KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This may or may not be a good idea, but like all the other gifts that God gives, the prophetic gifting needs to be practiced in order to be better used. In my opinion, it is not that the gift gets any better with practice, but that the person practicing gets better and better at staying out of the way of the gift.

Therefore, lets try and step out here endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit.

I suppose the biblical model must be our model too, in that one person may offer up what they think is a word and it is to be judged by others. That will take a whole truck load of humility for the ones giving as well as the ones judging. For that reason I do not think it would be fair for people to judge without also stepping out and giving words to be judged, so that should be a rule then. If you give a word you must wait for it to be judged and you must judge another's word before you can give a word again. (And visa-versa).

If it becomes clear that other rules are helpful I will add them to this post and post a notice on the thread as well.

Finally, and most importantly, if the moderating staff feels that this is just a bad idea for peace and harmony to the forum, please delete this thread immediately and accept my apologies. I mean this purely for edification, exhortation, and comfort.

Reactions: KleinerApfel

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Well, when I just prayed for you KA, I sensed that the Holy Spirit was releasing peace in your life. That there have been situations surrounding you that have made you uneasy, but that the Holy Spirit is bringing you the peace of the Lord.

You have prayed about some situations and asked God to change them. You want them changed because they make you feel uncomfortable. However, God is going to release His peace on you, and the peace inside you will change the situation.

Sometimes you are concerned that you will miss God, this peace that is being released into your life - and is starting even now and will continue for the next season - will remove all doubt that you are not in the plan of God and that God will give you the ministry that you desire.

God wants you to know that He is not a tease. The desires and dreams He has given you are for you and you will walk in them. He has not given you dreams to taunt you but to encourage you. Some dreams you won't share because you think that they sound so far fetched.

A secret for you Ambassador, for that is how heaven knows you - as Ambassador - you haven't even seen one half of what the Lord has for you in your spirit.

With love,
|ZZ|

Upvote 0

KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, when I just prayed for you KA, I sensed that the Holy Spirit was releasing peace in your life. That there have been situations surrounding you that have made you uneasy, but that the Holy Spirit is bringing you the peace of the Lord.

You have prayed about some situations and asked God to change them. You want them changed because they make you feel uncomfortable. However, God is going to release His peace on you, and the peace inside you will change the situation.

Sometimes you are concerned that you will miss God, this peace that is being released into your life - and is starting even now and will continue for the next season - will remove all doubt that you are not in the plan of God and that God will give you the ministry that you desire.

God wants you to know that He is not a tease. The desires and dreams He has given you are for you and you will walk in them. He has not given you dreams to taunt you but to encourage you. Some dreams you won't share because you think that they sound so far fetched.

A secret for you Ambassador, for that is how heaven knows you - as Ambassador - you haven't even seen one half of what the Lord has for you in your spirit.

With love,
|ZZ|

I cannot tell you how spot on that was! It fit perfectly. So perfectly in fact, it made me cry. :)

I can see the heart of the Father all over it, it created a surge of hope in me, and so I say it was a wonderful exercise of the prophetic gift in you.

(As a side note, when I started the thread I was not expecting something so powerful. That was stunning! :thumbsup: )

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I would say this proposal negates the Biblicly sound principal that some maybe operating in discernment of spirits without given to prohecy. It is further doubtful that the practice of "over the internet " prophecies that could detrimentally effect peoples' lives without giving spiritual accountability is a good one.

Upvote 0

KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
KA I think this is a good idea. In fact maybe you could see if you could get it stickied?

I'm not real sure any of the moderators have looked it over yet. It could be that they would want to watch it a while first. It could be that they smoke it as soon as they spot it too! ;) :D

I did want to clarify a little bit. Just because we are practicing these specific things does not mean we can't have discussion going to. I think discussion in addition to giving words and biblically judging them will help us all to learn and use our gifts better.

For instance, Zzub gave a prophetic word and I gave a judgment of that word. We can all discuss those things all we want or feel is needful, but Zzub is not allowed to give another prophecy until he has directly judged somebody else's, and I cannot judge another word until I've stepped out and given a prophetic word myself.

Of course every since I started the thread I've been praying and praying and I'm gettin nothing, nada, zip! I think I have stage fright!! ;) :D :D

Upvote 0

KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say this proposal negates the Biblicly sound principal that some maybe operating in discernment of spirits without given to prohecy. It is further doubtful that the practice of "over the internet " prophecies that could detrimentally effect peoples' lives without giving spiritual accountability is a good one.

I understand what you are getting at Tas, but we are all called to discern and I believe we are all suppose to be seeking to prophesy:

1 Cor 14:29-32
29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. 30 But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent. 31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

1 Cor 14:39-40
39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues. 40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

Christina M

With love,
|ZZ|

Now THAT was an example of a WORD from the Lord.... instead of "Oh my people, draw near to Me. yada yada" that goes forth verbosely.... :(

This word is specific... to this person. Yes, others may receive from it, but it is not generic.

Awesome, ZZub!

Upvote 0
L

LogonLalein

With love,
|ZZ|
Technically this is not merely prophecy. This is word of knowledge being delivered via spirtual prophecy.
Word of knowledge is a charismatic gift. It is the reception of knowledge that can be known by someone present and usually is.
This manifestation is beyond the scope of mere "speaking forth" of prophecy. At it's most basic level, prophesy is speaking forth from the contents of your faith.

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I understand what you are getting at Tas, but we are all called to discern and I believe we are all suppose to be seeking to prophesy:

1 Cor 14:29-32
29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. 30 But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent. 31 For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged. 32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

1 Cor 14:39-40
39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues. 40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
What is a fundamental truth concerning prophesying as Paul was teaching to the Corinthian church is as I have come to believe to be virtual speaking in tongues with interpretation all wrapped up in one package. It is as far away from the gift of Prophecy (according to Ch 12) as speaking a prayer tongue is away from the gift of Diversity of tongues (speaking another persons language for them to understand)
There would be no question that it would not be appropriate to write down the phonetic equivalent to what you might have said in tongues and posted it on this thread -likewise "prophesying " in this context is equally unedifying and is devoid of any accountability

Upvote 0

KingsAmbassador

It's a Family thing.
Apr 5, 2007
✟486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is a fundamental truth concerning prophesying as Paul was teaching to the Corinthian church is as I have come to believe to be virtual speaking in tongues with interpretation all wrapped up in one package. It is as far away from the gift of Prophecy (according to Ch 12) as speaking a prayer tongue is away from the gift of Diversity of tongues (speaking another persons language for them to understand)
There would be no question that it would not be appropriate to write down the phonetic equivalent to what you might have said in tongues and posted it on this thread -likewise "prophesying " in this context is equally unedifying and is devoid of any accountability

I suppose if you were to ask Zzub if he felt like he was about to be held accountable for the word he gave I'm sure he would have answered in the affirmative.

But if you do not wish to participate then don't. It's really pretty simple isn't it?

Upvote 0
L

LogonLalein

Old time fundamentalists used to claim that preaching was a form of prophesying.
Being a smarty super spiritual charismatic I would disagree with them and insist that all prophecy HAS to be via the Holy Spirit. Now I have found that I have come full circle. I agree with them and have included that concept into my teaching. I believe we can all prophesy and we all do. Everyone here has been moved by compassion, faith, or Joy... and his spoken forth from that movement.
When you did so you were prophesying.
If you found yourself unable to speak forth what you felt in your spirit with articulate words... you many have spoken for in soundings that were not articulate words... and at that time you were speaking in tongues.
You have all done these things passively.
You can now use this thread to do so actively. Be moved by the needs of your brothers and speak forth words of comfort, exhortation, and edification.
Be moved by joy and speak forth psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.
Be moved by the abundance of your faith and minister edification to those who need it.
This is the base level manifestation.
You can do it. You have done it.
Do it now ON PURPOSE, and WITH PURPOSE!
peace

Reactions: faithopelove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

LogonLalein

Let me give you an example of someone generating prophetic speech, and then let me show you how to do this yourself:

Mark 6:34
34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.

This is a example of prophetic speech that is generated by compassion. He saw their lost condition, he had compassion toward them, and that compassion led to speech.
He did not predict anything. All we see is that He was moved by compassion and he spoke. All spiritual prophesy (that is prophetic utterance from the spirit of Christ in us) is generated by movements like this. We see the needs, we empathize with them, and we are compelled by that spiritual pressure to speak.

Look at what David did:

Psalms 45:1
1 My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

Look at who generated the words:

"My heart is inditing a good matter..."
"I will speak of the things I have made touching the king..."

David had been meditating on the subject of the King... After much meditation his spirit generated a psalm on that selfsame subject. The word "inditing" means "bubbling forth."
All the prophetic psalms I have ever generated happened just this way. I meditated on a subject, and after much meditation a song or verse would bubble up from my spirit.

This is prophetic speech.
You have already done this (passively).
You can do this at will.
You can do it now(actively).

Here is a good example of your ability to do this.
Recall an instance of when you were experiencing great joy at the realization of a Bible truth. Perhaps it was the first time you realized Jesus died for your sins. Perhaps it was the first time you came into His presence.
Dwell on the topic and allow it to grow inside you. Speak forth from that place within you where you feel the joy (or faith or compassion). It may only be a few words...or it may be full psalm.
Just let it flow.
Share it with us if you will!

Reactions: faithopelove
Upvote 0

ub4me

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2005
USA
✟20,873.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LogonLalein

UPON PRAYING FOR YOU
I IMMEDIATLY FELT A GREAT SENSE OF PEACE.
THE PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING.
THAT YOU HAVE OVERCOME MANY HARDSHIPS AND CONCERNS BY ALLOWING GOD TO BE GOD IN YOUR LIFE.
GOD HAS GIVEN YOU GREAT UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORD, AND AN ANNOINTING TO TEACH OTHERS...BECAUSE OF IT.
TO WHOM MUCH HAS BEEN GIVEN MUCH HAS BEEN REQUIRED.
AND THE'RE TIMES WHEN YOU FEEL WEARY FROM WELL DOING...
BUT GOD SAYS IT IS I WHO STRENGTHENS YOU.
IT IS I WHO CARRIED YOU THROUGH THE FIRE.
IT IS I WHO BROUGHT YOU THROUGH THE TROUBLED WATERS.
I DID IT THEN
AND I WILL DO IT NOW.
REST IN ME.

Upvote 0
L

LogonLalein

LogonLalein

UPON PRAYING FOR YOU
I IMMEDIATLY FELT A GREAT SENSE OF PEACE.
THE PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING.
THAT YOU HAVE OVERCOME MANY HARDSHIPS AND CONCERNS BY ALLOWING GOD TO BE GOD IN YOUR LIFE.
GOD HAS GIVEN YOU GREAT UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORD, AND AN ANNOINTING TO TEACH OTHERS...BECAUSE OF IT.
TO WHOM MUCH HAS BEEN GIVEN MUCH HAS BEEN REQUIRED.
AND THE'RE TIMES WHEN YOU FEEL WEARY FROM WELL DOING...
BUT GOD SAYS IT IS I WHO STRENGTHENS YOU.
IT IS I WHO CARRIED YOU THROUGH THE FIRE.
IT IS I WHO BROUGHT YOU THROUGH THE TROUBLED WATERS.
I DID IT THEN
AND I WILL DO IT NOW.
REST IN ME.
Thank you saint... I receive your word and am comforted by it.
I know He is God... He is with me as He has always been and will always be.
Rest indeed... rest indeed.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
TPFKAD...... *grin*

As I was reading ub4me's post, I saw in the spirit a man - I think you - and he was standing on top of a hill, wiping his brow with his arm the way some grimy-handed ranchers might do. I think this is a picture of a kind of victory after much work. The Lord will cause you to prosper in whatever you put your hand forth to do, in this season. He is with you. Now I'm seeing that "you" have a wheelbarrow full of dirt, and I hear the word "transplanting". Hmmm. I am not sure what this means.....

Father, I pray that you will bless my brother in his endeavors, bless him and his household, in Jesus' name.....

tal

Upvote 0
L

LogonLalein

TPFKAD...... *grin*

As I was reading ub4me's post, I saw in the spirit a man - I think you - and he was standing on top of a hill, wiping his brow with his arm the way some grimy-handed ranchers might do. I think this is a picture of a kind of victory after much work. The Lord will cause you to prosper in whatever you put your hand forth to do, in this season. He is with you. Now I'm seeing that "you" have a wheelbarrow full of dirt, and I hear the word "transplanting". Hmmm. I am not sure what this means.....

Father, I pray that you will bless my brother in his endeavors, bless him and his household, in Jesus' name.....

tal
In visions of the night the Lord very often has used gardens and plants to represent my work in His garden. This goes back many years. One of my first visions of the night was of a little garden with bulbs poking their heads up out of the ground. Except they were not plants.. they were little heads!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.