South Carolina
✟15,051.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm taking Natur Made Multi Prenatal and Expecta brand DHA supplements. I usually cannot tolerate adult vitamins, but the Nature Made ones are "formulated for quick absorbtion," so they break down pretty fast. I haven't gotten sick from them at all. I do take them with food.

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
This is what I take...(here on number 8 I have it worked out to a near science-since pre-natals have always made me sick). After I eat my first breakfast...I take a Centrum chewable multi vitamin, two 400mcg folic acids, and two Naturol lemon flavored Omega 3-6-9s. After second lunch, I take a b-complex and two more Omega 3-6-9s. Before bed I take 1200mg of Calcium=d, and 500mg of magnesium. If you can't swallow the giant honkin' calcium--there are yummy flavored chewable calcium wafers--you have to take your calcum w/magnesium though. Calcium before bed helps you sleep more soundly, and magnesium makes the calcium better absorbed, and keeps you from getting constipated.

I also drink SPirutein most days...primarily because I can't get my 75-80gs of protein without it.

Upvote 0

Singin4Him

Here I am Lord, send me!
Jul 31, 2004
Texas
✟20,030.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did the flinstones vitamin thing too and it was great! My prenatals were making me feel icky so I asked my OB and she said that would be fine but she encouraged me to switch back to regular prenatals once I got past the first trimester. I've started on the regular ones and though they give me a little indegestion I'm doing ok with them so far as long as I eat something with them.

Upvote 0

Birbitt

Mar 10, 2008
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I liked and still do the One A Day prenatals..they are a bit pricey but so worth it...I take the regular vitamin in the am and the dha/ara supplement one at night. Both bottles come in one box...you could take them together but I found the Dha/ARa one made me sick in the beginning so I separated them and for some reason just kept it that way.

Upvote 0

LovesTruePassion

Formerly Known As LovesEnduringPromise
May 9, 2008
Visit site
✟15,908.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I take Baby and Me prenatals. natural-fertility-info.com sells them. they are kinda expensive though. They contain herbs and all vitamins are from whole fod sources. They are organic too.
Vitamins that are important:
folic acid
calcium
vitamin B
iron
zinc
vitamin D
All vitamins are important, but Im pretty sure those are most important

Upvote 0

HKAngel

Loving the Lord, my DD and my papi
Jul 5, 2009
South Bay, California
✟7,645.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I could not take prenatals, they made me gag and throw up in addition to my morning sickness. My doctor let me take 2 Flinstones Chewables, my daughter was born healthy. If the Lord blesses me with another pregnancy I will not be taking those horse pills.

Upvote 0

LouLouTyson

Aug 3, 2009
United States of America
✟15,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prenatals always made me sick too! I am currently in the 33rd week of my 4th pregnancy, and my OB's advice has always been to take the prenatals right before bed. It has helped me tremendously! Any naseau I have from them, I get over with while I'm sleeping :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums