✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Maybe this is a better example

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, that your faith is proclaimed throughout the whole world.

The faith of the Romans wasn't being proclaimed in South america. So I think it means the whole world as Paul saw it, not the whole world as we see it today.

I know that the thinking that verses like this could not mean actually the whole world. And has worked its way into christianity, so as to accommodate history, science, etc...

It seems that for some reason christians feel obligated to place what they have been told from history and science. In a position to, have to reinterpret areas of the Bible. So to fit these institutions and their accounts of life, history, creation.

For me i see this verse as a non complicated statement that your faith is proclaimed throughout the whole world. I see no reason from the Bible, to not believe this verse as given.

But still it goes back to, if that verse was not meaning the whole world. I still do not see how that verse would cause a person to see the verse in Revelation 18 the same way as Romans. What is the connection, would this verse 1 Timothy 2:15 cancel out for women that Eternal Life is received by faith in The Messiah. That to be saved women have to bare children.

Is the message in verse 2 just for the part of the earth that is illuminated by the angel.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know that the thinking that verses like this could not mean actually the whole world. And has worked its way into christianity, so as to accommodate history, science, etc...

It seems that for some reason christians feel obligated to place what they have been told from history and science. In a position to, have to reinterpret areas of the Bible. So to fit these institutions and their accounts of life, history, creation.

For me i see this verse as a non complicated statement that your faith is proclaimed throughout the whole world. I see no reason from the Bible, to not believe this verse as given.

But still it goes back to, if that verse was not meaning the whole world. I still do not see how that verse would cause a person to see the verse in Revelation 18 the same way as Romans. What is the connection, would this verse 1 Timothy 2:15 cancel out for women that Eternal Life is received by faith in The Messiah. That to be saved women have to bare children.

Is the message in verse 2 just for the part of the earth that is illuminated by the angel.

I hear what you're saying.

So that I can be sure that I understand the details of what you're saying,
do you believe that the faith of the Romans was proclaimed in South America at the time of Paul?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

So that I can be sure that I understand the details of what you're saying,
do you believe that the faith of the Romans was proclaimed in South America at the time of Paul?

Like the verse states the whole world, how ever the earth looked some 2000 years ago. Look at Phillip being carried away to another town in just a moment of time. Do you not think God could have taken disciples and scattered them throughout the world.

That verse is not the only verse to state this.

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like the verse states the whole world, how ever the earth looked some 2000 years ago. Look at Phillip being carried away to another town in just a moment of time. Do you not think God could have taken disciples and scattered them throughout the world.

That verse is not the only verse to state this.

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Following your train of thought,

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Are you able to mount up with wings as an eagle?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Following your train of thought,

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Are you able to mount up with wings as an eagle?

What does as eagles mean. I do not see this as saying a person will actually have wings like an eagle.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Came across this today, i am personally not looking for scientific proof. The Bible is good enough for me, but if anyone (especially any christian identifiers) is looking for examples outside of The Bible. this video may be of interest to you.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does as eagles mean. I do not see this as saying a person will actually have wings like an eagle.
Eagles fly with their wings.

This verse says we will fly the same way, doesn't it?

Or is it, like, while the verse says that, it doesn't mean it literally?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Eagles fly with their wings.

This verse says we will fly the same way, doesn't it?

Or is it, like, while the verse says that, it doesn't mean it literally?

But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

The verse is, by my belief, is just giving three examples of how the Lord will strengthen those who wait upon Him. If a believer waits they will have the endurance like an eagle in flight or a runner who does not get weary or one who walks and will not faint.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

The verse is, by my belief, is just giving three examples of how the Lord will strengthen those who wait upon Him. If a believer waits they will have the endurance like an eagle in flight or a runner who does not get weary or one who walks and will not faint.
Yes, we don't take it literally, do we.

And that's what I'm saying, too. There are things in the Bible that aren't meant to be taken literally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we don't take it literally, do we.

And that's what I'm saying, too. There are things in the Bible that aren't meant to be taken literally.

When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning.
Unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths indicate clearly otherwise.
Dr D. L. Cooper

So show me from the Bible why this verse in Genesis should not be taken as stated.
Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning.
Unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths indicate clearly otherwise.
Dr D. L. Cooper

So show me from the Bible why this verse in Genesis should not be taken as stated.
Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.
It doesn't make common sense to me because it isn't day on Earth everywhere at the same time.

To me, common Sense would say that the sun would rule everywhere for a while, then the moon would rule everywhere for a while. That's what the verse sounds like to me.

• Agree
Reactions: KitKat1230
Upvote 0

KitKat1230

Truth Seeker
Oct 7, 2019
California
✟43,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, the Earth is flat and stationary, and NASA and ALL of Earth's best and smartest scientists faked their astronomical telescope findings, satellites, and space travels. Just like how lizard people are in control of the United Nations and planning to take over the world, all of Hollywood is sacrificing children to Moloch, Bush did 9/11, and science is a lie from the Devil.

Some random dude on the Internet, who likely does not have any science degree and who most people have no clue about knows more about the Earth's shape than all of our best educated, well-trained scientists and scholars, our astronauts, the Ancient Greeks, and Galileo Galilei.

Don't get your science from randos on YouTube, folks. Especially randos without a science degree.

Oh, and stay away from conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't make common sense to me because it isn't day on Earth everywhere at the same time.

To me, common Sense would say that the sun would rule everywhere for a while, then the moon would rule everywhere for a while. That's what the verse sounds like to me.

So this does not make common sense God created two great lights.

But this does God created two great lights (but actually God did not create two great lights, but just one. The other great light is actually a sphere shaped rock that reflects the light of the first great light).

Maybe christians who just cannot believe God's word as given, because of science should produce their own Bible with notes. Kind of like the example below.

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.
(but actually God did not create two great lights, but just one. The other great light is actually a sphere shaped rock that reflects the light of the first great light). 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Thomas Jefferson also could not accept many parts of The Bible so he created his own version, the jefferson bible

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,115.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

But this does God created two great lights (but actually God did not create two great lights, but just one. The other great light is actually a sphere shaped rock that reflects the light of the first great light).

Maybe christians who just cannot believe God's word as given, because of science should produce their own Bible with notes. Kind of like the example below.

14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; 15 and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. 16 Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.
(but actually God did not create two great lights, but just one. The other great light is actually a sphere shaped rock that reflects the light of the first great light). 17 God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Interpretation!

You interpret it to suit your own unique beliefs.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thomas Jefferson also could not accept many parts of The Bible so he created his own version, the jefferson bible
I believe everything the Bible has to say.

As you suggested, I also use common sense
as well as axiomatic and fundamental truths
in the interpretation of what the Bible says.

Common sense would say that many parts of the Bible are written from the point of view of the writer.

From the point of view of someone writing back then, the moon would sure look like a great light, because it reflects so much light from the sun.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
the first private flight to the outer part of the atmosphere, wont be long where hundreds then thousands will be able to see the sphere earth.

someone say lesser light, like the encased little light in darkness in the center of earth.

istockphoto-962321406-612x612.jpg

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​
Do you get your way to receive God's free gift of Eternal life (salvation) from science, if not. Do you get information of angels and what they are from science, if not. Do you get your information about prophecy from science, if not. Do you get your information about who Jesus is from science, if not.

Then why are you getting your creation information about God's creation from science and not the Bible.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-​
Do you get your way to receive God's free gift of Eternal life (salvation) from science, if not. Do you get information of angels and what they are from science, if not. Do you get your information about prophecy from science, if not. Do you get your information about who Jesus is from science, if not.

Then why are you getting your creation information about God's creation from science and not the Bible.
Yup I live another day because God inspired a man to become a doctor learn science to place a heart valve in my chest

Upvote 0