, some pseudogenes are believed to function as sources of information for producing genetic diversity. It is thought that partial pseudogenes are copied into functional genes during genetic recombination, producing variants of the functional gene. This phenomenon has been reported many times to include immunoglobulins of mice and birds, mouse histone genes, horse globin genes, and human beta globin genes. It is not known if this could be a possible role for the eta globin gene as well. However, the fact that the eta globin pseudogene is located between the fetal and adult genes suggests that it could play a role in gene switching… and there seems to be some preliminary evidence to this effect although the eta gene sequence’s part in this is still unknown.

MSBS

Jul 29, 2002
California
✟10,591.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
ROFLMAO.....So let me get this straight. Your argument is that psuedogenes disprove evolution because evolution would remove them if they didn't have a function, thus they have a function and therefore evolution is false????

My dog can't even chase his tail that well.

Upvote 0

LMAO.. pseudogenes are "energetically costly"...

All those amino acids that they don't bind into proteins must require a buncha energy to avoid not having to be replaced..

(Hi again everyone! -- I'm not back.. just couldn't pass this up.. I might throw in a comment from the 'peanut gallery' every once in a while, but I've decided life is too much worth living, and family too much worth spending it with to become a forum-head again)...

Upvote 0