Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Embedded age is "maturity without history."

Let me quote from Adam Clarke's Commentary:

If you believe in this, why don't you keep it to the thread on CF.com, "Embedded Age" and Why it's Wrong, to which you have contributed.

Seems to me that this is a view for YEC to squeeze the 'old age' of fossils into a young earth paradigm.

• Agree
Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Let me quote from Adam Clarke's Commentary:

That's not providing evidence. That's providing an exposition to try to bolster your theory of YEC.

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you understood it, you would provide some.
I've provided plenty already - in fact, quite a number of people have given you the very evidence that's actually being applied meaningfully in real situations that are yielding reliable and beneficial results - but you either don't understand it or ignore it altogether and claim you haven't been given any.

Perhaps we should take a different tact and have a conversation so you can see how science works and how we test theories to hone in on what is most likely true or probable. See, the thing is - you have a presupposition that your God is real and the thousands of other Gods aren't - and therefore you don't want to accept evidence that contradicts your particular belief of your God. If you can put that aside and understand how scientists of all faiths (including Christianity), and of no faith at all, have been able to come to the findings about reality they have, and practically apply it, perhaps this would at least give you an understanding of why your position isn't adopted by anyone in the scientific field.

Would you be willing to do that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Evidence for natural selection? And you’ve taken 3 college courses you say? What exactly were they teaching you, the “law of genetics”?

I don't answer questions until the person asking has answered mine. Provide the evidence for natural selection and I will answer your questions.

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
...but the problem is that the earth and universe has history - and Gobs of it. Why include all that History if there wasn't any?

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I've provided plenty already - in fact, quite a number of people have given you the very evidence that's actually being applied meaningfully in real situations that are yielding reliable and beneficial results - but you either don't understand it or ignore it altogether and claim you haven't been given any.

Perhaps we should take a different tact and have a conversation so you can see how science works and how we test theories to hone in on what is most likely true or probable. See, the thing is - you have a presupposition that your God is real and the thousands of other Gods aren't - and therefore you don't want to accept evidence that contradicts your particular belief of your God. If you can put that aside and understand how scientists of all faiths (including Christianity), and of no faith at all, have been able to come to the findings about reality they have, and practically apply it.

Would you be willing to do that?

At the same time, are you prepared to lay aside your atheistic presuppositions so that we can have an open discussion on science and how it interacts with all faiths, including your faith/beliefs of atheism?

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
At the same time, are you prepared to lay aside your atheistic presuppositions so that we can have an open discussion on science and how it interacts with all faiths, including your faith/beliefs of atheism?
Absolutely.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Not bothered by the fact you could be spreading falsehoods and misrepresting people? Nice.

Not bothered by the FACT you have not proved what I say is false. Nice

Can’t be bothered to spend two minutes looking for the actual passage to check?

Not bothered by the FACT that you are not willing to cut and paste what you consider evidence to shut me up forever. Nice

Each to his own I suppose. I wouldn’t want to behave in such a way but then I’m only an atheist.

You are acting exactly in the same way you are accusing me of acting. nice

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think that the ERV evidence is verifiable. I think the fact that you have continually failed to acknowledge it is testament to your dishonesty.

Then verify it with more than words.

So anyone who disagrees with you is dishonest? Not nice.

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't answer questions until the person asking has answered mine. Provide the evidence for natural selection and I will answer your questions.
Dude! You still haven't addressed my repeated posts of evidence regarding Natural Selection! Why don't you start there?

proving evolution as just a "theory"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then verify it with more than words.

So anyone who disagrees with you is dishonest? Not nice.
Anyone who continually ignores or plays dumb with the evidence they''re shown is dishonest, yes.

Reactions: doubtingmerle
Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely.
Curious as I keep re-reading this in anticipation, what presupposition would I hold? and what does "faith/belief of atheism" entail?? What would 'no' faith/belief in atheism look like??

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you believe in this, why don't you keep it to the thread on CF.com, "Embedded Age" and Why it's Wrong, to which you have contributed.
As I understand it, necroing a thread is considered improper Netiquette.
OzSpen said:
Seems to me that this is a view for YEC to squeeze the 'old age' of fossils into a young earth paradigm.
I don't consider myself a YEC.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Anyone who continually ignores or plays dumb with the evidence they''re shown is dishonest, yes.

Anyone who presents opinions as evidence is either dishonest or ignorant of science. It is telling that all of you evos, complain about what I say, but are not willing to take 5 minuets to cut and paste the evidence from a link you use.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's not providing evidence.
Have you seen my Apple Challenge, which causes even the most educated here to avoid admitting that creationism didn't generate any evidence?
OzSpen said:
That's providing an exposition to try to bolster your theory of YEC.
I'm not a YEC. My pastors are, but I am not. I consider myself, for lack of a better term, an Embedded Age Creationist.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why include all that History if there wasn't any?
Good question! I don't include it.

History, if it disagrees with the Bible, can take a hike.

• Winner
Reactions: Danoded
Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Anyone who presents opinions as evidence is either dishonest or ignorant of science. It is telling that all of you evos, complain about what I say, but are not willing to take 5 minuets to cut and paste the evidence from a link you use.
Except everyone who is a scientists and works in these fields who works with these 'opinions' and producing actual usable results with them fly in the face of your rhetoric.
I have told everyone that I no longer read links and why.

Cut and paste the evidence or it is time to move on.
You still haven't addressed the Scientific Research I've long given up on reposting for you in any fashion, let alone the 'cut and pasting' you keep ignoring - Put your money where your mouth is and get to refuting it with something substantial. Your whiney excuses don't amount to a refutation of any kind.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
Except everyone who is a scientists and works in these fields who works with these 'opinions' and producing actual usable results with them fly in the face of your rhetoric.

You still haven't addressed the Scientific Research I've long given up on reposting for you in any fashion, let alone the 'cut and pasting' you keep ignoring - Put your money where your mouth is and get to refuting it with something substantial.

Cut and paste what you consider evidence or it is time to more on. Have a very + day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.