Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen Brother, I have had the same problem here, Many of our guys have nowhere to go, so they return to the same old habits. I pray that more churches will get involved with this.

I'd like to see a solid multi-denominational network of churches who are trained, ready, and willing to welcome felons into their congregations, so that when a man or woman gets out of prison they can know right where to go where their past won't prevent them from being fully welcomed into a church family.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
issues with grief, guilt, fear are great commonalities, but keep your boundaries/don't reveal anything personal/be discerning and don't come "needy" because they will sense that and they are not there to fill your needs!

that's not fair to them; don't put them in that position; therefore, come with your tanks full, not needy- spiritually, emotionally, sexually needy, bc that's not what they are there for.

be careful to observe all the prisons particular rules and regulations, for example a rule might be that you cannot mail a letter for an inmate.

and why do you think that would be?

Upvote 0

Molly Robbie

Aug 16, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
✟7,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We had prison ministry component in France, one thing I'd point out, is it's surprising how open many of the inmates are to it, in our experience, more than most people on the outside. Although some inmates are hardened criminals, most are not, they're normal people who've made some mistakes, or feel left behind by society unfairly. The prison ministries help to show, there is a world outside that cares about them and sees them as individuals. Emphasize this, they're not alone and the prison ministry is one of their sole sources of support and respect, and they will respond with respect and want to know more

Upvote 0