Procreation Permit

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dies-l

I'm a eugenicist because you took one quote from 1 person in an entire movement and overgeneralized to the point of slapping a label on me.

"Well the devil likes toast"

"I like toast."

"You're a satanist!"

Now I see why people burned "witches" in Salem....:doh: jeez

No, you are a eugenicist, because you have been advocating for a position that sounds an awful lot like eugenics for this entire thread, and when confronted with a quote that can only reasonably understood as supporting eugenics, you cited your agreement with it.

I was sincerely trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but the more you post, the more evil your idea sounds.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, you are a eugenicist, because you have been advocating for a position that sounds an awful lot like eugenics for this entire thread, and when confronted with a quote that can only reasonably understood as supporting eugenics, you cited your agreement with it.

I was sincerely trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but the more you post, the more evil your idea sounds.

But it's not...because it doesn't mandate any genetic involvement at all.

Just because I agree with a quote means I agree with everything the person says now? The quote makes absolute sense and is right if implemented in a reasonable and just fashion.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
..snip...

Going off the deep end aren't we? :doh: Would you please realize I am taking the quote at face value?

..snip...

, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind...
You stated you agree with that

Upvote 0

Naomanos

Jan 27, 2011
✟8,437.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But it's not...because it doesn't mandate any genetic involvement at all.

Just because I agree with a quote means I agree with everything the person says now? The quote makes absolute sense and is right if implemented in a reasonable and just fashion.

Let me ask you this.

Do you believe that God is the one who controls who gets pregnant and who doesn't?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Guilt? Guilt of what? Being a poor parent? it's not hard to see that a crackhead would make a poor parent BEFORE she gives birth :doh:

You stated you agree with that

Yeah prevent...not exterminate! It would be great if we could prevent uncaring, evil people from creating more uncaring evil people...dont cha think

Upvote 0

Naomanos

Jan 27, 2011
✟8,437.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Guilt? Guilt of what? Being a poor parent? it's not hard to see that a crackhead would make a poor parent BEFORE she gives birth :doh:

Yeah prevent...not exterminate! It would be great if we could prevent uncaring, evil people from creating more uncaring evil people...dont cha think

So, should God just send you to hell because you were once a sinner?

That crack head may get clean and become a model parent. Should the crack head not become a parent because of past mistakes?

I answered your question of me, I would like a reply on my initial question.

Do you think my wife who has MS, who right now could care for a child, but maybe not ten years from now, should be kept from having a child?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Let me ask you this.

Do you believe that God is the one who controls who gets pregnant and who doesn't?

I believe God controls everything...I just don't like child abuse and I advocate stopping it before it becomes a problem. I wish I could think of a better way to do it than this...but I can't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you think my wife who has MS, who right now could care for a child, but maybe not ten years from now, should be kept from having a child?

No, I think she should be allowed to have a child as long as she is caring and loving and is not neglecting and abusive. If she is physically capable of caring for the child...at least for the next few years...then I don't see a problem.

Upvote 0

Naomanos

Jan 27, 2011
✟8,437.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe God controls everything...I just don't like child abuse and I advocate stopping it before it becomes a problem. I wish I could think of a better way to do it than this...but I can't.

So are you saying that God doesn't know what He is doing when He allows someone that you would consider "not a good a parent" to become pregnant that may abuse or hurt the child in anyway?

Upvote 0

Naomanos

Jan 27, 2011
✟8,437.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I think she should be allowed to have a child as long as she is caring and loving and is not neglecting and abusive. If she is physically capable of caring for the child...at least for the next few years...then I don't see a problem.

Thank you for answering.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So are you saying that God doesn't know what He is doing when He allows someone that you would consider "not a good a parent" to become pregnant that may abuse or hurt the child in anyway?

God knows exactly what He's doing. I will pull the Hitler card if I have to ;)

Don't think I am here to discredit the creation of life...I'm not. Heck...get pregnant and have the baby without a permit...it will then go to a good home and not into an abusive one. That's my aim.

Upvote 0

Naomanos

Jan 27, 2011
✟8,437.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Don't think I am here to discredit the creation of life...I'm not. Heck...get pregnant and have the baby without a permit...it will then go to a good home and not into an abusive one. That's my aim.

The problem with that is you don't know who will be abusive who won't based on your arbitrary list of items, rules and tests.

You apparently don't think that God knows what He's doing if all you're going to do is supersede Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nemnar

Mar 15, 2012
✟7,698.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
98, what you are trying to do is prevent an evil in the world, child abuse from happening. There are plenty of evils in this world, all derived from sin. You think God doesn't like when a child is abused, or when someone is murdered, or beaten, raped, or any other ill. You think God could stop that if he wanted to? Of course he could, but that would take away their free will. Your proposal is the same thing, you want to take away rights to stop an evil. Child abuse is terrible, so is murder. Let's just lock everyone up so they can't kill one another. Let's ban all guns, knives, explosives so its much harder to kill one another. Let's just put locks on the private parts of men so they can't rape anyone. The point is, you can't prevent something without taking away something, rights, free will, or you are punishing innocents for the crimes of others. God didn't try to prevent sin, he let man choose sin, then gave the solution.

Upvote 0

phoenixdem

Nov 28, 2010
South Dakota
✟9,080.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

"get pregnant and have the baby without a permit...it will then go to a good home and not into an abusive one"

So you are saying that the permit system should be placed into operation and a person who doesn't get a permit and has a baby will ensure the baby goes to a good home? You are now advocating that a Christian should disobey the laws of the authorities which is in complete opposition with the teachings found in the New Testament including Christ Himself.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"get pregnant and have the baby without a permit...it will then go to a good home and not into an abusive one"

So you are saying that the permit system should be placed into operation and a person who doesn't get a permit and has a baby will ensure the baby goes to a good home? You are now advocating that a Christian should disobey the laws of the authorities which is in complete opposition with the teachings found in the New Testament including Christ Himself.

But it's for the CHILDREN !!!!

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
98, what you are trying to do is prevent an evil in the world, child abuse from happening. There are plenty of evils in this world, all derived from sin. You think God doesn't like when a child is abused, or when someone is murdered, or beaten, raped, or any other ill. You think God could stop that if he wanted to? Of course he could, but that would take away their free will. Your proposal is the same thing, you want to take away rights to stop an evil. Child abuse is terrible, so is murder. Let's just lock everyone up so they can't kill one another. Let's ban all guns, knives, explosives so its much harder to kill one another. Let's just put locks on the private parts of men so they can't rape anyone. The point is, you can't prevent something without taking away something, rights, free will, or you are punishing innocents for the crimes of others. God didn't try to prevent sin, he let man choose sin, then gave the solution.

By those sentiments...there's no need for laws at all then.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Here we go again...now I'm advocating lawlessness...I'm not, I'm openly examining all angles here...and there's two sides to every coin.

The problem with that is you don't know who will be abusive who won't based on your arbitrary list of items, rules and tests.

You apparently don't think that God knows what He's doing if all you're going to do is supersede Him.

hahaha...you can't supersede GOD...that's propitious! He ordains all things does He not?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
D

dies-l

I dont find it evil. What's evil about protecting children?

This isn't about protecting children. Nothing in your plan would protect children. There is much about your plan that would severely harm children and stifle the basic human rights of anyone that society would consider undesirable. That is evil, pure and simple. Your motives might be good, but your suggested approach is far from it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.