W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are the results of Abiding in Christ and Christ Abiding on us?

I believe we have peace and contentment along with happiness. Although life still has its moments of internal struggle as well. At least that's my experience. The apostle Paul says that he glories in distress so he must have had times of distress, and it must be normal I think.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe we have peace and contentment along with happiness. Although life still has its moments of internal struggle as well. At least that's my experience. The apostle Paul says that he glories in distress so he must have had times of distress, and it must be normal I think.

I would like to add if I may that we also have an abundance of Thanks. At times it just pours out of us. Sometimes when that happens you are filled with awe and Wonder at just how Great God is.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would like to add if I may that we also have an abundance of Thanks. At times it just pours out of us. Sometimes when that happens you are filled with awe and Wonder at just how Great God is.

Amen.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, I guess loves doesn't just come through perseverance, but its needed at times. I don't know really, I'm a man who fights many battles of the mind and I find the need to persevere often, but I have experienced great sensations of joy at times, and love.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Amen. I believe love comes with perseverance perhaps. That's what the scriptures seem to say anyway.

I have had a really tough week. Not for any reason but having recently returned to the Lord and losing the ability to feel His Spirit in me this last week left me bereft and despondant.

Thankfully the Lord took pity on me and sent me Romans 8:38-39 to confirm I wasn't alone. I have prayed about my lack of love this week. Tonight I have been filled to the brim and I felt the love pouring out with the thanks. Love in abundance towards all my fellow Christians, to my Heavenly Father, even towards those I have to try to forgive. I think it can be linked to the Holy Spirit too.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,917.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you've had a difficult week. Really glad that Yahweh has touched you though.

From The Vinedresser, "Is it possible to be in Christ yet produce no fruit? John 15:2 may seem to say that the Vinedresser cuts off every barren branch, but we need to look more closely at the words "takes away." This Greek verb, airo, actually means "to lift from the ground," "to lift so as to carry," and "to carry off." The translation "takes away" suggests cutting off, but in Greek literature, airo never means "cut off." "Lifts up" or "raises" is more correct in terms of vinedressing.

In his book, Secrets of the Vine, Dr. Bruce Wilkinson has a conversation with a vineyard owner from Northern California, who says, "New branches have a natural tendency to trail down and grow along the ground, but they don't bear fruit down there. When branches grow along the ground, the leaves get coated in dust. When it rains, they get muddy and mildewed. The branch becomes sick and useless."

Dr. Wilkinson, thinking about John 15:2, asks, "What do you do, cut it off and throw it away?"

"Oh, no," the vineyard owner replies, "the branch is much too valuable for that. We go through the vineyard with a bucket of water, looking for those branches. We lift them up and wash them off. Then we wrap them around the trellis or tie them up. Pretty soon, they're thriving."

Are we not more valuable to our Vinedresser than branches in a vineyard?"
excerpt from this source http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.CGGWeekly/ID/320/Vinedresser.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry you've had a difficult week. Really glad that Yahweh has touched you though.

From The Vinedresser, "Is it possible to be in Christ yet produce no fruit? John 15:2 may seem to say that the Vinedresser cuts off every barren branch, but we need to look more closely at the words "takes away." This Greek verb, airo, actually means "to lift from the ground," "to lift so as to carry," and "to carry off." The translation "takes away" suggests cutting off, but in Greek literature, airo never means "cut off." "Lifts up" or "raises" is more correct in terms of vinedressing.

In his book, Secrets of the Vine, Dr. Bruce Wilkinson has a conversation with a vineyard owner from Northern California, who says, "New branches have a natural tendency to trail down and grow along the ground, but they don't bear fruit down there. When branches grow along the ground, the leaves get coated in dust. When it rains, they get muddy and mildewed. The branch becomes sick and useless."

Dr. Wilkinson, thinking about John 15:2, asks, "What do you do, cut it off and throw it away?"

"Oh, no," the vineyard owner replies, "the branch is much too valuable for that. We go through the vineyard with a bucket of water, looking for those branches. We lift them up and wash them off. Then we wrap them around the trellis or tie them up. Pretty soon, they're thriving."

Are we not more valuable to our Vinedresser than branches in a vineyard?"
excerpt from this source http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.CGGWeekly/ID/320/Vinedresser.htm

Plow in hope. Amen.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Abiding in Christ is remaining in Him. Christ is the true Vine. He longs for relationship with us and as we are united to Him,like a branch is part of a tree,we relate to God the Father through the Son of God by the power of the Holy Spirit. He is our Saviour and LORD and we love to obey Him and do His will. We believe in Him and love His people and all around us. He gives us nourishment and life while we are 'in Him'. Joy and love is ours,fellowship with Him and we grow in His attributes. We are blessed!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Abiding in Christ is remaining in Him. Christ is the true Vine. He longs for relationship with us and as we are united to Him,like a branch is part of a tree,we relate to God the Father through the Son of God by the power of the Holy Spirit. He is our Saviour and LORD and we love to obey Him and do His will. We believe in Him and love His people and all around us. He gives us nourishment and life while we are 'in Him'. Joy and love is ours,fellowship with Him and we grow in His attributes. We are blessed!

I am thinking that this world has many opinions, both political and philosophical, and I believe that perhaps abiding in Christ is to abide only in him. His words alone are truth and only they can shed light into the darkness. Perhaps he is called the Word for good reason. There is a word that engulfs this world and it is the word of contention, chaos, confusion and many other dark things. Christ's word is always there if we put it in our heart and mind. He is the voice that says to us "this is the way, walk in it".

Isaiah 30:21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.

22 You will also defile the covering of your images of silver,
And the ornament of your molded images of gold.
You will throw them away as an unclean thing;
You will say to them, “Get away!”

Psalm 119: How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.

10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.

12 Blessed are You, O Lord!
Teach me Your statutes.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

James 1:19 So then,[a] my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Doers—Not Hearers Only

21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

26 If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am thinking that this world has many opinions, both political and philosophical, and I believe that perhaps abiding in Christ is to abide only in him. His words alone are truth and only they can shed light into the darkness. Perhaps he is called the Word for good reason. There is a word that engulfs this world and it is the word of contention, chaos, confusion and many other dark things. Christ's word is always there if we put it in our heart and mind. He is the voice that says to us "this is the way, walk in it".

Isaiah 30:21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.

22 You will also defile the covering of your images of silver,
And the ornament of your molded images of gold.
You will throw them away as an unclean thing;
You will say to them, “Get away!”

Psalm 119: How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.

10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.

12 Blessed are You, O Lord!
Teach me Your statutes.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

James 1:19 So then,[a] my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Doers—Not Hearers Only

21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

26 If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Thank you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.