✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
SUNSTONE said:
But I really don't think parents were buying the 400$ systems. Because all over the forums stores were getting almost nothing but the 300$ systems. But I think there was a TON of inside jobs on these systems, where managers were hooking up friends and family with the 400$ systems.

They probably weren't simply because they didn't know the difference. I'd be willing to bet that if 360 only had the $400 version, parents would have bought that, and since the cheaper of the PS3 versions is $500, I bet they'll pay that too. And we wonder why so many of todays kids are spoiled brats...

Upvote 0

SuYen

Mar 30, 2006
Canada, Ontario
✟15,216.00
Faith
Christian
SUNSTONE said:
Sony is in trouble on this machine, and it's mostly because of their price and what the competition is offering.

The PS3 is an adult machine, you won't find too many kids sporting this thing.

haha good stuff.. Thats one reason why its expensive. Anyways yea the price maybe make their sales go slow for a while but when it goes to half price after im sure it will go wild.

And im sure theres lots of rich people out there and hardcore fans that will buy it right away.

Upvote 0

ffman

Jul 23, 2005
✟690.00
Faith
Christian
SUNSTONE said:
I agree that "in time" the PS3 will have some good sales, with the combination of system and Blue-Ray.
Assuming that Blue Ray by itself won't drop down to the 200$ range by then(safe assumption).

But I really don't think parents were buying the 400$ systems. Because all over the forums stores were getting almost nothing but the 300$ systems. But I think there was a TON of inside jobs on these systems, where managers were hooking up friends and family with the 400$ systems.
Bad price on the PS3. It will probably be the best for one genre of game (RPGs), but no way I'm paying $500-600 for one. If I get one, I'll most likely be picking up the Revolution ($250). Good price, in my opinion.

Upvote 0

WhirlwindMonk

D Knight - Master of Zefiris
Mar 6, 2005
A little city in Micigan during breaks and Grove C
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ffman said:
Bad price on the PS3. It will probably be the best for one genre of game (RPGs), but no way I'm paying $500-600 for one. If I get one, I'll most likely be picking up the Revolution ($250). Good price, in my opinion.

Is the revolution's price official now?

Upvote 0

ravendta

Oct 26, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟9,449.00
Faith
Christian
RichardE said:
Please everyone, I invite everyone to come round and play on my small Wii. I've pre ordered the PS3 425 pounds! Ah well. It will be here Nov 17th, I'm sure.

OK, first of all, please don't invite me to play with your small Wii. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Second, I don't plan on carrying my PS3 around while I play it, so I don't care how heavy it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WhirlwindMonk

Mar 6, 2005
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
RichardE said:
Hehehehe I couldent help myself that Wii joke has been going around like wild fire. Yea but the weight does not matter to me, let's reamember that the PS3 will wiegh the most. As it is really a supercomputer and less a console.

You do realize that by 425 pounds, he means the british currency, right? Though, the 360 is pretty heavy, and the xbox weighed a ton.... But whatever. As long as it doesn't break the shelf it sits on, who cares what it weighs?

Upvote 0

JeremiahDaBomb

Nov 28, 2003
US
✟15,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I personally think the Wii's going to be another Nintendo console joke :D *Chants* "We're number three! We're number three!"
And why would you care if the PS3 was a little heavy? As someone pointed out, it's not like you're going to be constantly carrying it around :|

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JeremiahDaBomb

Nov 28, 2003
US
✟15,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
^I somewhat agree with you. The wii may very well outsell the PS3 in total units sold soley because of the price difference. But the Wii will still be what every other nintendo console has been. The number one choice for kiddos ;) As someone on another forum pointed out, "The Wii looks like it just wants to play, while the PS3 looks like it wants to devour your soul" :D
This machine is a power house, no one can argue that. Yes, the PS3 may not have the most units sold, but no one can argue that it IS the most powerful system :)
So I'm getting the best :p

Upvote 0

WhirlwindMonk

Mar 6, 2005
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0