Problem in Faith- need help!!!

10o.o01

Nov 28, 2009
✟15,127.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So, lately in the past couple of months, I've had some pretty serious issues with my faith. And over time, I had more and more trouble believing, until one day I woke up and I had no faith left. I'm reading the Bible, I'm going to church, I'm trying to stop my long-term sins, but nothing's helping. What I really want to do is to talk to my parents or my youth minister about it. The problem is, I have no idea how to breach the subject. I don't want to ruin my parent's Christmas by telling them I'm not sure what I believe, but at the same time I'm so miserable I don't think I can go on living like this without talking to somebody. I miss God, and I miss believing in God, and I want my parents to tell me that it's okay and they'll help me, but I'm so scared to say these words out loud because then there's no going back. What should I do? What should I say?

Kixa

:Possession of God:
Jan 8, 2010
New Jersey
✟9,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, saying something is better than keeping it all in. If your parents are Christains, then they should be open and glad to hear what you have to say. And since this life is so fragile, holding it off might cost you everything.
I know that one can't make themself have more faith, and reading the Bible, going to Church, and praying can feel routine and worthless. But still, these are very important things to keep on doing!
I do hope and pray that you do find your purpose one way or another.
I suggest reading Ephesians...and 2 Corinthians 5:10 is one of my favorites.
:)

Reactions: UnionJack
Upvote 0

UnionJack

Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
Toronto
✟16,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello.

If you still believe that there is a God, that he sent his Son to save us, and he was resurrected 3 days later, then you are not lost.

Remember, the only thing that drives us away from God is sin. I know what you are feeling, emptiness when you pray.

Keep praying, no matter how empty it feels. Read His word everyday, and most importantly repent. It will take away that barrier from you and God. If all else fails, fast. From personal experience, fasting does help you get closer with God when you have slid away too much. Try it, but not like a 10 hour fast, go for 24 hour or the 30 hour famine. Wish you best of luck.

Upvote 0

Stjernkvist

disciple
Jan 12, 2010
Sweden
Visit site
✟16,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi, i've been there, i've gained a week believe in God, but now i was reborn in the name of Jesus and building up my Believing on a new stability.

Read luke 8:4-15
There it spoke to me, that the seed reached me but i was the seed that ended in the thorns.

Some how it feels like you are among the seeds that fell on the rock.
13Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root...
Just make a new ground of your believing, Pray to him, and read the bible.

Talk to your Pastor, youth minister or any person believing person that have great knowledge in the bible, talking to your parents can be hard. But they maybe know you best and know how to help you to find the Faith in God again.
I could pray for you if you want, pray for you to find the path back to God.

Upvote 0

Forsakenfaith

Lone Wanderer
Feb 13, 2010
Lost among the
✟15,124.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
First, find 15-20 mins a day when its just yourself.
Then meditate,
let your mind wander
Pray if you wish.
Talk openly to god, even though he knows what you want to say,
its best to get it off your back.
Think about the miracles of life.
From a snowflake invidually created
To a couple waiting the arrival of a new life
To hold in their arms.
Think about the stars, the endless vast space..
All created by him.
We owe our lives to him.
Our lives are forfeit the day we are born.
Think about what makes you happy,
and know that, that hapiness comes from him.

Thats all the advice i could give, Its what I do.
even though I have not found faith.
I believe in god.

Upvote 0

Anonymousftw

Mar 13, 2010
✟7,618.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
You should do what you fell is right. If you want to, why not sample the other religions, even breathe in some of of the anchient ones (like ancient egypt, GO HATHOR!!!) The world is a place entirely of your own making. Me? Im a athiest theologist (no qualification, too young, but im up there with the big ones) from Australia and i havent even got my HSC yet (the exam you take at the end of school). this is kinda weird since i am an athiest who studies god, but i have recently had an ephifiny (whilst researching EnKi, Sumerian god of the water (my belief is that he actually was the snake in Eden, but was not the stereotypical devil, but actually a the deity who actually created human life. Enki symbol was a double entwined serpent - a.k.a DNA!!!)) Anyway, do whatever you feel you should be doing and good luck

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

YoDude

Feb 25, 2010
Texas
✟7,934.00
Faith
Christian
You should do what you fell is right. If you want to, why not sample the other religions, even breathe in some of of the anchient ones (like ancient egypt, GO HATHOR!!!) The world is a place entirely of your own making. Me? Im a athiest theologist (no qualification, too young, but im up there with the big ones) from Australia and i havent even got my HSC yet (the exam you take at the end of school). this is kinda weird since i am an athiest who studies god, but i have recently had an ephifiny (whilst researching EnKi, Sumerian god of the water (my belief is that he actually was the snake in Eden, but was not the stereotypical devil, but actually a the deity who actually created human life. Enki symbol was a double entwined serpent - a.k.a DNA!!!)) Anyway, do whatever you feel you should be doing and good luck

Hope this helps :)

This post is an excellent base upon which an great conversion story could emerge, 'I had some crazy ideas, then I received the Holy Spirit, and my eyes were opened; wow, I really was out there'.

Seriously, though, don't panic over 'falling away'. Becoming a christian is a journey, at first you may be riding a magic carpet of love and understanding, then you come down off the high (maybe 2 years later), and your life becomes stale, you don't get that same high. Well, sir, don't chase that high, be vigilant, be prayerful, be patient. When you enter a desert, at its beginning edge, you don't know how far it is to the other side. But, you have to cross it, you are predestined to follow a path, so follow it, God has a plan, he is still with you, open your eyes each day and look for his provision, be thankful and glad that you were called, but endure these dry times. It is not a competition, who can be the best christian, it is your vessel, your mind, your problems, your personal relationship with the Lord, don't compare your journey or walk to another's, your gift is there, perhaps undiscovered, this time in the desert may be nuturing your gifts for a later use. Don't second guess God's plan, just follow it, and be patient.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

solarwave

this is pretty lame.... jus so you know I am 17, all my life I was forced to go to church, 3 years ago I told my parents I couldnt go on, and that I was an open atheist. I support gay marriage, and I have a girlfriend. I plan to have sex in college, but safely. I have no intenttion of insulting anybody here, yet I want to tell you: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH NOT HAVING FAITH!! if you have the ability to think, then use it. Wander and question your religion, not bieleving in god does not affect your morale.

I don't know how your deconversion (or if you ever really believed) but for some people God is the core of their lives and the framework of their mind and outlook on life. If you love God then find yourself losing faith it can completely shatter the way you see the world, 'it feels just like falling'. So in what way it is lame to fear ones losing of faith I don't know.

Not wanting to talk to you like that, but I think we have to be sensative with issues like this, even if we disagree.

You say there is nothing wrong with not having faith, but that is only if Christianity is wrong. I salvation and a relationship with the Creator of the universe is only through Jesus Christ then faith really does matter.

What did you mean by "not bieleving in god does not affect your morale"?

Solarwave :thumbsup:

Upvote 0