Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Karin12414 's comment on another thread brought me to think about Psalm 111:

111 Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.

2 The works of the Lord are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.

3 His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

4 He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the Lord is gracious and full of compassion.

5 He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.

6 He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.

7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

9 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Goldy fear and reverence are very wholesome for the believer.

Verse 9 shows that Godly fear and reverence are all tied up with the believer's appreciation and link with the Name of the Lord.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
@Karin12414 's comment on another thread brought me to think about Psalm 111:

111 Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.

2 The works of the Lord are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.

3 His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

4 He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the Lord is gracious and full of compassion.

5 He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.

6 He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.

7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

9 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Goldy fear and reverence are very wholesome for the believer.

Verse 9 shows that Godly fear and reverence are all tied up with the believer's appreciation and link with the Name of the Lord.

For me I remember the day I was saved (not terribly long ago) and my heart was so overflowing with God's praise. .

I got into praise and worship music when I was home alone and spent most of my days at first hands to God crying tears of joy His praise on my lips.

Our first love...

These passages bring that to mind. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For me I remember the day I was saved (not terribly long ago) and my heart was so overflowing with God's praise. .

I got into praise and worship music when I was home alone and spent most of my days at first hands to God crying tears of joy His praise on my lips.

Our first love...

These passages bring that to mind. :)
Thanks, friend! :)

For my wife and me being in the Lord's presence together is a joy.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0