Pro-LGBT priest promotes ‘rainbow’ rosary with prayers for ‘full acceptance’ of gay couples

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pro-LGBT priest promotes ‘rainbow’ rosary with prayers for ‘full acceptance’ of gay couples
From Lifesite

Link:

Excerpt:

December 6, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Pro-LGBT Jesuit priest Fr. James Martin is promoting on social media a rosary with “rainbow” beads for one of the decades which are to be used, the rosary’s creators say, to pray for the “full acceptance” of homosexual couples.

The “Rosary of Modern Sorrows,” created by a so-called Catholic social justice group Contemplative Rebellion, “invites us into guided meditation on the pain and suffering of our brothers and sisters in the U.S. and around the world,” the group’s website states. The group says it creates religious “pieces of jewelry” to “break down the barriers that separate faith, race, social status, and income inequality.”

The suggested prayer for the “rainbow” fifth decade states: "We pray for a welcoming of LGBTQ people by all churches, temples, mosques, and synagogues. We pray for LGBTQ couples, their children, and extended families. We Pray that they may be supported and loved, with full acceptance as people truly created in the image of God, a creation that God saw as ‘good', and who deserve to live every aspect of life to the fullest.”

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From Lifesite

Link:

Excerpt:

December 6, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Pro-LGBT Jesuit priest Fr. James Martin is promoting on social media a rosary with “rainbow” beads for one of the decades which are to be used, the rosary’s creators say, to pray for the “full acceptance” of homosexual couples.

The “Rosary of Modern Sorrows,” created by a so-called Catholic social justice group Contemplative Rebellion, “invites us into guided meditation on the pain and suffering of our brothers and sisters in the U.S. and around the world,” the group’s website states. The group says it creates religious “pieces of jewelry” to “break down the barriers that separate faith, race, social status, and income inequality.”

The suggested prayer for the “rainbow” fifth decade states: "We pray for a welcoming of LGBTQ people by all churches, temples, mosques, and synagogues. We pray for LGBTQ couples, their children, and extended families. We Pray that they may be supported and loved, with full acceptance as people truly created in the image of God, a creation that God saw as ‘good', and who deserve to live every aspect of life to the fullest.”

So, accept into all churches what can rationally be described as an intentional, persistent, accepted, way of life, sinful behavior?

To be sure, the Church should be open to all sinners, but not, as suggested above, to accept as permissible, and allow to occur by church members, an intentional, persistent, way of life, sinful behavior.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The intent to welcome all to the Christian community is really positive.
Then they should add beads for all the unrepentant categories. Add a bead for swindlers and one for whoremongers. Why not!?

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I agree with you. I must say that it's a refreshing change from the news stories we usually hear of Christians using their biblical beliefs as an excuse to discriminate against LGBT people. I think it's also refreshing to see Christians treating LGBT Christians with respect and dignity instead of casting stones at them in judgment. I think that's an unusual occurence in churches and it should be commended.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
People of all walks of life should be able to sit on the same pew. People should be treated with the love of Christ no matter what. Where i disagree is leaders within the church who teach, preach the Word of God and are held to higher standards, which I believe they should be. Leaders should preach the Word, live the Word and not try to fit the Word to any agenda, whether it is LGBT or common law marriage or anything else which the Word preaches against. No one, however, should ever be discriminated against for any reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you. I must say that it's a refreshing change from the news stories we usually hear of Christians using their biblical beliefs as an excuse to discriminate against LGBT people. I think it's also refreshing to see Christians treating LGBT Christians with respect and dignity instead of casting stones at them in judgment. I think that's an unusual occurence in churches and it should be commended.

John 8:11
She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more."

The bolded part is what people often forget.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If that were the only intent it would be but it seems to me that the intent is also to change Christian theology in order to conform to a specific group's preferences.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If that were the only intent it would be but it seems to me that the intent is also to change Christian theology in order to conform to a specific group's preferences.

That is what I see. Inclusion should not mean to change the Word.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I would have to know more about the Priest's intent personally before even going there.

The bible forbids plenty of things that people in the pews are engaging in now. It doesn't have to do with any group preferences either. Although I understand your questioning it.

For example, drunkards. No doubt they have alcoholics in the crowd. Adulterers. Premarital sex. The list goes on.

Are their unforgiving, judgemental individuals within the church? For sure! Those are the ones normally pointed out as the 'norm', and humble souls are normally passed over as an anomaly. lol we all know that conforming, specific stereotype that loves to be passed around don't we?!

I'm praying if the intent is as as it should be? That he finds support and encouragement.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From Lifesite

Link:

Excerpt:

Say what you will about it, it certainly is quite lovely. :wave:
Rainbow_Rosary_645_524_75.jpg

tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Say what you will about it, it certainly is quite lovely. :wave:
Rainbow_Rosary_645_524_75.jpg

tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:
Don’t think this is sanctioned by the Vatican. ;)

God calls sinners to repent. It seems what’s controversial with these beads is that they are promoting of the church to accept unrepentant sin.

Thought I would add that. :preach:

The Gospel of Christ’s atoning work and life everlasting for all those who believe is the General call to all.
Those whose call is effectual leading them to repentance unto life will put away their old selves and put on the new creation. :preach:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would have to know more about the Priest's intent personally before even going there.
It’s made clear here:

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It’s made clear here:

"We Pray that they may be supported and loved, with full acceptance as people truly created in the image of God, a creation that God saw as ‘good', and who deserve to live every aspect of life to the fullest.”

Nothing about forgiveness of sin or conversion away from it.

Upvote 0

Reconciliation and Truth

Nov 4, 2018
Midwest
✟19,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is nothing wrong with that.

It is carefully worded.

"We pray for a welcoming of LGBTQ people by all churches" - people, not lifestyles.

"We pray for LGBTQ couples, their children, and extended families." - You shouldn't hold back prayer for anyone.

"We Pray that they may be supported and loved, with full acceptance as people truly created in the image of God, a creation that God saw as ‘good', and who deserve to live every aspect of life to the fullest.” - They are created in the image of God. Nothing you do can erase that.
They are not saying God actually made them sexually different.

Upvote 0