Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,484,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's done more damage to the Kingdom of God than any of his former Predecessors with maybe the exception of Wilson.

No, you give him 'way too much power. He's done no damage whatsoever to the Kingdom of God. No president or king can do harm to the Kingdom of God.

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it
-- Matthew 16

If hell itself cannot prevail against the Church, Obama can certainly not do any damage to God's Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What "we" are you talking about? There are Christians on this forum from China, from Japan, from Africa. When the group is Christian, the "we" is not America.

Jesus is not about America. Jesus is about the Body of Christ.

Sorry, I think this is wrong. Paul wrote letters to the cities, he didn't write to the Christians in the city.

So the we I'm talking about, and I'm pretty sure I was talking about those in America, are those in America. Could care less where others are from, I'm talking about those in America. Honestly read the whole post, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Upvote 0

SayaOtonashi

May 19, 2012
USA
✟19,181.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Psalm 58:3:
"The wicked are estranged [out] from the womb;
These who speak lies go astray from birth [literally, from the womb (mibeten)]."

[FONT=Georgia,'Times New Roman',Times,serif]In the Jewish tradition, only a few texts relate to the fetus, and thus to abortion. The Talmud states that for the first forty days, the fetus should be considered mere fluid in the womb (Yevamot 69b). Elsewhere, the Talmud twice (Hullin 55a; Gittin 23b) describes the fetus as "part of the mother" (ubar yerekh imo; the Latin counterpart is pars viscerum matris), which indicates the dependence of the fetus on the mother and, like Exodus 21:22-23, implies that the fetus has no legal personality of its own. The debate in Archin 7a on whether a condemned women who is pregnant should be executed immediately or after she has given birth seems to confirm that the fetus is not an independent entity, since the commentators tend to recommend immediate execution. Further support is lent by the interpretation given in Sanhedrin 76b on Leviticus 24:17: "If one smite any human person, then one is culpable." The "any" is understood to include the day-old child but exclude the fetus, for the fetus in the womb is "not a person," until born. Commenting on this verse, Rashi states that only when the fetus "comes into the world" is it a "person."

for there who are wondering of the Talmund. Jewish understanding is we aren't people until birth. We aren't people until out from the womb
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,484,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I think this is wrong. Paul wrote letters to the cities, he didn't write to the Christians in the city. [/qjuote]

No, you're dead wrong about that. The leters were written specifically to the members of the congregations. Read the 5th chapter of 1 Corinthians, for instance--no way in the world is that written to the pagans of Corinth.

1 Peter is in no way written to the pagans in of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia. No, he specifically addressed his letter to the Christians in that congregation.

I don't know how any reading of those letters could result in an idea that they were written to pagans.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

How many of us here would be honest and say we are afraid of the man? There are so many in Churches and online (even here in wonderul CF world) who seem to have nothing better to do than throw him down and declare he is next to Satan because of something(s) he has done in the past.

Here's where I'm going with this, how many of us have ever sinned before? How many of us before we knew Christ were less than perfect or moral? How many of us now that we know Christ are still less than perfect or moral?

If Jesus can forgive and forget our past then why can't we who dare declare we are filled with the Holy Spirit do the same for another who we may never see or talk to ever in life? It is time we stop spreading negativeity about the man, whether true or not, and lift him up to the Lord for wisdom, guidance, courage, blessing, and repentance. As well as other world leaders who we may fall under.

... speaking as a nation.. we have sinned greatly and deserve punishment - the Lord uses gov't to chastise us... I pray for his mercy but we need to get turned around... the good times won't put this nation on its knees so maybe the Lord is using Obama to do it.... we did elect him so even if we didn't vote for him as a nation we deserve what we get from him
I do pray for him but I do not trust him or any other politician (best liar wins)
He has done more antichristian things then any before him - so what makes you defend him? God bless, andrea

Upvote 0

Yadid

Jul 25, 2013
Newark, DE.
✟15,153.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 58:3:
"The wicked are estranged [out] from the womb;
These who speak lies go astray from birth [literally, from the womb (mibeten)]."

[FONT=Georgia,'Times New Roman',Times,serif]In the Jewish tradition, only a few texts relate to the fetus, and thus to abortion. The Talmud states that for the first forty days, the fetus should be considered mere fluid in the womb (Yevamot 69b). Elsewhere, the Talmud twice (Hullin 55a; Gittin 23b) describes the fetus as "part of the mother" (ubar yerekh imo; the Latin counterpart is pars viscerum matris), which indicates the dependence of the fetus on the mother and, like Exodus 21:22-23, implies that the fetus has no legal personality of its own. The debate in Archin 7a on whether a condemned women who is pregnant should be executed immediately or after she has given birth seems to confirm that the fetus is not an independent entity, since the commentators tend to recommend immediate execution. Further support is lent by the interpretation given in Sanhedrin 76b on Leviticus 24:17: "If one smite any human person, then one is culpable." The "any" is understood to include the day-old child but exclude the fetus, for the fetus in the womb is "not a person," until born. Commenting on this verse, Rashi states that only when the fetus "comes into the world" is it a "person."

for there who are wondering of the Talmund. Jewish understanding is we aren't people until birth. We aren't people until out from the womb
[/FONT]

You're speaking of a mans interpretation of the Word and I believe your both wrong. Check your heart. It takes a special kind of pretzel logic to believe that an unborn infant isn't a person. For the issue to be in question at all means we should err on the side of life. The side that would allow a baby to live. What happens if you are wrong? Silence in the presence of evil is an evil act in and of itself. God, and only God creates life and that process begins at conception and with abortion, we are murdering and changing God's will.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Casting the first stone does not mean we should just stand by and watch as the corruption increases in our government. If we stand by and do nothing, we will deserve what we get. There is not much we can do, but we can keep it in the forefront so when the next election comes about the low information voters can at least look at what they have voted in and maybe do better in the next election. (if we have anything left for the next election)

Yadid - you are exactly right about a baby being a baby. If the heart beat stops the baby is dead, that means when the heart beat starts, the baby is alive. If a person does anything to stop that heartbeat - it is murder.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sorry, I think this is wrong. Paul wrote letters to the cities, he didn't write to the Christians in the city. [/qjuote]

No, you're dead wrong about that. The leters were written specifically to the members of the congregations. Read the 5th chapter of 1 Corinthians, for instance--no way in the world is that written to the pagans of Corinth.

1 Peter is in no way written to the pagans in of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia. No, he specifically addressed his letter to the Christians in that congregation.

I don't know how any reading of those letters could result in an idea that they were written to pagans.

Agree with you totally, it's my wording was unclear. They were written to specific groups of Christians in a city, identified by the city. The letters to the specific city are not to every Christian in the world, although we can learn from them. My point is when we become Christian, we don't lose out identity of being say, a Canadian, as Paul's letters weren't to all Christians, or individual Christians, they were to the church of the city.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
E

EireChris

From an International perspective here guys he is extremely well-liked & comes across as a very good person intent on putting the U.S back to the top of the well-liked countries on this globe.

When he came here a few years back he gave a rousing speech that truly touched the hearts of us all.

I'm not sure how he is doing in regards as keeping pre-vote promises to the citizens of the U.S but as I've already said.... Internationally he is a major hit.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,484,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point is when we become Christian, we don't lose out identity of being say, a Canadian, as Paul's letters weren't to all Christians, or individual Christians, they were to the church of the city.

Yes, you do lose your identity of being, say, a Canadian...and the fact that Christians don't get it is why there can be wars between "Christian nations."

It's why the Body of Christ is made impotent when "God’s elect, aliens scattered throughout the continents of America, Africa, Europe, Asia, and Pacifica, who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father" don't get the fact that they are "chosen nation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession." and that "once you were not a nation, but now you are the nation of God."

If you are a Christian, the chunk of dirt you were born in the flesh on is no longer your home. When you were born again, you were born into a new nation, the Kingdom of Heaven.

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.

And this is the important point: The interests of the US, or of Canada, or of China...are not the interests of the Kingdom of Heaven.

It's time for all of us citizens of Heaven to stop being traitors to our own homeland.

No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other.

We are not here to "live" like the natives in these countries.

Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ,

We are here as diplomats assigned to foreign lands. We are here to perform a mission of temporary duration, only for as long as the Lord will have us do it. Then we're going home.

If we can understand that we are all Christians first, and that every Christian is a dear fellow countryman, we would be able to support each other worldwide.

A pastor has said, "The Body of Christ has all the resources necessary to support the Body of Christ" and that is true. Christians in this world hold enough wealth to ensure that no Christian anywhere need go hungry, homeless, or naked.

But Satan has us duped into thinking that the places we're scattered are our homes, that we owe allegiance to flags rather than to Christ. And the Body of Christ is made impotent because of it.

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From an International perspective here guys he is extremely well-liked & comes across as a very good person intent on putting the U.S back to the top of the well-liked countries on this globe.

When he came here a few years back he gave a rousing speech that truly touched the hearts of us all.

I'm not sure how he is doing in regards as keeping pre-vote promises to the citizens of the U.S but as I've already said.... Internationally he is a major hit.

He may be a major hit internationally, but if the international community knew what was going on they would see the real side of Obama. He says one thing and does another. He implements dangerous laws for us and then comes out in public like he is against it and blames the Republicans. You can't tie any of the destruction to him and he looks like he is the savior for the middle class when he is destroying the middle class. He has been caught in so many lies and scandals that it has broken the records of all presidents. We have lost respect in the international community.

Upvote 0

missmarple

Mar 1, 2013
Canada
✟15,288.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I am not afraid of the man but he is clearly destroying america by PLAN. he is a marxist. and that seems to be okay with a lot of people. he is also either a muslim outright, or he is a strong supporter of muslims including Islamic brotherhood. and that also seems to be okay with a lot of people.
get ready everyone, because very severe persecution is coming and very soon. I am Canadian and I know suffering is coming for us very soon,but america will get the worst of it especially at the first.
Personally I dont spend one minute praying for the man since he is reprobate. I pray for the christians.

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not afraid of the man but he is clearly destroying america by PLAN. he is a marxist. and that seems to be okay with a lot of people. he is also either a muslim outright, or he is a strong supporter of muslims including Islamic brotherhood. and that also seems to be okay with a lot of people.
get ready everyone, because very severe persecution is coming and very soon. I am Canadian and I know suffering is coming for us very soon,but america will get the worst of it especially at the first.
Personally I dont spend one minute praying for the man since he is reprobate. I pray for the christians.

Interesting you say reprobate - that explains a lot - had not thought of it in those terms, but you are right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously, people give Obama way too much hype. All he wants is to be the first black President and be remembered as some champion of the liberal. I don't think he has any agenda beyond that, and his time left in office is limited.

In regards to that, should America financially survive him, and that's a big question at this point, I am greatly concerned when history shows him as the major failure he is, then it will reflect badly on other minorities (because thay've made race such a big issue) and we'd miss out on an actually qualified candidate.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟247,458.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
.... Internationally he is a major hit.

Internationally speaking........meaning the Middle East, Asia, South America and some European countries..................these are generally anti-American, anti-Israel anyway so Obama will be a major hit. Just like Neville Chamberlain was a bit hit in Berlin.

They like Obama because he's not an American.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"An American is a person who will cross the globe to fight for democracy, but won't cross the street to vote in a national election."

Which is because in the "National elections", there's really nobody to vote FOR, and no reason to bother.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, you do lose your identity of being, say, a Canadian...and the fact that Christians don't get it is why there can be wars between "Christian nations."

Don't have a passport do you? If so, which nationality did you chose, and was it a lie?

And the Bible is clear on why there are wars, being a citizen of a country is not not one of the reasons.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,484,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't have a passport do you? If so, which nationality did you chose, and was it a lie?

And the Bible is clear on why there are wars, being a citizen of a country is not not one of the reasons.

I've been around the world twice. I've spent 13 years away the chunk of dirt I was born the first time on.

Did you get a choice when you got your passport? Maybe the laws in your country differ--I did not get a "choice." The government where I was born the first time claimed me, and that can only be changed if I can get some other country to claim me.

But why would I need to? I'm a citizen of Heaven wherever I am.

But my point is that for a citizen of Heaven, Obama is basically satisfactory, because as 2 Timothy 2 states, all the Body of Christ needs--what we should be praying for-- is a government that will allow us to be Christians in quiet humility and Godliness.

Now, someone like Kim Jong Un would be a problem...but even Kim is now showing some signs of realizing that he can't stop God.

Upvote 0