Pro-life battle wins one!

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
:clap:

The boycott called on the company that bought pampered chef has come to an end. Due to increased pressure and loss of sales from their support of the abortion industry, they have now decided to disband all "charitable" contributions. This is a huge blow to the murder mills as they were donating millions to the slaughter of babies. PRAISE GOD!

La Bonita Zorilla

Diana's Quiver Bearer
Mar 25, 2003
New York
Visit site
✟2,855.00
Faith
Methodist
ByGrace said:
: they have now decided to disband all "charitable" contributions.

ONE WOULD HAVE TO BE BLIND to not see the irony in this. The previous owner, Investor Warren Buffet, donated generously to hundreds of nonprofits.

This is a huge blow to the murder mills as they were donating millions to the slaughter of babies. PRAISE GOD!

Actually it isn't. Charitable contributions fund family planning and gynecological health services at Planned Parenthood, the agency in question. Abortion services are NOT provided on a sliding scale; everyone who obtains one there pays the same for it, the only exception being victims of rape and incest who may obtain abortions without cost. However, even this is not paid for by PP; that's paid for by a specific foundation set up to cover those costs; people donating to that know exactly what they are donating for. FWIW costs of running a Planned Parenthood clinic would be significantly reduced were it not for the cost of security against terrorists who have bombed clinics and murdered staff. So the only people ultimately hurt by this are poor women who want birth control.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Aren't there other clinics and organizations where poor women can receive birth control services? Planned Parenthood is not the only one, just the gorilla (pardon!) on the block. I know in my small town in Fla. there are several places where poor women can get gyn. services!

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
ByGrace said:

The boycott called on the company that bought pampered chef has come to an end. Due to increased pressure and loss of sales from their support of the abortion industry, they have now decided to disband all "charitable" contributions. This is a huge blow to the murder mills as they were donating millions to the slaughter of babies. PRAISE GOD!
can we get a link to read more about this?

Upvote 0
ByGrace said:

They will probably funnel money to some subsidiary who will continue the funding in the future under another name. :(

Upvote 0

ByGrace

Jul 18, 2003
Salt Lake City
✟1,928.00
Faith
Christian
La Bonita Zorilla said:
Actually it isn't. Charitable contributions fund family planning and gynecological health services at Planned Parenthood, the agency in question. Abortion services are NOT provided on a sliding scale; everyone who obtains one there pays the same for it, the only exception being victims of rape and incest who may obtain abortions without cost. However, even this is not paid for by PP; that's paid for by a specific foundation set up to cover those costs; people donating to that know exactly what they are donating for. FWIW costs of running a Planned Parenthood clinic would be significantly reduced were it not for the cost of security against terrorists who have bombed clinics and murdered staff. So the only people ultimately hurt by this are poor women who want birth control.

Maybe "poor women" and all the others should consider the lifestyle they lead that leads them to need birth control. This is a wonderful thing and even if other organizations lose money from this company, at least they wont be slaughtering babies. Might go buy me a new knife from them just to show I am happy. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

La Bonita Zorilla

Diana's Quiver Bearer
Mar 25, 2003
New York
Visit site
✟2,855.00
Faith
Methodist
ByGrace said:
Maybe "poor women" and all the others should consider the lifestyle they lead that leads them to need birth control.

Which "lifestyle" is that? :( Many poor women are married to but one man their entire lifetime. My mother was. You should think twice before making such classist staements.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums