Prophets saying, "Jesus told them about the Rapture".

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so shocked at the number of people who claim prophetic ability claiming Jesus gave them some form of revelation about the rapture. When the fact is the rapture is not supported in scripture. To me, this is a warning bell. The church needs to be prepared for suffering, not candy-coated.

Paul, Jesus, and Daniel, and John all prophecy persecution of Christians and the arrival of the man of sin before his coming.

1. Persecution of Christians (Mat 24:9-13, Rev 13:7-10, Dan 11:33-35)
  2. Man of Sin (Mat 24:15-21, Daniel 11:36-39, Rev 14:4-6, 2 Th 2:1-8)
2Th 2:1-8 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5

Proving all things can include:
-check it against Scripture (Acts 17:11),
-ask for confirmation (Matt 18:16; Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1)
-fasting and praying, (Judges 20:26-27)
-spiritual discernment, (Gal 2:9)
-does it point to Yeshua, (Rev 19:10)
-receive G_dly counsel (Prov 11:14).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

camipls

Nov 7, 2023
Buenos Aires
✟1,312.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  1. Matthew 24:40 — Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.
  2. Luke 17:34 — I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left.
  3. Revelation 3:10 — Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.
  4. 1 Corinthians 15:52 — In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
  5. 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 — Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.
  6. 2 Peter 3:10 — But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

The rapture is biblical. The scripture describes two ways in which Jesus will return. First, like a "thief, in the blink of an eye", and then, in a way that everyone will see him in the clouds, every eye will witness his return. First before the tribulation, to take the church out of it, and then after, where the remanent will be on earth.

There are no more prophets in our time. The bible has already been finished, and all the prophecies are there. If anyone calls themselves a "prophet", that's a lie, God has no new revelations to show his people. HOWEVER, he can show people things that are already written, things that you can confirm with scripture — not with the purpose of revealing something new, but with the intention of raising our spirituality and understanding of his word and his plan for humankind.

As long as we live on this earth, we will have suffering — but the great tribulation is a completely different thing, one that God intends to save us from because there is simply no way that the antichrist will rule while the church is still on earth, he wouldn't be able to, that's why he hasn't appeared yet. The church needs to be out of his way for the devil to take full control of the world and operate freely over the nations. I am a huge believer of the rapture, I have studied Revelations quite a lot over the years, and some things were unclear until I saw the world moving forward, the prophecies being fulfilled, then you gain more understanding over verses you probably couldn't understand.

I have also had dreams about the tribulation, and I know they were real.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  1. Matthew 24:40 — Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.
  2. Luke 17:34 — I tell you, on that night there will be two in one bed; one will be taken and the other will be left.

These passages come directly after Jesus explains that we will suffer tribulation. Both passages tell us to "run" to get away from the man of sin.

Mat 24:9-30 "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."Therefore when you see the 'ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand), "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened. "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand. "Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together. "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Luk 17:31 "In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back.

This is because the man of sin according to Paul has to be revealed first.

2Th 2:3-4 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Everywhere where this man is mentioned attack on Christians occurs.

[*]Revelation 3:10 — Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

Jesus said to run to "safety" so he can still keep a person safe without the rapture while fulfilling His purpose to have some share in His sufferings.

[*]1 Corinthians 15:52 — In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
[*]1 Corinthians 15:51-53 — Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality.

The first resurrection of the dead does not happen according to scripture until after the anti-Christ.

Rev 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Upvote 0

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so shocked at the number of people who claim prophetic ability claiming Jesus gave them some form of revelation about the rapture. When the fact is the rapture is not supported in scripture. To me, this is a warning bell. The church needs to be prepared for suffering, not candy-coated.

Paul, Jesus, and Daniel, and John all prophecy persecution of Christians and the arrival of the man of sin before his coming.

2Th 2:1-8 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.
The word rapture is a word meaning the samething that Paul when we shall be caught up. It’s just a word.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,955.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so shocked at the number of people who claim prophetic ability claiming Jesus gave them some form of revelation about the rapture.
As this is in the "Spiritual gifts" section of the forum, are you doubting the rapture, or the gift of prophecy?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm a big believer in the rapture too...just not pretrib.
Tell me what it is that which restrains? I believe He is the Holy Spirit and He is resident within Christians.
The great falling away is happening right now
Some of the prophecies people refer to in Matthew 24 were fulfilled when Rome destroyed Israel in ~ AD 135.
Christians are being persecuted to an unprecedented degree right now. And this has spread to supposedly Christian nations such as Britain.

While Christians remain on the earth, God answers their prayers. When the church is caught up to heaven, Satan gets free rein to do as he pleases. Woe to the people of the earth in those days. Christians need to be sure that they are walking right with God. There is some reason to believe that some will be left behind, those who have not surrendered fully to the Lordship of Christ. The tribulation period will encourage them to quit playing games with God and get real.

• Informative
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As this is in the "Spiritual gifts" section of the forum, are you doubting the rapture, or the gift of prophecy?
I am against those who claim to be prophets while presenting false ideas, in my opinion whenever a person claims God told them of the rapture, to me it shows they are not hearing from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tell me what it is that which restrains? I believe He is the Holy Spirit and He is resident within Christians.
The great falling away is happening right now
Some of the prophecies people refer to in Matthew 24 were fulfilled when Rome destroyed Israel in ~ AD 135.
Christians are being persecuted to an unprecedented degree right now. And this has spread to supposedly Christian nations such as Britain.

While Christians remain on the earth, God answers their prayers. When the church is caught up to heaven, Satan gets free rein to do as he pleases. Woe to the people of the earth in those days. Christians need to be sure that they are walking right with God. There is some reason to believe that some will be left behind, those who have not surrendered fully to the Lordship of Christ. The tribulation period will encourage them to quit playing games with God and get real.
If you read that scripture properly, you will see Paul says the man of sin must be revealed before the coming of Christ. He said there would be no gathering together to Christ until the man of sin has been revealed.

Every part of the Bible that speaks of the man of sin Daniel, Revelation, and the Gospels all speak of the persecution of the church at his hands. The Early Church Fathers also speak of him persecuting the church. It is a fanciable idea to think the church will be whisked away from trial. The Early Church was thrown to the lions, and burned on stakes. Do not think that God's plan is devoid of suffering. Jesus has a set number that He desires to suffer similarly to Him (Rev 6:11).

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,373.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do know that prophets don't run the words they're given by their personal filters beforehand. It's something that's learned.

From Acts 9, we can see an example of when there's a clash between what God said entered into Paul's paradigms. Then he was able to progress in the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I can see how you would be 'shocked', since you don't believe in the rapture.
What you are being told runs against what you personally believe.

... But for those that do believe in the rapture? I do not think they would be shocked at all by such revelations.

:blush:

Upvote 0

John Lamb

Jan 2, 2024
Douglas IOM
✟2,851.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

2Th 2:1-8 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means
I‘m not a prophet but have received personal revelation that confirms the established future prophecy as described in the Bible. The rapture is clearly stated in scripture. I have been watching the signs as commanded by Christ in the Olivet discourse, for all Christians to do, for the past few years. Genuine Christians won’t go through and suffer the Tribulation, they will be raptured and escape God’s wrath.
Unfortuantely there are many deceivers in the world, Christians should be aware of this and only watch the signs the Lord taught us to be concerned with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
"Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5

Proving all things can include:
-check it against Scripture (Acts 17:11),
-ask for confirmation (Matt 18:16; Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1)
-fasting and praying, (Judges 20:26-27)
-spiritual discernment, (Gal 2:9)
-does it point to Yeshua, (Rev 19:10)
-receive G_dly counsel (Prov 11:14).
Treat every prophecy as false unless it is conclusively proved through Scripture. This is in accordance with what John said, "Believe not every spirit. but test the spirits whether they are of God. Even if a prophecy sounds "kosher" and a predictive one comes to pass, points to Jesus, doesn't mean that it is not false. The devil is very cunning with his counterfeits. Even spiritual discernment isn't a guarantee that one is not deceived by a false prophecy that sounds very true.

We have just heard that a prominent NAR prophet has been exposed as having a double life and that his intercessory prayer fellowship was set up to stalk vulnerable young female believers. Yet, for decades he was totally accepted as a real man of God and a sound doctrinal teacher. It is tragic that the thousands of prophecies he has given to churches and people have now been found to be false, but churches and believers have obeyed them and followed the directions given. Through the testimonies of many it is now coming out of the terrible harm that has resulted in these innocent people thinking they were hearing from God, but instead they were hearing from the devil through a false prophet.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Like me, he probably doubts the ones who claim to be prophets, but aren’t.
It is now being revealed that the majority of the Kansas City prophets are totally false and have caused immeasurable harm to thousands of innocent believers who thought they were hearing from God when all the time they were receiving a divination spirit through these false prophets.

Of course where there are false prophets, there are true ones, who point people to Jesus as the author and finisher of their faith, and Who is the edifier, comforter and encourager. They will not take over the role of the indwelling Holy Spirit to give personal direction, such as the false prophets telling elders to close their churches down, or that believers will be famous or wealthy, or the poor woman who lost her baby at birth because a prophet told her to have her baby at home rather than at the hospital.

False prophets will use the gift to manipulate believers to do what they want by adding "God told me" to their prophecies. Anyone who says "God told me to say this" should be treated with immediate suspicion, because it will certainly be a false, manipulative prophecy. God doesn't have to announce Himself in a prophetic word. The word itself, consistent with Scripture will prove to be prophetic in itself if it is true.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I had few dreams about the "rapture" so far.

But it wasn't good people who are being raptured.

It was the bad/evil people who are raptured, leaving the good people behind to inherit the Earth. The meek shall inherit the Earth after all.
This is not what Paul says in 1 and 2 Thessalonians. Because your dreams about rapture say that it was the bad/evil people who are raptured, your dreams are false because they are opposed to the Scripture.

Upvote 0