BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are NOT jus an old house wife my child!!! YOU are a child of the most High God!!!

Now don't you ever forget that!

Now the reason I tell you that dreams are not to be trusted in anyway is because the Word of God tells us that.

Hebrews 1:1-2.........
"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe."

God has spoken to man through dreams in times paste. But those were "Prophets".

Those days are PAST. Not because I say so but the Bible says so. "IN THE PAST GOD SOPKE TO OUR ANCESTORS THROUGH THE PROPHETS."

But today, now He has spoken to us through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now consider 2 Tim. 3:16.........
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

There it is!!! Scripture is the final Word of God. The written Word of God we find in the Bible is what the Lord Jesus has given to use through the writings of the Apostles who in fact became the Prophets of the New Test.

That means God is NOT speaking to us in dreams today. Do we have dreams? Of course we do!

But they are not the result of God trying to communicate to us. We talk to God through prayer and He talks to us through His written Word.

My dear sister, dreams are YOUR mind still working while you are asleep. The mind can be tricky and confusing which is why some many people take anti-depressants.
Good morning, and thank you for responding so kindly. I agree, I've dreamed a lot in my many years, and dismiss them knowing where they originate. It seems not many here on CF are having similar dreams so maybe it didn't mean much.
First, I need to be clear for those replying to my post, that I do not believe dreams are in any way to be accepted as an authority above Scripture.
My research in the New Testament shows however that it seems to me at least, that The Lord can used dreams and visions, as he did with Paul and John.
The verse below is strange unless the answer could be in another version.
First it says vision then dream ...
maybe it's in the original Greek or Aramaic word that is used for dream and vision?
Acts 16:9
That night Paul had a vision. In his dream he saw a man over in Macedonia, Greece, pleading with him, “Come over here and help us.”

Anyone having dreams concerning tribulation or end times
So my question and the dream I had referring to the rapture, does not add to or contradict the Word, right? Let me know what you see, I don't want to be in deception of any kind. By the way ...have you heard of the thousands of people of other faiths especially Jews and Muslims dreaming about Jesus and converting to Him?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning, and thank you for responding so kindly. I agree, I've dreamed a lot in my many years, and dismiss them knowing where they originate. It seems not many here on CF are having similar dreams so maybe it didn't mean much.
First, I need to be clear for those replying to my post, that I do not believe dreams are in any way to be accepted as an authority above Scripture.
My research in the New Testament shows however that it seems to me at least, that The Lord can used dreams and visions, as he did with Paul and John.
maybe it's in the original Greek or Aramaic word that is used for dream and vision?
That night Paul had a vision. In his dream he saw a man over in Macedonia, Greece, pleading with him, “Come over here and help us.”

So my question and the dream I had referring to the rapture, does not add to or contradict the Word, right? Let me know what you see, I don't want to be in deception of any kind. By the way ...have you heard of the thousands of people of other faiths especially Jews and Muslims dreaming about Jesus and converting to Him?

The most important thing to remember is that YOU are not an Apostle. The Apostles had gifts and abilities that we do not possess.

I have heard of many conversions in the Muslim faith but according my missionary friends, those come by the gospel of the Lord Jesus being placed into their hearts.

As for adding to or contradiction of the Scriptures, I would say that dreams of that nature are something to be aware of and then ignore them.

Dig into the Word of God to find out more about the next coming of the Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The most important thing to remember is that YOU are not an Apostle. The Apostles had gifts and abilities that we do not possess.

I have heard of many conversions in the Muslim faith but according my missionary friends, those come by the gospel of the Lord Jesus being placed into their hearts.

As for adding to or contradiction of the Scriptures, I would say that dreams of that nature are something to be aware of and then ignore them.

Dig into the Word of God to find out more about the next coming of the Lord Jesus.
Oh! my brother, I never claimed the role of an Apostle.
Am I understanding that you are of the beliefs that the gifts were for that day but do not exist today ? i know some branches believe that.
About the Muslims, after their dream, I've heard they would seek someone in the Christian faith to direct them how to be saved. So the dream did not save them, it was used to point them to the Savior.
So my dream of the my catching away by Jesus, and the sea of persons screaming in horror running away from him is something to be aware of?
Isn't that in scriptural prophecy? The catching away of His Church and those left behind that are angry with the Lord and non-repentent?

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I wish I was smart enough to study and remember all I study : ))) :help:
The study of prophecy is very intricate. Too intricate for me, though I have tried a couple of times when i was young.:scratch:
At this stage in my life I focus on simply the Letter to the Churches in Revelations, where Jesus states who will be with Him and who will not. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

ver 2-10

Dec 13, 2016
Denmark
✟23,003.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Like was written, blink of a eye quick.
But before I saw it happen, there was a sea of people as far as could be seen looking in the direction of a loud horse neighing(?) In horror, they turned running and screaming as they tried to get away from the horse and his rider.
Sounds like the Dreadful Judge that will come to judge the nations.

I have had since 2004 strange visions about bringing peace to the middle east and make the Arab desert green.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds like the Dreadful Judge that will come to judge the nations.

I have had since 2004 strange visions about bringing peace to the middle east and make the Arab desert green.
If you want to share please do?
I am curious if others are having similar dreams. I think some maybe having them but don't want anyone(even people they don't know) to think they are crazy.:sorry::wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I write down all my dreams and have done so for over 20 yrs. Often I look back at them when the Lord reminds me of something. It's amazing sometimes to look back and can somewhat see what is happening in my life now. God def gives us dreams, you just have to learn the difference in body,emotion and Gods voice. My daughter dreams alot about end times. My dreams are more prophetic and directional in nature. I actually am now married to the man God showed me in a dream. I didn't even know who he was, the dream just consisted of a man sitting on a couch telling me he loved me. About a year later I met him at my job. No it wasn't my brain, emotions etc. Because I was not looking for a relationship or marriage. God speaks thru dreams and in writing them down it helps you. He speaks to us in parable form. His ways are not our ways, but by asking him to show you he will do so. Ive recieved warning and answers from my dreams, not always for myself but for others as well. Mostly I believe that God also gives us dreams so that we will prophetically intercede over them.

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟20,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, but I had a dream about a car crash that really happened. I had this dream in 2000 or 2001, not exactly sure.

It was so weird. What are the chances. I dreamed about a bus crashing into a car in a specific location. 3 days later, guess what happened. A bus crashed into some cars in the same place.

Not sure why I dreamed of that. I couldn't have changed the events even if I wanted to.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I write down all my dreams and have done so for over 20 yrs. Often I look back at them when the Lord reminds me of something. It's amazing sometimes to look back and can somewhat see what is happening in my life now. God def gives us dreams, you just have to learn the difference in body,emotion and Gods voice. My daughter dreams alot about end times. My dreams are more prophetic and directional in nature. I actually am now married to the man God showed me in a dream. I didn't even know who he was, the dream just consisted of a man sitting on a couch telling me he loved me. About a year later I met him at my job. No it wasn't my brain, emotions etc. Because I was not looking for a relationship or marriage. God speaks thru dreams and in writing them down it helps you. He speaks to us in parable form. His ways are not our ways, but by asking him to show you he will do so. Ive recieved warning and answers from my dreams, not always for myself but for others as well. Mostly I believe that God also gives us dreams so that we will prophetically intercede over them.
I totally relate.
I saw my hubby, in a dream about a year before we meet. In the dream he had 2 unusual traits, that majority of people don't have.
Years Later, I ended up living in an dump area I had dreamed about. I would have NEVER chosen that area, if there had not been, no-other housing in the town for many miles, for a job we worked at.
In the case of the rapture, I don't know if intercession was the reason.
Please consider sharing briefly the meat and potatoes of what you and your daughters prophetic dreams are. What is the message from them?

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, but I had a dream about a car crash that really happened. I had this dream in 2000 or 2001, not exactly sure.

It was so weird. What are the chances. I dreamed about a bus crashing into a car in a specific location. 3 days later, guess what happened. A bus crashed into some cars in the same place.

Not sure why I dreamed of that. I couldn't have changed the events even if I wanted to.
Years ago I had a horrific dream about driving by a gruesome accident on the freeway.
Thank God, though Ive driven by many accidents since then, but not the one in the dream.
Could prayer have changed things? I dunno?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I totally relate.
I saw my hubby, in a dream about a year before we meet. In the dream he had 2 unusual traits, that majority of people don't have.
Years Later, I ended up living in an dump area I had dreamed about. I would have NEVER chosen that area, if there had not been, no-other housing in the town for many miles, for a job we worked at.
Please consider sharing briefly the meat and potatoes of what you and your daughters prophetic dreams are. What is the message from them?

A while back I had a dream of me walking into a restaurant, i knew in my spirit something was wrong but didn't know what it was. All of a sudden I was grabbed and held down by a man and others jumped in to hold me down. They bent me over as in a crawling position and began to hold a strange demonic symbol over my head and stated "dont worry you will like this" and began to do something veryyyyyy intrusive. When I awoke I knew from this dream that I was being attacked and began to intercede in depth against the attack that was coming. I prayed and rebuked the attack and cancelled the mission they had against me.

My daughters dreams are very detailed. Some she was taken to a mountain and saw Peter and the Lord fighting the enemy coming up the mountain, in the dream she saw Peter transform and his cloak turnt into the Spirit of God and she therefore began to pray, the attack was one that was coming against the church.

Every dream is so different in nature, over the yrs I have learned by writing them down that God was speaking my individual language and my individual relationship with Him. Such as if I dream I am pregnant knowing in reality I cannot be.....that I am spiritually pregnant and God wants to birth something in me or my life. I wake and thank Him and I ask him for His blessing for what is to come and it encourages me.

Over 20 years ago I began to really pay attention to dreams and things He speaks to me.....One that taught me well was that I heard in my spirit that "the streets of China would cry out"...... me thinking what is this about God and it makes no sense. Only to read the newspaper the next day where China had a earthquake and the photo in the newspaper was of a street with a long crack going down the middle of it.....so yes many things to consider, I have gotten pretty good with dreams and very often help my daughter with hers and my son as well. She has had dreams that she didn't understand but when she shared them with me, it was like light bulbs going off, it was the answer to an attack that I was going thru.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Years ago I had a horrific dream about driving by a gruesome accident on the freeway.
Thank God, though Ive driven by many accidents since then, but not the one in the dream.
Could prayer have changed things? I dunno?

without a doubt.....pray over everything He shows you, when you don't know what to pray, pray in the spirit that is why He shows us these things, so we can go before the throne

• Agree
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I truly with all my heart know and believe we can change things thru prayer. I know because I have seen it happen for several years.

alll

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I totally relate.
First it sounds like He is confirming to you that He is coming back and then the souls of those that are not saved are running. I think we are to pray for their salvation.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I personally havent had any dreams concerning this, but have seen many testimonies that it is occuring

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh! my brother, I never claimed the role of an Apostle.
Am I understanding that you are of the beliefs that the gifts were for that day but do not exist today ? i know some branches believe that.
About the Muslims, after their dream, I've heard they would seek someone in the Christian faith to direct them how to be saved. So the dream did not save them, it was used to point them to the Savior.
So my dream of the my catching away by Jesus, and the sea of persons screaming in horror running away from him is something to be aware of?
Isn't that in scriptural prophecy? The catching away of His Church and those left behind that are angry with the Lord and non-repentent?

Yes. I am a "Cessationist".

This would require a long reply and I do not like to do those. I will however tell you to read 1 Corth. 13:8-11. You then will have to decide what the "Perfect One" is.

Now, Greek grammar says that the phrase "Perfect One" is in the neuter which means it can only be a "thing" and not a "person".

Now we can debate back and forth of what WE think but please know that GRAMMAR can not be changed. It is what it is whther we like it or not.

Now having said that, how many "Perfect ones" do you know of????
How many PERFECT THINGS are there?

Most everyone will say Jesus. But the Greek grammar will not allow that to be the answer.
So what does that leave?........The Bible, the inerrant Word of God".

If that is the case, then the sign gifts given to the apostles would have ended when the Bible was canonized. The only ones who had the "SIGN GIFTS" were the apostles.

Please read Mark 16:14-18.

Now, how many people do you see there that Jesus is talking to?
Who did He give the "Sign Gifts" to?

You have decide what the Scriptures say to you. They say to me that 11 men were told that they would have the ability to do wonderful things as they went into the world to spread the gospel.

The Bible then says to me that when the "Perfect One", Gods Word is finished and canonized those gifts will no longer be needed so they came to and end.

The fact I have found in my studies is that there is NO Bible record of any Apostolic succession at all. It is just not there. Most of us want it to be there because it gives us the feeling of being used by God in a special way, but in this case, the Scriptures do not support such a thinking.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I personally havent had any dreams concerning this, but have seen many testimonies that it is occuring

Everyone dreams. The thing I am saying is that we should not place a dream over the written Word of God.

That is how God has told us He will communicate with us in these days we now live. We talk to God in prayer and He talks to us through His word. If we place as much or more belief in our dreams we are short circuiting what God may be trying to say to us.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing ever takes the place of the word. God still speaks to His people and I find it very sad for those that dont believe He still speaks to His people. Thats what a relationship is.........you communicate in relationships. I personally love when He speaks to me. He said "my sheep know my voice". But yes He always speaks through the written word. But I am glad to have the relationship with Him that I do. I love hearing from Him.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"pretrib" ..I am NOT against this ok? For me it has to be written and that is not nor is mid nor is post. That being said for ME its clear that before the LAWLESS one can set foot in the open the Church has to be gone. I am ready NOW. It will always be NOW when He comes.

For me.. He never uses fear or black in dreams. Never has.. gray....many times but never black. It always points to Him and His word. Anyway.. a few months ago I had a dream. Never asked for or really care to ask for. Not sure why haha. Anyway I was with my son Jacob (have another since you didnt ASK HELLO? HAHA Brandon). I had a dream before the one I am talking about where Jacob was RE painting the walls white. So I was with Jacob and on this white background was this count down.

It started at 60 as in seconds. It was in the teens. Now in this dream I had this feeling.. no this knowing. I mean and sorry I dont know how else to say it but its like you see this car coming at you..something happening you cant change.. no way out.. you KNOW its going to happen. I had this feeling/knowing that to this day I have never had. It was.. HE IS COMING. He really is coming. Its all true.. HE REALLY IS COMING! I cant tell you the FEELING. WOW.... you didnt see anything going on.. HE WAS REALLY COMING!. Again the count down was in the teens.

I am ready now. No pre no mid no post. I lol heard this preacher/prophet (gone home now) say he as not pretrib at all, yet would say.. He is ready NOW just incase! I understand what he meant. We will never see His wrath. Gone before. I know the WORD used but to some it turns them away from the truth. It will always be NOW when Jesus comes never tomorrow. That TOMORROW will always take care of its self and I was never promised tomorrow.

I was just sitting here thinking... wow I wish I had the knowing... HE IS COMING.. we know but.. not like in that dream. HE IS COMING. Thanks for the asking and the replys about dreams.. awesome!

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing ever takes the place of the word. God still speaks to His people and I find it very sad for those that dont believe He still speaks to His people. Thats what a relationship is.........you communicate in relationships. I personally love when He speaks to me. He said "my sheep know my voice". But yes He always speaks through the written word. But I am glad to have the relationship with Him that I do. I love hearing from Him.

I agree completely.

• Agree
Upvote 0