✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pro-abortion Joe Biden announces entry into 2020 presidential race

“We are in the battle for the soul of this nation,” Biden declared. “I believe history will look back on four years of this president and all he embraces as an aberrant moment in time. But if we give Donald Trump eight years in the White House, he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation — who we are — and I cannot stand by and watch that happen.”

Conservatives argue that Biden’s own political values would present a far starker challenge to the soul of the nation. He began his Senate career as a relative moderate on abortion, but by the mid-2000s generally voted in lockstep with Planned Parenthood and NARAL. As former President Barack Obama’s running mate, Biden spent eight years in what was arguably the most pro-abortion administration in American history.

Biden, who claims to be an observant Catholic, told America Magazine in 2015 that he was “prepared to accept as a matter of faith” that "at the moment of conception there's human life and being,” but wasn’t prepared to “impose" a "rigid" or "precise" view on abortion that was "born out of my faith” (ignoring that science is equally conclusive on when life begins).

During a 2011 speech before a Chinese audience, Biden went so far as to assure them that while China’s one-child policy was unsustainable, he “fully understand” and was “not second-guessing” the practice of forcing families into abortion and sterilization.

Biden’s presidential aspirations hit a snag last month when Lucy Flores, the 2014 Democrat nominee for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada, accused him of grabbing her shoulders, sniffing her hair, and kissing the back of her head at a campaign event, all without her consent. The charge (which the Biden camp claimed not to recall) invited the media to review Biden’s long history of inappropriate touching of women.

Part of difference is that Joe Biden is now perceived as insufficiently-liberal by some elements of 2019’s Democrat Party, particularly as a white man running against multiple female and minority candidates. Biden ran afoul of such activists again last month when they attacked him for calling Vice President Mike Pence a “decent guy,” which Biden quickly retracted by declaring, “there is nothing decent about being anti-LGBTQ rights.”

Remainder of the article here: Pro-abortion Joe Biden announces entry into 2020 presidential race

• Informative
Reactions: ChicanaRose

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if we give Donald Trump eight years in the White House, he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation — who we are — and I cannot stand by and watch that happen.”

Lets see Trump won't allow $150B to be given to Iran, won't do an apologizing tour around the world, more people will have jobs which means fewer on Welfare and Food stamps, and Joe Biden thinks this is a bad thing?? :doh:

Oh BTW Joe a bunch of world leaders didn't call you and beg you to save the world by turning this country back over to swamp dwellers, so I think it's about time you just faded away Joe and remained quiet before you embarrass yourself even more. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know quite a number of people who are pro-choice, I am one myself, but I have never ever met anyone who was pro-abortion. There are proven ways to reduce the abortion rate but sadly the pro-life people have chosen not to co-operate.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know quite a number of people who are pro-choice, I am one myself, but I have never ever met anyone who was pro-abortion. There are proven ways to reduce the abortion rate but sadly the pro-life people have chosen not to co-operate.
I think what was meant was pro abortion rights.

Upvote 0

tulipbee

Worker of the Hive
Apr 27, 2006
✟25,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

“We are in the battle for the soul of this nation,” Biden declared. “I believe history will look back on four years of this president and all he embraces as an aberrant moment in time. But if we give Donald Trump eight years in the White House, he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation — who we are — and I cannot stand by and watch that happen.”

Conservatives argue that Biden’s own political values would present a far starker challenge to the soul of the nation. He began his Senate career as a relative moderate on abortion, but by the mid-2000s generally voted in lockstep with Planned Parenthood and NARAL. As former President Barack Obama’s running mate, Biden spent eight years in what was arguably the most pro-abortion administration in American history.

Biden, who claims to be an observant Catholic, told America Magazine in 2015 that he was “prepared to accept as a matter of faith” that "at the moment of conception there's human life and being,” but wasn’t prepared to “impose" a "rigid" or "precise" view on abortion that was "born out of my faith” (ignoring that science is equally conclusive on when life begins).

During a 2011 speech before a Chinese audience, Biden went so far as to assure them that while China’s one-child policy was unsustainable, he “fully understand” and was “not second-guessing” the practice of forcing families into abortion and sterilization.

Biden’s presidential aspirations hit a snag last month when Lucy Flores, the 2014 Democrat nominee for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada, accused him of grabbing her shoulders, sniffing her hair, and kissing the back of her head at a campaign event, all without her consent. The charge (which the Biden camp claimed not to recall) invited the media to review Biden’s long history of inappropriate touching of women.

Part of difference is that Joe Biden is now perceived as insufficiently-liberal by some elements of 2019’s Democrat Party, particularly as a white man running against multiple female and minority candidates. Biden ran afoul of such activists again last month when they attacked him for calling Vice President Mike Pence a “decent guy,” which Biden quickly retracted by declaring, “there is nothing decent about being anti-LGBTQ rights.”

Remainder of the article here: Pro-abortion Joe Biden announces entry into 2020 presidential race
america isn't catholic. theres a difference between state and church. state is for the people. the church is for the Christians

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

You can't be a Democrat and be prolife, you can't be a Catholic and be prochoice, I can see how that might be a bit of a dilemma. I honestly wasn't expecting Biden to announce since the kind of sex scandal he encountered, what that sort of thing does within the Democrat party, is like playing with sweaty dynamite. I think he will help elevate the debate considerably, much more so then Sanders or Clinton were capable of but not nearly as polished as Obama. Pope Benedict published a letter about the sex scandals of the Roman Catholic church and as one would expect, he emphasized moral judgment. Strangely I felt that failed to address the real issue there which was the policy of the Roman Catholic church to sweep such embarrassing incidents under the rug.

In all this it's easy to see morality as a key issue, looking at it that way a discerning eye might start to see dragons in the architecture. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those dragons aren't real. I think it's equally important to realize, there are administrative, legal and policy issues that are vastly more complicated then straight forward moral judgments. He's right that this will be an historical election and a lot hanging in the balance, but I don't think the key here is Trump's antics. I think it's the tendency of both parties to wield unyielding power, to truly address that we do not just moralize about the opposition but look critically within ourselves.

That said, it's a long way to 2020 but apparently, the race just got a little more interesting. Biden looks like the only centrist in the group.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think Biden's stance is much of a liability. 1/3 of all Americans don't even identify as Christian anymore, and among those that are Christians, opinions on the legality of abortion are divided. Among Catholics, a plurality identify as strongly pro-choice in most polls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Ttalkkugjil
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a Democrat, but I am a liberal and I'm also pro-life.
I guess in our political lexicon that makes you an independent liberal. I think the comments dealt mainly with Democrats.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the late. His son current US Senator Bob Casey is also a oro life Democrat. The hard coal region of Pennsylvania is strongly Democrat. It is also strongly pro life.
Not to be a stickler but I have 8 fingers left after counting these two.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not to be a stickler but I have 8 fingers left after counting these two.
What about “the hard coal region of PA” don’t you understand? Surprise—it has cities and boroughs and townships (i.e. lots of people)

Upvote 0