Preterist say I come quickly 70AD, Hmmmmmm!

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The women with the crown of 12 stars in Revelation 12 is Israel .

The 12 stars are the 12 tribes of Israel.

Israel is God's wife... past and future.

Israel gave birth to Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the God of Israel incarnate, Israel's Messiah.

Jesus said He was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel. Matthew 15:24

Israelites became Christian... just as Jesus said they would when He said
His sheep hear His voice and follow Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 12:1-2
And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

At the time John his prophesy the women in Rev 12 is said to:

1) clothed with the sun symbolising the everlasting gospel of the Son of righteousness
2) the moon under her feet symbolising the fulfilment of the mosaic law
3) crown of 12 stars on her head symbolising the twelve disciples
4) she being pregnant was ready to deliver the child symbolising the tribulation of the first century church who was burdened to spread the gospel under great persecution
5) pained to deliver the child symbolising the gospel because what happened next....

Revelation 12:4
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The dragon brought down a third of the stars who symbolised the disciples of Christ during the effort to deliver the gospel into the world, in the effort to stop the women symbolised by the first century church in delivering the gospel into the nations.

We have a symbol of the 1st century church who existed during John's time and was instrumental in delivering the gospel into the world. How say some that this women is first century Israel who was the persecuting power on the heels of the apostles from city to city and town to town. Ask Saul of tarsus why he was commissioned by the Jewish rabbinical authority to do, or maybe read the acts of the apostles to understand who the women is that was believed to God who clothed her with the Son of righteousness.

Malachi 4:2-3
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings;
and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
And ye shall tread down the wicked;
for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet
in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

Upvote 0

Berean777

Servant of Christ Jesus. Stellar Son.
Feb 12, 2014
✟22,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A third of the stars who were the apostles of Christ were killed by the dragon in the pursuit to deliver the gospel and John places this women in context to the obedience of the Son of righteousness because she is said to be clothed with the Son. Israel was not clothed with the Son, she was clothed with vengeance upon this little movement that stirred her up to the point where she would commission Saul to bring all her seed to the Sanhedrin for trial. That earthly Israel was clothed with the devil, the dragon.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"We have a symbol of the 1st century church"

You do .... but you and "we" are pathetically incorrect

In not one way can you use Revelation 12 to describe anything other than national Israel .... remember Joseph's dream

Not only that but Zechariah the prophet, for example, completely destroys your view

All one has to do is to take in a reading of [Zechariah 12; 14; Matthew 24:15-16]

Tell me this .... when are you going to Israel so that you can flee into the Jordanian wilderness as described?

And I don't want to hear that this particular fleeing took place in 70 AD ... it did not .... impossible for many reasons

Then I will ask you more questions about Zechariah's vision

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tell me this .... when are you going to Israel so that you can flee into the Jordanian wilderness as described?

Can't flee to the Holy Land now... God's People, Christian Israel [true genetic Israel, not replacements]
is now in Mystery Babylonian captivity... and the Holy Land is again under Edomite occupation.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The irony is... both of you are partly right and partly wrong.

The early church was made up of real Israelites.

The gentile wild olive branch were Israelites [who God divorced in the 8th century BC.]
The genetics is the same... both olive [a symbol for Israel.]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, the 1st beast Kingdom that arose from the sea can not have the 8th horn/king/antichrist ruling it, because the 1st beast only had the 6th king ruling it before it was given the mortal head wound.
Provide the verse that says the beast received a deadly head wound when the 6th king was ruling it. There's none. You are drawing unmerited conclusions that are not written. All scripture says is the beast received a deadly wound that was healed. How do you come up with it being during the 6th king, I don't know.

The saying goes that the beast that existed, now is not. The revived image of the 1st beast after the head wound is healed by the second Christ like beast is the time when he receives the 7th king/horn/antichrist, who is also the 8th. The 7th and 8th are the same king/horn/antihcrist.
Again, show me the verse that says the 2nd beast heals the 1st beast's wound. This is blasphemy.

No where does it mention in John's revelation that the 1st beast is a coalition of four beast who receive the (definite article) wound across several hundreds of years apart.
This is your quote from my post 114: "If we recall that John summarises Daniel's four beasts in Rev 13:2,".... How's that for chasing one's tail? And again, please provide a verse that says the beast received the deadly wound over several hundred yrs apart. Please!

There is only one wound being delivered when the 6th king/horn/antichrist rules from the head.
Verses please!

John does not mention the first beast having a coalition of ten horns, rather he highlights only two players; the 1st beast and false prophet who are directly related to Judaic Jerusalem of his time in focus.
What does Rev 13:1 say?
Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Seven hills are not literal hills rather they are symbolising a geopolitical religious power. Even if you were right and they did represent hills, according to John, this would point to Jerusalem who has seven hills and John's focus is to his imminent audience, that is, the seven churches located in the Middle East. Jerusalem herself is the harlot city who disposed of many of God's prophets and witnesses. She was charged with this by the prophets, Jesus and the disciples.
She is not the 4th beast. Rome is. And Rome is built on 7 of 10 hills. Isn't that a coincidence.

Read the four gospel accounts and the acts of the apostles and establish the persecuting religious power of their day.
What persecuting religious power of their day? It was a political persecution, the "great tribulation" by the Roman emperors, the 10 kings/horns burning Rome with fire.

John would advance this knowledge about the same harlot who rebelled against God and rejected his Son.
You are trying to conceal Rome's involvement in prophecy, but you can't. Rome is the 4th and final beast kingdom in Daniel, the two beasts in Revelation.

Again John's focus is not the Roman Empire or the city of Rome. John focuses on the religious power who uses the beast as an instrument to persecute the first century church. Please read the acts of the apostles.
The Roman empire is the two beast in Revelation and the focus is on the kings/horns' persecution of the Christians.

Where do you get five besst Kings as fallen angels, when John assays they are passes away, meaning died.
Dan 7:17 says the four beast are four kings; beast are fallen angels. The four beast in Dan 7 are four kings. Care to name these four kings, that rise out of the earth?

The harlot always represents an apostate religious institution. The harlot site in a place, meaning is located in where the craddle of civilisation is in the Middle East, called Babylon, where all the multitudes, and nations and tongues originated from.
Scripture specifically states the harlot is a city that sits on my waters and on 7 hill, not an apostate religious institution. You keep putting your spin on what scripture says, without a shred of evidence. The 7 hills are the 7 hills of the Roman city and the many waters are the nations and people she rules over, the Roman empire. Entailed is the city of Rome and her territory, her domain.

Rev 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Rev 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
++++++++++++++++++++
Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
++++++++++++++++++++
Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

- Now, that's plain English.

You said that the ten horns are ten provinces of Rome, so tell me how these ten provinces all at once rebelled against Rome and together in a unified effort attacked her, made hers desolate and naked and ate her flesh and burned her with fire. Did the ten provinces destroy Rome? Ha, anyone, please, Hmmmmmmmmm!
You can't even get the facts straight. I said what scripture specifically says the 10 horns are. Try reading it. They being the 1st ten Roman emperors persecute the city, the people, and the nation. I have countless times before explained to you how in Dan 7 their thrones were cast down after they received power one hour with the Beast when they attacked heaven. In fact, my question before to you was, "Do you know of any kingdom that 10 kings rule together for one hour?"

Either way of this was the case, where the ten provinces ganged up on Rome and the city and burned it to the ground and they continued whilst Rome was completely desolated. Is this how history tells he story of Rome and the city. Mmmmmmmmm, No!
You haven't a clue.

The 2nd beast in context to the city Jerusalem as far as the prophets, Jesus, the disciples and John is concerned is a religious enterprise who gives life to the image of the 1st beast that received the mortal wound.
Revelation specifically states they are kings in Rome, Daniel's 4th and 5th beast kingdom and kings, Rome.

This 2nd beast is a lamb/Christ like institution that erects the image, not a physical statue, but an established image in memory to the first beast.
How do you come up with these conclusions if there not written? It's as if you're blaspheming the scriptures. Scripture does not say the 2nd beast is a religious institution; in fact, it says all the "beasts" in scripture are kingdoms and kings. It also says the 2nd beast makes an image of the Beast and that he causes the image to speak and to kill. Yet, you say it's not a statue. How does an established image speak and become alive if it's not a physical object?

The second beast builds up the institution of the first beast as a copy of the first beast that died previously. This beast is a Kingdom, not a king, remembering that the 1st beast went down when the 6th king/horn/antihcrist was in power.
I don't know what book you're reading from, but it's not the scriptures. Are you now saying there are 3 beast kingdoms in Revelation!

The revived 1st beast is when he receives his 7th king who is also the 8th, meaning resurrected king/horn.
You are blaspheming the word. Scripture says he's "of" the 7, not the 7th, nor of the 7th, but of the 7- kings. It's called reading comprehension, maaan!

The papacy does not fit this picture, but rather a unified worldly religious institution who receives an earthly messiah in Jerusalem today is that persecuting religious power all over again.
Can't you see you're straying away from Daniel's context of the 4 beast kingdoms, from Rome being the last.

The 2nd beast is not a man/king/antichrist, the 2nd beast is a religious enterprise.
For the umpteenth time, religious enterprises do not go to the lake of fire, only living beings do.

No he is not the original false prophet who went down with the 1st beast, but is instrumental in reviving the image and establishment of the 1st beast who had been destroyed by fire.
The 2nd beast is the False Prophet:
Rev 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

- You definitely have a reading comprehension problem. It specifically says here the 2nd beast works "miracles" and does "great wonder," and he's not the False Prophet? not Dan 7's blaspheming 11th horn? Please!

Oh, my bad. It's Jerusalem, I guess.

This 2nd beast brings down fire upon those that oppose what? The question of worship to the image of the first beast. So what image did the first beast hold? You need to reference this beast to the time of John and the persecution of the apostles at the hands of the false prophet who was a religious system charged by the prophets, Jesus, apostles and John as having the blood of all the faithful on their hands from Abel down to them.
The scriptural 11th Roman emperor Nerva instituted the worship of the scriptural 8th Roman emperor who just happened to be historically documented as having messianic prophecies:

http://www.livius.org/men-mh/messiah/messianic_claimants13.html
http://carrington-arts.com/cliff/FlavSyn.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_cult_(ancient_Rome)

These marks are not physical marks, rather they are spiritual marks. The head requires a person to wilfully accept through faith, the hand is means of transaction where the worship and fellowship is directed towards, that is the 1st beast that was, is not and yet is again compliments to the Christ like institution who re-established his seat.
LOL!

Daniel's 4rth beast is Rome, that is BC. This is Satan's work in progress. Look at the bigger picture, God is planning to bring in Messiah when Jerusalem is being built up, whilst the devil is planning a not so welcome wagon by developing the original metal kingdoms into John's 1st beastly Kingdom that is comprised of not war as the four horses of the apocalypse but is now focussed on the religious enterprise of the day, that being the temple worship of the adherents to the Abrahamic religion. The beast had to have been developed to join with the Abrahamic religious institution in an effort to block God's effort to successfully deliver the messiah. Read the versus below and I will explain the trap that the devil laid to circumvent God's plan:
Rome is not BC and Christ and the NT aren't either.

The versus above tell the story of the first century women, the apostolic church who tried to deliver the child (gospel) into the world and the devil had other plans when he had already prepared through the geopolitical religious enterprise a trap, that is why the language "the Dragon stood in the way of the women as an obstacle" to devour/stop the child/gospel before it had the chance to be spread out into the word. The depiction of a heavenly war highlights God's plan and Satan's counter plan to sabotage God's efforts of successfully delivering the child/gospel.
I always interpreted that to be Israel and the Flood, Noah's flood.

Yet the struggle in context to the devil's masterpiece political/religious enterprise would favour God by the following statement:

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God,
It seems more like a masterpiece of your doing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"None of us are joking... I am definitely not joking."

I know you are not .... and that is the real and obvious depravity of your attempts to render the Lord's prophetic scripture .... a virtual basket of confusion

Better for you to start over from scratch .... no joke

Last edited:
Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 17:3
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but where does it say the False Prophet rode the beast?

The 7th king is also the 8th where the number eight symbolises resurrection. The 7th king can only come after the 1st beast mortal head wound is healed by the Christ like second beast who then establishes his seat, so that the 7th resurrected king can also rule from.
Please! You're doing more blasphemy than the False Prophet. He is of the 7, not the 7th, nor of the 7th, but of the 7 kings. Reading comprehension, friend.

This would point to a false messiah sitting in Jerusalem today.
Like I keep saying before, I don't know which book you're reading. But it's not the scriptures. There isn't a 2,000 yrs gap in scripture or prophecy. The world is a little over 6,000yrs old. It's ridiculous to think since Israel became a nation in the 2,690th yr (the Jordan crossing) of existance and existed for less than 1,500yrs until the temple destruction in 70ad, that God would leave a 2,000yr gap between rebuilding temples to continue Daniel's prophecy of beast and beast kingdoms. That's just plain crazy. The gap is longer than the time Israel existed as a nation.

The 7th king could not come until the 1st beast seat is re-established where John calls spiritual Sodom and Gomorrah, which is where Jesus was crucified, meaning old Jerusalem in the Middle East.
There isn't a 2.000 yrs gap between "kings" 6 and 7. You are reenacting 70ad, reinventing the wheel.

Why would John talk about a region in Europe that is not in context to the four gospels, acts of the apostles, the Abrahamic religion, the persecution of the prophets of the Old Testament from Babylon to Rome at the hands of the religious authority (the false prophet), a place not familiar to John and the apostles.
What region is that? Do you realize you have interpreted Revelation and Daniel without including Rome, the prime suspect, the key witness? LOL!

The angel anounces Babylon the great is fallen and then in all of chapter eight in revelation of John, it describes merchandise that shall no longer be sold in her anymore, nor wedding celebrations be held in her anymore. Does this sound like only a person is given to the flame of destruction? Hmmmmm......No
You lack understanding. The context is about Rome the city in the same way Daniel referred to the 4 kingdoms as kings and beast. The context tells of Rome the city tribulation as well spiritual Babylon's tribulation - the Beast. It tells of Rome being persecuted by her kings, the Roman civil war, etc. But it also is telling about Babylon the Beast who is thrown into the lake of fire, which is the Babylon that's fallen in Revelation, the Babylon in Rome. This is why I quoted Isa--h's prophesy against the King of Babylon earlier:
Isa 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
Isa 14:10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
Isa 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

- This is Revelation prophesied in the days of the Assyrian king Sennacherib, in the time he carried away the 10 tribes of Israel, but it is referring to when the king of Babylon is given to the flame and Satan is bound in the bottomless pit in Revelation. Notice you have the dead kings risen thru the power of the Beast and Satan, as prophesied in many OT prophesy.

Who is this Holy Angel who is standing in the Sun? Where is the sun come up from?

East
What does that have to do with the 2nd beast being not mentioned after the lake of fire? unless you're implying he's the 2nd beast? LOL1

you said: "your Achilles heel is the 2nd beast not existing past the lake of fire in Rev 19:20"

Why? The Angel standing in the Sun and coming from the East is the brightness of the Lord's coming, where the finale plays.

After the first battle of Armageddon in chapter 16:16, when the original 1st beast and false prophet were thrown into the lake of fire, John continues in regards to the details of the second battle of Gog and Magog in Rev 20:8. Jon is encapsulating and trying to tie up the two battles from the original battle of Armageddon to the final battle of Gog and Magog, which is the finale when the Lord comes from the East as a brilliant light of the Sun as indicated by the summary on Rev 19:20.

John has two battles to stitch up, the first has the false prophet and the original 1st century beast going down to the flames in 70AD and the future battle of Gog and Magog encompass the whole globe, that is symbolised by the compass bearings of North, East, South and West. The revived 1st beast and the Christ like 2nd beast go down in the lake of fire before the brilliant coming of Christ. Then John picks up in Rev 20 from the result of the first battle of Armageddon where Satan is bound resulting in the defeat of the originating 1st beast and false prophet and now goes into the details of the second battle of Gog and Magog. At this juncture the devil that deceived them was also cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the original beast and the false prophet were destroyed in 70AD.
Let go of your tail! You said the 2nd beast wasn't the False Prophet, but now you're admitting he is by saying in the highlighted text that he's thrown into the lake of fire with the Beast? The only two persons thrown into the lake of fire is the Beast and the False Prophet. So, now that you've admitted that. Maybe you can finally admit that Rev 19:20 is Dan 7:11, and that that proves the 2nd Beast is Dan 7's 4th beast's 11th horn, since it is he that's given to the flame in Dan 7:11, which is Rev 19:20.

The picture that John is building is that there is coming a time when the devil himself is going to take a human form, just like our Lord came in human form. This would enable the author to say that the devil himself is cast I to the lake of fire, because he is personally destroyed at Christ's coming as indicated in the summary of Rev 19:17.
Please! The "Devil" can come in human form but not Daniel's 4 beast kings, not the Beast and the 4 released fallen Euphrates angels.

Thank you kindly for all your responses. I believe you have many good points but your context and formulae is wrong. You are focusing on Daniel's BC kingdoms with little regard to the context of the New Testament writers whose attention was on their immediate threat in the delivery of the everlasting gospel. Rome didn't want anything to do with the Jewish religion, it just wanted law and order and when the false prophet complained many times that this little Christian group is a splinter group that is causing strife amongst the populus and is a threat to the Roman governance, then Rome acted against the threat as a result of the harlot's complaints, therefore the harlot rode the beast in order to persecute the 1st century church.
There are many false prophet in the world today and their main goal is to keep Rome out of prophecy. Don't be fooled. Rome is the 4th and final beast, Revelation's two beasts' kingdom, the kingdom that last until the end of time. Nice try, though. I hear you! :copyright:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums