Prosperity gospel, the wrong motivation?

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe he just wants to cause aggravation. He sure doesnt seem interested in proving his assertions, just making them.
I apologize for the aggravations I've cause you. If you like, I can delete the posts.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I apologize for the aggravations I've cause you. If you like, I can delete the posts.
Its not what you said, its what you dont say. But you already know that im sure. You cherry pick scripture and expect us to consider it, but when we ask you about another scripture you dont consider it, you just blow it off. Its a one way street with you, your way.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Discussing scripture is edifying. Try that
Its hard to get through to someone immersed in that mindset, since many of them see modern day Apostles In their churches, modern day revelations, so are locked into seeing things from that viewpoint!

• Informative
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe he just wants to cause aggravation. He sure doesnt seem interested in proving his assertions, just making them.
Those into the WoF/prosperity many times see themselves as possessing higher knowledge that their modern day Apostles gave forth in revelations!

• Informative
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont think its cheesy. Paul said to meditate on what is praiseworthy. Wouldn't that include meditating on what God has done for us?
Include is fine but what I see these days is it is all about what God does for us. The greatest commandment is love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. What I see in the church these days is not that but its about what God can do for you. Surely it should be about loving god and what you can do for Him.

• Agree
Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Include is fine but what I see these days is it is all about what God does for us. The greatest commandment is love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength. What I see in the church these days is not that but its about what God can do for you. Surely it should be about loving god and what you can do for Him.
We exist to serve God and obey Him, not for Him to serve and obey us!

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full."

Is it ok, too, to obey this command? Or must I follow extra rules inserted by man concerning when to ask, what to ask for, how to ask and why I ask?

"And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight."
Is it ok to believe this, or did the saviour leave out some important steps which I must hear and learn from man?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full."

Is it ok, too, to obey this command? Or must I follow extra rules inserted by man concerning when to ask, what to ask for, how to ask and why I ask?

"And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight."
Is it ok to believe this, or did the saviour leave out something important steps which I must hear and learn from man?
Again Jesus said not to store wealth on earth. Why dont you obey that command?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again Jesus said not to store wealth on earth. Why dont you obey that command?
I do not view material possessions as wealth. I quoted the words of Jesus and you speak as if I spoke blasphemous words from my own thoughts.

I believe all commands are to be followed......and must be.....BUT, here is what the Savior states will happen once you Follow them:

""And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight."

Therefore, If we keep his commandments.....we receive WHATSOEVER we ask for.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not view material possessions as wealth.
Jesus said moths and rust would destroy our wealth. Gold doesnt rust, iron does, and moths dont eat gold either. Moths and rust destroy material things. You are in denial.

Matthew 6:19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said moths and rust would destroy our wealth. Gold doesnt rust, iron does, and moths dont eat gold either. Moths and rust destroy material things. You are in denial.

Matthew 6:19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Have you heard that term, health is wealth? Many believe this.....are you saying that moths and rust with destroy their health?

I said nothing about money, cars and clothes....but if that is wealth to you.. then this is ok....stay away from it, if you so desire to. But know that not everyone judges wealth by the amount of money or possessions one has.

The whole bible is true.....not just the verses that you agree with. The verses I quote are true as well.

If you tell us that the verses I quote are not true, how can we trust your verses or any of the bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you heard that term, health is wealth? Many believe this.....are you saying that moths and rust with destroy their health?

I said nothing about money, cars and clothes....but if that is wealth to you.. then this is ok....stay away from it, if you so desire to. But know that not everyone judges wealth by the amount of money or possessions one has.

The whole bible is true.....not just the verses that you agree with. The verses I quote are true as well.

If you tell us that the verses I quote are not true, how can we trust your verses or any of the bible?
See here is the problem, we are defining what Christ meant in Matthew 6, not what you want it to say. We are discussing scripture not your words

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
See here is the problem, we are defining what Christ meant in Matthew 6, not what you want it to say. We are discussing scripture not your words
Some of the best saints have suffered in ill health, for the cause of Christ!

Upvote 0