Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It was God who instructed Noah to build the boat and God gave the size of the boat and the kind of wood to use and to waterproof it with tar, inside and outside.
You lost me on this one, chief.

I'm not sure what point you're making.

Are you saying the Ark wasn't a miracle?

If you believe that, then test it yourself.

Go get some wood, build a small box, and try to keep the box together with just glue.

No nails, no screws, no nothing -- just glue.

Then put it in a swimming pool, dive off the diving board, and "cannon ball" next to it.

See if it's still in one piece when you're done.

No, my friend, the Ark was a miracle.

And for the record, I believe there were nine people on the Ark -- not eight.

Daniel 3:24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
Daniel 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Most of the time someone mentions a Creationists book or Creationists site evolutionists just poo poo it and say it has no value and it's point are not valid because it's Creationists.

Have you ever read some of those creationist sites? They're usually pretty bad.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL! Talk about crucifying. They want to teach it in public schools--any smart AP biology students will do the job.
Because their prime directive is: NO BIBLE ALLOWED?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know what that genetics book is going to say, but I bet they will talk about evolution. So it's an evolution book because they believe in it. Even though there is no evidence of evolution from a common ancestor. It's assumed.

That simply isn't true. There is an enormous amount of evidence for common ancestry. Some wish to remain ignorant of it, some will hand wave it away, but it is real and there is lots of it.

How many evilutionists read those books you mentioned?

How about we have a discussion without flaming?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, because creationism is religion ...
Either that, or it's history.

Calling creationism a religion, then saying it doesn't belong in school, is like calling some people "slaves," then saying they don't belong at the voting booth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, because the Prime Directive is: NO MYTHOLOGY ALLOWED.
I see.

By using such a broad term, then it's simply a matter of calling something MYTHOLOGY, and it's instantly banned.

Smart thinking.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I see.

By using such a broad term, then it's simply a matter of calling something MYTHOLOGY, and it's instantly banned.

Smart thinking.

Of course, science science is a search for truth, something has to actually be mythology before the term gets brought out.

I understand you don't suffer from that limitation.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Either that, or it's history.

Calling creationism a religion, then saying it doesn't belong in school, is like calling some people "slaves," then saying they don't belong at the voting booth.

Funny how Christians used to do that.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You lost me on this one, chief.

I'm not sure what point you're making.

Are you saying the Ark wasn't a miracle?

If you believe that, then test it yourself.

Go get some wood, build a small box, and try to keep the box together with just glue.

No nails, no screws, no nothing -- just glue.

Then put it in a swimming pool, dive off the diving board, and "cannon ball" next to it.

See if it's still in one piece when you're done.

No, my friend, the Ark was a miracle.

And for the record, I believe there were nine people on the Ark -- not eight.

Daniel 3:24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
Daniel 3:25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Firstly, the Scriptures that you try to prove there are 9 people on the Ark are your spiritualised speculation and forced interpretation when Genesis 6-7 specifically states that,

13 That very day Noah had gone into the boat with his wife and his sons—Shem, Ham, and Japheth—and their wives. 14 With them in the boat were pairs of every kind of animal—domestic and wild, large and small—along with birds of every kind (Gen 7:13-14).​

This point of 8 people being on the Ark is confirmed in 1 Peter 3: 18-20 (NLT):

18 Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit."

19 So he went and preached to the spirits in prison— 20 those who disobeyed God long ago when God waited patiently while Noah was building his boat. Only eight people were saved from drowning in that terrible flood.​

My points were:
  1. God told Noah what kind and size of Ark to build. This was the Almighty God's instruction.
  2. It took a supernatural act to bring all that water. It was more than rain for 40 days and 40 nights, but also 'all the underground waters erupted from the earth' (Gen 7:11 NLT).
When God tells a righteous man, Noah, how he is going to judge the world and what Noah and his family's role was, we had better take notice. But that won't happen if one's worldview is against the God who performs miracles.

Oz

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When God tells a righteous man, Noah, how he is going to judge the world and what Noah and his family's role was, we had better take notice. But that won't happen if one's worldview is against the God who performs miracles.
No argument there.

Why are we even discussing this?

It seems I said the Ark was a miracle, and it appears you're disagreeing.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Goading is against the rules. You should report them.

In the meantime, how about you respond to my post?

But you did it to me in #6045: 'So you'd have no problem presenting that evidence? The remainder of your post would seem to demonstrate that you actually have nothing and this is all bluster'.

Yes, goading is against the rules, but you don't practise what you preach.

upload_2017-12-22_11-37-10.jpeg

Oz

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
No argument there.

Why are we even discussing this?

It seems I said the Ark was a miracle, and it appears you're disagreeing.

AV,

I provided biblical evidence in support of your statement that the Ark and the Flood were miraculous events.

I wonder why there are so many fossils around the world when God wiped out ALL except those on the Ark.

Oz

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And I have a feeling they wouldn't recognize the Truth if the Truth paid them a visit in person.

Your feelings are noted... they change nothing, but they are noted.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.