Visit site
✟2,617.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
List your favorite "Jesus is real because..." witnessing techniques here, please.

I personally like this:

The odds of Jesus Christ being the true Messiah and fullfilling the prophecies he did are equal to covering the entire state of Texas ankle-deep with quarters, marking one with an "X", blindfolding your friend and asking him to find it.

Ok, lets keep this list going, and make them fun, and imaginative, as this can/will help others to witness to strangers, friends and family.

Robb

clonenomore

I will be a Clone No More
Feb 1, 2004
Northwest, GA
✟15,593.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wish that I could take credit for this, but I read this in the book Share Jesus without Fear by William Fay:

Ask "How many people would it take flipping a quarter before one person hit heads thirty times in a row?" According to Ripley's Believe It or Not, for a flipped coin to land on heads fifty times in a row would require one million people flipping ten coins a minute for forty hours a week -- and then it would only happen once every 9 centuries!

Answer: That's why I believe the Bible is true. Taking the 30 prophecies about the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus that have come true, that's like flipping heads 30 times in a row.

Additionally, ask how many people would it take flipping a coin to make itr land on heads 245 times in a row? Because that's a conservative estimate of the number of Biblical prophecies that were supposed to come true and have come true.

Reactions: Margot Lugo
Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is more of a creation story, but it relates to Jesus regardless since He was there at the Creation. :)

Two scientists lived next door to each other: one Christian, one atheist. They were good friends and worked in adjacent laboratories. The atheist and Christian frequently talked at length about the origins of the earth. The Christian said that God created the earth, but the atheist insisted that science had proven evolution to be true. They were cordial in their debates, but each tried to draw the other toward his side of the argument. The Christian had an artist create a large wooden globe which had superb detail of the mountains and landscape of the earth. Once the project was finished, the Christian invited the atheist over to show him his new possession. The atheist said "wow! Who made that?!?" The Christian said "No one. It just sort of appeared out of nowhere." The atheist immediately was dumbfounded and realized the point the Christian was making. He finally recanted his disbelief in God, the Creator and was saved.

We see God's power as much larger than we can fathom. To many, it is so omniscient that people disbelieve simply based on that idea. It is like trying to imagine how much room $1 billion dollars in pennies would take up. Sometimes, we need to show a more worldly example for people to understand that the Bible is true. That is why Jesus spoke in parables. He wanted the people to understand completely, so He spoke to them in ways they would understand.

God bless you,
Dave

Reactions: Kees Boer
Upvote 0

theinfiniteweird

Dec 29, 2004
TX, near Houston.
✟295.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The odds of Jesus Christ being the true Messiah and fullfilling the prophecies he did are equal to covering the entire state of Texas ankle-deep with quarters, marking one with an "X", blindfolding your friend and asking him to find it.

This sounds like you're giving evedince that Jesus wasn't real or whatever. I know for a fact you're not doing this; I'm just missing something. Explain it to me because I want to understand. Thx.

As for proving if Jesus was real and did what he did, you could always refer back to "The Case for Faith". Gives some facts and some very scientific reasons for those who need a little budge before they can "believe without seeing".

Upvote 0

Tazi

Feb 22, 2005
BC Canada
✟18,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JMRE5150 said:
List your favorite "Jesus is real because..." witnessing techniques here, please.

I personally like this:

Ok, lets keep this list going, and make them fun, and imaginative, as this can/will help others to witness to strangers, friends and family.

Robb
that doesnt sound very promising........

Upvote 0

Lady_Firehawk

With new mint flavor crystals!
Mar 20, 2004
Evergreen State College
✟10,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Thing is.... HE DID fulfill all those prophecies concerning the Messiah-- it's just that the odds of one person fulfillina all of them are about as astronomical as that illustration portrays, so the only logical conclusion was that Jesus was, in fact, the Messiah.

But then when you run into someone who takes no stock whatever in prophecy or believes that someone could well have written the Gospels to make it LOOK like Jesus was the Messiah, that we run into trouble... but that's probably a subject for a different thread. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

TheListener

Save a cow - eat a vegetarian!
Aug 22, 2004
Sydney
✟19,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If anyone wants a full listing of all the prophesies fullfilled, you can read "The new evidence that demands a verdict" by Josh McDowell. But if you don't want to read a 900 page book, read "More than a carpenter" by the same author. It's a compelling summary of the 900 page book and is often used for witnessing. It's a cheap & small book. Just a few dollars each. You can get it in packs of 5 or 10 at your Christian resource centres. It also has plenty of compelling facts about Jesus' ressurection including a listing of what happened to the apostles (11 were executed). This usually works when people claim "Jesus did it for profit of some kind" or "Jesus didnt come back from the dead". If it were for some kind of profit such as to further the Jewish cause or gain something for themselves, then people are in awe to hear all these people got out of it from a worldly point of view was a gruesome death. And as I said it has some good points to bring up in regards to the ressurection.

"More than a carpenter" by Josh McDowell is a must read for all Christians, IMHO.

Upvote 0

all things through Christ

Jul 7, 2005
Tucson / Arizona
✟16,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
JMRE5150 said:

I personally like this:

Robb

But... that's not what Christianity is about. Not about math or probability or proving anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheListener

Save a cow - eat a vegetarian!
Aug 22, 2004
Sydney
✟19,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
all things through Christ said:
But... that's not what Christianity is about. Not about math or probability or proving anything.

But that's how the western world thinks today & so we need to know their language & be able to speak it. :thumbsup:

• Agree
Upvote 0

Harlan Norris

Jun 20, 2005
Aurora Co
✟10,455.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've made this point. Consider, an obscure carpenters son, charged and convicted of sedition, then executed. Think about the odds, that time it'self is reconed from the day of this mans birth. What year is it? 2005. 2005 from when? 2005 from the birth of Jesus Christ. If there is no God and Jesus is not the son of God, how could this have happened?

Upvote 0

xxdaggerxx

Nov 7, 2004
✟15,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
imgaine there were 2 brothers, who loved each other very much. They grew up, one of them became a fiece judge, know to punish evildoers to the fullest extend of the law and the other brother be came a rober. One day the rober was caught and was put into his brothers court. Every body was wondering what the judge would do, would he let him go because the robber was his brother or will he punish the rober showing no love at all. So when the verdict was about to be pronuced, the judge said 'Since you have commited a crime you are guilty, and you will be punished to the fullest extend of the law'. 'But since you are my brother, and i love you too much, i will take the punishement for you'.

Thats my way of explaining what jesus has done for us

Reactions: TheListener
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,

REMEMBER WHEN YOU ARE PERSECUTED (CHA CHING)

GREAT IS YOUR REWARD IN HEAVEN

I don't know if someone said this illustration yet,

I think it's from EE

Say someone thinks they don't need Jesus because they don't think they are sinners, an alternative to using the law, is simply to prove imperfection.

I.E.

"Oh you think you are a good person huh? I agree, you probably are a good person, and you probably only sin once or twice a day right?"

Sin is what the Bible calls imperfections they are like lying cheating stealing, looking at lust etc.

So say you only sin twice a day, (thats better than me!!) well how many days are in a week?

ok and how many weeks in a year?

ok and so thats 728 sins!!!

Do you think you are going to heaven with all those sins?

No

thats why Jesus came and died, to pay our bail,

just A=admit your guilt

B=Believe He died for you

And C=commit to recieve the gift of forgiveness

WE ARE SAVED BY FAITH ALONE!!! It's ABC simple!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

andrewclements

Sep 6, 2005
Northern Ireland
✟7,834.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I like the new testament way of witnessing best. (although some of the other posts are very interesting)for example, "Jesus is real because...

"the guy who has never walked before is now running around the town, leaping about saying Jesus has healed him. "

"The weirdo who no one could tame, who did what they liked and was self harming, who everyone said was insane, is now preaching the gospel to everyone in the town. "

"your best mate who was hopelessly addicted to drugs and alcohol has been set free from these addictions by Jesus."

"The guy standing beside you in the street has been instantly healed from a life long illness and now you are under conviction about trusting a man who u say doesn't exist."

Stuff like that. This is the kinda of ministry I am praying God will bring me into. A ministry where there is "demonstration of the Spirit and of power"

"And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; "they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." Mark 16:17,18:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Favourite? I don't know about favourite EDIT: favourite proof of Jesus' being real for us. In Australia most people accept that Jesus was real. Why you would surrender your life to someone who may or may not be real now is the direction people need to be approached from here (in Australia).

At the moment, I have been inspired by Jesus' sacrifice to tell creatures "Jesus died for your sins. All you need to do to be free of your sins is to confess Him as your Lord. Everyone needs to confess, either now or later, now or on Judgement Day with the Devil." . Being faced with the possibility of having to confess Jesus as Lord on Judgement Day with the Devil pricks creatures to think seriously about how much strength they really have.

EDIT DELETED - I was mistaken about the guard abandoning the grave.

EDIT: One good proof that I can think of is that people's lives change so much when they give their life to Jesus. If He wasn't real, why would their life change so much?

Upvote 0

Immanuel

Feb 3, 2004
New York City
Visit site
✟8,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I don't think there's a best way or a bad way to witness to people.

I think that every person is different. Everyone learns different, sees things differently, thinks differently, some people are more emotional, some are more logical, etc... the list can go on. Sometimes one line may work for one person, but not another person. I'm sure you get the jest of what I'm saying.

I think the best way to witness to someone is really with the obedience and guidance of the Holy Spirit because it's really him that moves or rocks. It's really God who draws all people to him and the Holy Spirit that convicts people of sin.

I realize that even myself am a bad witness because I refused to do what the Spirit told me to do due to my fear and lack of boldness. I regret that though.

Upvote 0

bennyk

Jun 23, 2006
✟8,227.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Over 500 people saw Jesus after his death and resurrection.

1 witness is enough to prove something in a court of law.

You'd think 500+ would be enough to prove this to every person in the world.

Why would Paul, the disciples, and many early Christians endure persecution and horrible deaths if Jesus wasn't the messiah?

Why would there be such a massive attempt to cover up the resurrection if Jesus was not raised from the dead by God?

Why is it that Jesus is the only one in the history of the world to live a sinless life? And to go further, to be punished for it.

JESUS SAVES!

Praise Jesus!

Upvote 0