Prophet like Moses Among your breathen?

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Who told you I am Muslim at all did I mention Muhamad or Islam in the thread??
you either answer the question or don't accuse me of some thing.
giving the other cheek was not from Moses teaching at all.
This is what Moses actually taught that the LORD said:

Lev 19:18 "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not sure about that.
But even if we Assume that , then that means that verse says Jesus is a prophet not God right?
Jesus was a prophet not just a prophet though, he was God being God the Son one of the persons of the Trinity and was submitted to the will of God the Father acting as his prophet on earth.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you say so.
But Jesus never did an Exodus and Never Killed some one and never carried a sword [like Moses] in fact he said love your enemy and if some one slaps you give him the other cheek and if some one steals some thing from you give it to him

Luke 6:29

29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

While Moses said kill all the boys from the enemies,
I don't think this goes with Loving your enemy and giving him the other cheek

Numbers 31:17-18 King James Version (KJV)
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

How can he be that prophet?
Moses never loved his enemies he slaughtered them,
Jesus loved every one and his enemies and said love your enemy.
Moses was at war most of his lifetime and his job was to defend his people from slaughter, Jesus had a different role to play as a prince of peace. Jesus did however believe that in sometimes the sword was necessary.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Prophet is a messenger sent by God by biblical defination
Jesus is not like Moses
Jesus did not wage war , Jesus didn't die a normal death and died in an early age , Jesus was supposedly Sinless , Jesus never killed any one or sinned , Jesus never did an exodus

Moses waged wars, Moses aged and died a normal death , Moses killed a man in Egypt , Moses did an Exodus to Israel

Both are totally very different.
Both Moses and Jesus were nearly were killed at birth, both fled to Egypt and spent seam time there, both were Israelites, both did miracles, saw and spoke to God face to face, both were sent to lead there people, both were rejected by their people at some point, both brought new laws. Both offered to take Israel’s punishment upon themselves.

Upvote 0

confusedmanxx

Sep 5, 2018
USA
✟16,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Both Moses and Jesus were nearly were killed at birth, both fled to Egypt and spent seam time there, both were Israelites, both did miracles, saw and spoke to God face to face, both were sent to lead there people, both were rejected by their people at some point, both brought new laws. Both offered to take Israel’s punishment upon themselves.

Nearly killed? Jesus died in early age according to bible
Moses carried a sword. Jesus says love your enemy and allow people to persecute you.
You are trying too hard.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nearly killed? Jesus died in early age according to bible
Moses carried a sword. Jesus says love your enemy and allow people to persecute you.
You are trying too hard.
Both were nearly killed as infants, actually Jesus did not allow people to persecute you, if you actually studied poetry or literature you’d know that the turn the other cheek praise was a hyperbole, an exaggerated praise not always to be taken literally. Jesus believed in war if peace of any kind fails, Jesus himself makes this clear in Luke 22:36-38 when he tells the apostles to “take up a sword” for self-defense.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then later in 34:10, it says no prophet has rise like Moses in Israel. I asked my friend and he said its a prophesy of Jesus. But the problem is that Jesus is an Israelite which disqualifies him because Deutoronomy clearly states in 34:10 that no prophet has or ever will come among the Israelites who is like Moses. Therefore, the person in Deut. 18:15 can not be an Israelite.
1) Moses was an Israelite. Therefore, a prophet like Moses would have to be an Israelite.
2) Deuteronomy 34:10-12 does not state at all that there will not be another prophet like Moses. It states there had been no prophet like Moses up to the time the passage was written. It was written well before Jesus came.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But he also says

John 5:37
And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form,

So probably in John 14:9 He means some thing else Or the bible contradicts it self, pick which ever you feel more logical.
Jesus is saying they have never seen our Father's form. But if they see how Jesus is, they are seeing our Father by seeing how our Father is.

People have not really seen you, if they only have seen what you look like, right?

And if you are wearing a mask . . . what is coming to you is not really to you but to your mask, if people can only see your mask. But I see Jesus means that if they see how He really is, in His character, they have also seen our Father . . . I mean, how God our Father is in His nature.

Also Jesus according to the trinity theory is a god not a prophet.
Jesus is the Son of God. And as God's Son He is other things, including our High Priest. And because He spoke our Father's words, this is how He also could be called "a prophet" like Moses who spoke what God had him speak.

And jesus is not like Moses since jesus never waged a war and Moses died a normal death.
Well, you can pick out certain details of how Jesus and Moses are not alike, but Moses took care of God's people, and now Jesus is our Good Shepherd who cares for us.

And Jesus has given us God's words and the way He communicated had a number of people thinking He was a prophet, including the woman at the well. But prophet is not all Jesus has been.

So, it looks as though you are being skeptical about misunderstandings and misrepresentations. It is good to get the correct understanding, then evaluate if you are skeptical about the truth or not.

Upvote 0