Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Can't they show their disgust towards the Catholic Church without doing that? There are plenty of things I don't like or don't agree with; I don't respond to them by burning things. These people just seem unhinged. Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How many progressive Catholics, in order to show solidarity, would actually do this? Maybe it's time for Joe Biden and other progressive Catholics to take a stand with the left and repudiate their Church and it's teachings on sexual morality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
While I think that burning things in a way that doesn't endanger other people is a valid way of free speech, that only extends to your own property.

The eucharist is obviously the property of the catholic church, so this should be a no-go.

Now, if they only want to burn some pieces of bread looking like the eucharist, I don't see a problem, and I don't see why catholic people would, either.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many progressive Catholics, in order to show solidarity, would actually do this? Maybe it's time for Joe Biden and other progressive Catholics to take a stand with the left and repudiate their Church and it's teachings on sexual morality.
Good question. Where is their treasure?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's the body of Christ.
Will they really burn it after transsubstantiation?

How will they get a hold of it? Break into the church? Knock out the pastor and run?

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

How will they get a hold of it? Break into the church? Knock out the pastor and run?
As an usher at a Catholic church, I have seen people come up for communion, then put the Holy Host in their pocket and run out the door. Satan worshippers do that too.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Easiest way would be to get progressive Catholics or infiltrators to willingly burn the Eucharist once they receive it. I imagine there are some liberal clergy out there, who give the Eucharist to anyone who approaches.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
As an usher at a Catholic church, I have seen people come up for communion, then put the Holy Host in their pocket and run out the door. Satan worshippers do that too.
Seems silly.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Seems silly.
What's silly about opposition to religion? To burn a consecrated host is the peak of insults one could do to the Catholic Church. People engage in these sorts of symbolic acts all the time against people or groups they disagree with.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It would be hard for a non-believer to understand. God's way is far above our way.

[Jesus said] "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day." John 6:54

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,675.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What's silly about opposition to religion? To burn a consecrated host is the peak of insults one could do to the Catholic Church. People engage in these sorts of symbolic acts all the time against people or groups they disagree with.
I don't think opposing religion is silly.

Just that dashing away with a piece of bread and setting it on fire seems a bit silly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't think opposing religion is silly.

Just that dashing away with a piece of bread and setting it on fire seems a bit silly.
Except it's not just a piece of bread. It's the body and blood of Christ and to desecrate it is the height of opposition. There's nothing silly in that. Catholics, upon seeing that ought to be rightfully furious. They ought to oppose this with every ounce of spiritual fiber they can muster.

Spiritual concerns are not laughing matters or silly. They matter.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,237.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

From the article/tweet:

"We will remain outraged after this weekend, so keep praying," they said. "We’ll be burning the Eucharist to show our disgust for the abuse Catholic Churches have condoned for centuries."

Where did the actual individual who tweeted state it had anything to do with abortion? I know the journalist said it did, where did the individual threatening burning say it was related to abortion?

The tweet author was responding to someone who is actually praying for the pro-choice protestors as she hopes they have a change of heart. I am not sure I see a correlation to the person tweeting being pro-choice, and I prefer to take her at her word, she will be protesting abuse in the Catholic church if she actually follows through.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It is to the people doing it.
Not to the Catholics and that's more important. If you are going to destroy someone's sacred symbols or rites then it's tantamount to declaring a war.

Catholics should be prepared to defend the body and blood of Christ from these people .

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Can't they show their disgust towards the Catholic Church without doing that? There are plenty of things I don't like or don't agree with; I don't respond to them by burning things. These people just seem unhinged. Lord have mercy.
Considering they couldn't really mobilize anything but an invasion in LA, a blockade in NYC, and an arson in Wisconsin, I don't think they have much of a future. But this 'burning the Eucharist' is threatened sacrilege and veiled threatened arson. It might be that the Democratic machine couldn't actually close it's eyes to arson. We'll see.

We will also see if some of the fringe of the fringe will try arson. My bet is that we already have an arsonist cell in Wisconsin and we might see another two or three. But that's about it. This IS the REAL domestic terrorism.

• Agree
Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0