• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Preferred dress code for church

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by ChicanaRose, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Looking my Sunday best

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Modest clothing or business casual

39 vote(s)
    68.4%
  3. Completely casual - shorts, flipflops, etc.

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,788
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    "One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."

I find no fault is picking days to dress up and serve the Lord....or serving the Lord everyday and dressing down.

If we gather together, we should respect the feelings of those around us and the owner of the building......and we should not feel closer to God or further away because of how we look on the outside on any given day.....For God looks at the Heart.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. RaymondG

+2,788
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, please do so.......But only if you desire for them to be healed. You can also save yourself a trip if you have faith that my word will travel to where they are.....

3. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+2,593
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    While we’re on the subject I would like to kindly ask the brothers & sisters to please dress conservatively. It really is quite troublesome when you stumble in church of all places because someone is wearing tight spandex or maybe showing too much cleavage. So please help eliminate temptation and everyone just wear moo moos instead. :oldthumbsup:

4. SPF

SPF Well-Known Member

+1,417
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Yes, because 100% of Christians that die from sickness as opposed to gracefully passing of old age died because of lack of faith.

5. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,611
    Korea, Republic Of
    Baptist
    Private
    Not heels, but a nice pair of pants, shirt and formal shoes. I don't think that's too much, personally. If anything it's really comfortable too!

6. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,890
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    following

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+4,029
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Mercy, we’re policing each other’s attire! I don’t know about you. But when I enter a place of worship my mind is on God. Not how the people around me are dressed, whose single or attractive, or what’s happening on my phone. I came to hear from Him.

8. RaymondG

+2,788
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My words are not concerning religion or church memberships or affiliation. Im speaking truth only. I dont require that you be Christian to offer healing. And if you would believe, there is a way to bypass death as well.: "And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

9. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,077
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Which by definition means set apart... different than other times. So the question for each to answer is... should "I" make it as special as it can be, or act like it's just another day?

10. joymercy

joymercy Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,268
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    God told us to keep holy the sabbath. Keeping it a holy day is setting it apart from the other days of the week.

That said, I feel that whenever I see someone in tiny shorts and flip flops with messed up hair like they just rolled out of bed, I pray for them because I need to be glad that they brought themselves to mass, and to take Eucharist is to feed their soul. And to have mercy and empathy as I never know how hard it was for them to get there that day. Also, that the others who show honor to God on this holy day, are a witness to them.

Always pray or them, and say prayers for the congregation too!

ps-Also, why not say hello and introduce yourself and bring hospitality too. Sometimes, people need love and mentoring along the way.

God bless you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    We should treat the rest of the world with the same respect and care with which we treat God's people.

12. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    But for those of us who are in God's presence daily it is just another day. All days should be holy'

13. SPF

SPF Well-Known Member

+1,417
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    So out of curiosity, do you think you're going to bypass death? And do you really think the quote you just provided was speaking of physical death?

14. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    In terms of dress as in anything else, older men and women should be setting an example to the younger less mature Christians not just binding their freedom of choice with a dress code. But I suspect in most places where dress codes are enforced it is the older people who consider certain styles unacceptable and set the rules.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. RaymondG

+2,788
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, and you can too, if you desire it......it is a gift, free to all.
    Yes. Whatever you think death is, that is what it is talking about.
    But let us forget any spiritual meanings for now.... When you read this verse, doesnt it seem that the "Liveth" relates direct to the "die"?

Now when it says "He that liveth and believe.....What do you believe it means to live in this verse? Is it physically living....or something else?

16. SPF

SPF Well-Known Member

+1,417
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Please do everyone a favor and keep that belief to yourself. We have enough cults already.

17. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,673
    Anabaptist
    "For LACK OF KNOWLEDGE" Yahuweh says "My people perish".
    and "The curse without cause does not come".
    So no, it is not lack of faith, but lack of knowledge, as written.
    For example, those who know what to do, don't get the flu.
    If someone gets the flu, and find out what to do, it goes away.

18. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,673
    Anabaptist
    'Speak of the devil', the forums welcome cults. The cults outnumber by 1000 to 1 easily.
    So instead of asking someone who believes Scripture to "keep that belief to yourself", which would help no one,
    ask more people to discover and to post the truth about and from Scripture and from Yahuweh Daily.

19. RaymondG

+2,788
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I agree, the truth is not popular......in fact, some have been crucified for speaking it.
    But I speak not to form groups or followers.....for the Father Loves you as well and will give you what you desire if you ask of Him. So you dont need me for anything.

If one hear the truth and is set free.....our conversation will not have been in vain......for this way is for the few...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. SPF

SPF Well-Known Member

+1,417
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    So you honestly and truly believe that you'll be the first person since Enoch and Elijah to not physically die?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.