• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Privacy?

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by mukk_in, Sep 23, 2019.

1. mukk_in

mukk_in Yankees Fan Supporter

+3,546
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    Matthew 5:14-16

You are the light of the world.....

We all love our privacy and little social circles. But as Christians we have no right to isolate ourselves from the world. It's one thing to flee from danger or persecution, and it's another thing to shun the world entirely because we're afraid of being tainted by sin.

Are we the light of the world saints or do we enjoy our private little clubs?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. -Sasha-

-Sasha- Handmaid of God

+453
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Some people have more spiritual strength and wisdom than others do. Where one might not be negatively affected by interacting with a crowd of blaspheming atheists, another might have their faith shaken by it. It's important to take stock of yourself and honestly recognize which camp you fall into, and show discernment in what you expose yourself to, recognize whether it will cause your soul damage, and also not to fall into pride if you have the fortitude to bear it...because that strength is a gift to you from God. Yes, we are called the light of the world, and told that one doesn't hide the light under a barrel... But we also don't want that light to become darkness or the salt to lose its savour.

There was a saying from a hermit monk who lived in Egypt, when he was complimented for how strictly he lived, that said he lived in the desert because of his weakness, and it was Christians who lived in the world who were the strong ones. So for the people who can do so and not lose their faith, it is a great thing. But I also think care should be taken not to insult those who have to separate themselves, or those who stumble because they try to stay "in the world" but can't manage it well.

3. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+4,835
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    There was a time when most of my associations were believers. But it wasn’t profitable for me to remain in that state. I needed a form of iron I wasn’t getting. I needed to be challenged and that wasn’t happening. And I was developing a rose-colored perspective that needed to change.

I’m significantly more tolerant and compassionate now. I’m more demonstrative in acts of love and kindness. And I’m willing to confront hypocrisy and unChristlike behavior without fear. Moving outside of familiar circles taught me love and how to love my neighbor in ways I’d never experienced.

4. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,668
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I agree. Some self reflection and understanding of where we are in our spiritual walk is impossible. We all have strengths and weaknesses.

5. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+1,013
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Even Jesus isolated himself from others at times for prayer, fellowship, just thinking, etc., and maybe reading the scriptures in a Temple.