Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Good grief!

Of course, it should really come as no surprise.

Mr. Robinson left his wife and two young daughters in 1986 and moved in with another man. He was elected bishop by state and clergy delegates in June 2003 and affirmed by the national convention two months later.

Now he's giving pep talks to Planned Barrenhood.

They must be getting desperate for guest speakers at Banned Parenthood conventions.

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had heard that Planned Barrenhood had acquired its own tame "clergyman." There's a bit in the article that mentions him.

The Rev. Ignacio Castuera, a Methodist and Planned Parenthood's national chaplain, said he is trying to increase the size of their clergy network, which currently has 1,400 pastors and clergy.
Working with clergy on the West and East coasts is easy, Mr. Castuera said, "but when you move further into the country it gets harder. ... In the center of the country we have a lot more conservative perspectives on the Bible and sex."

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Maximus said:
I had heard that Planned Barrenhood had acquired its own tame "clergyman." There's a bit in the article that mentions him.

There are plenty of them, Maximus.

http://www.rcrc.org

(How appropriate that the bottom of their logo looks like a pitchfork! ^_^ Shows that they are definitely satanic!)

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matrona said:
There are plenty of them, Maximus.

http://www.rcrc.org

(How appropriate that the bottom of their logo looks like a pitchfork! ^_^ Shows that they are definitely satanic!)

Oi weh!

That site was a bit sparse on naming names.

I saw Presbyterian, Baptist, UCC, and Episcopal ministers mentioned, a Rabbi, and even a female "Roman Catholic theologian" (yeah, sure).

Most of the "reverends" whose names were mentioned were liberal Protestant females.

It's all so gross.

Upvote 0

ufonium2

Seriously, stop killing kids.
Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
✟12,536.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sickening, but not at all surprising. But, look on the bright side. According to him we're all going to heaven, even people who don't believe in God and spend their life convincing scared teenage girls to kill their unborn children. So that's a load off our minds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

Rilian

Konstantinos said:
A Homosexual Bishop????? How Disturbing!!!! We are in a sad state....

Here's the former bishop of San Francisco getting "married" a few years back. Notice he is in clerical attire.

Greg, the ECUSA is quite happy to advertise their position, take a look at their official site. That article mentions the Rev. Katharine Ragsdale, read more about her here.

This is a multi denominational issue though as this illustrates.

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rilian said:
Here's the former bishop of San Francisco getting "married" a few years back. Notice he is in clerical attire.

Greg, the ECUSA is quite happy to advertise their position, take a look at their official site. That article mentions the Rev. Katharine Ragsdale, read more about her here.

This is a multi denominational issue though as this illustrates.

Oh, loverly!

Anyone for 2 Thessalonians 2?

Upvote 0

ufonium2

Seriously, stop killing kids.
Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
✟12,536.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rilian said:

Umm, why is there fire under the links in the left frame of that page? Seems an odd choice for a church website. I mean, I know they are big on pushing the envelope, but being pro-hell is far out even for them:scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
ufonium2 said:
Umm, why is there fire under the links in the left frame of that page? Seems an odd choice for a church website. I mean, I know they are big on pushing the envelope, but being pro-hell is far out even for them:scratch:

You noticed that too, eh?

It might be worth remembering that these are our bedfellows in that great big happy family, the World Council of Churches.

Cozy, isn't it?

:scratch:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.