Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hello hello. Former Ruby on Rails guy. Now doing front end and back end JavaScript. I turned in a gorgeous and wonderful language so I could have one language to rule them all. Coffeescript makes it less painful, though. I do much angular and node these days.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I suppose you could call me a programmer, though I got deep enough into it to know that it's more than just knowing how to code. It's about solving problems using code.

Java used to be my all-time favorite programming language, and still kind of is - I really like the structure of it. Oracle did some weird proprietary thing with it that has left me skittish about using it for web development, since web development is a commercial use.

(The way they worded the license suggests that I would need to pay Oracle to use it for web design, but the licenses are for large companies. It kinda suggested that Java web hosts would have to pay Oracle instead of individual developers. The ambiguity just left me running away from the whole thing.)

Second favorite language is CSS, which I use for styling like it was intended. It is underrated.

Upvote 0

Alun Lewis

Site Supporter
Sep 1, 2017
Gateshead
✟29,291.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Have recently been writing a couple of websites in React - using NextJS and Gatsby as frameworks. Would quite like to learn Rust - looks like a really excellent replacement for C++.
Am currently on the lookout for a project I can get involved in - perhaps with other Christians.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have forgotten many programming languages. I don't know why, My wife's family does not want me use them. Something about pagan orgins.
1688855857772.png
1688855875031.png
1688855918072.png
1688855896119.png

Upvote 0