✟12,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Iollain said:
Yes, my Mother is the mother of me,and my Father is the father of me, but not the giver of my soul and spirit, and Who was that that knits us together in our earthly mother's womb? Your giving too much credit to Mary where it is not deserved, she was the earthly mother of Jesus, not His Creator.

Jesus was not created (He's not a creature, but God) :) be careful with the words you choose.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
geocajun said:
Is your mother the mother of you, or mearly the mother of your flesh? She is the mother of you, the person of course, and so is Mary, the mother of Jesus, the second person in the Most Holy Trinity. He was not two persons, but one, with 2 natures.
She is the Mother of God.
God did not come from a woman. The person of Christ came from God, and is part of the Trinity. Do you believe Mary is the Mother of The Trinity? You can't separate The Trinity.

Mary is the mothe of Jesus in regards that she gave birth and raised him as a child, she is not the mother in regards to his origen or personhood because Jesus Christ is God. Christ existed before Mary, before the creation of the world. Thefore, Mary can not be the mother of God. To suggest that God came from a woman is blasphemy IMHO.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oblio said:
Consider the source and it's bias.

Was the Lord that St. Elizabeth speaks of God or not ?
How many times have I said, Jesus Christ is God"? Did God come from a human? No. Did Christ come from a human? No. Christ came from God alone and is God, alone.

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To suggest that God came from a woman is blasphemy IMHO.

No one is suggesting that He came (or was created by) from a woman. We are stating plainly that Mary the Theotokos bore God in her womb, and gave physical birth to Him who is God. She fed Him by her breasts, changed his diapers (nappies), dried His tears when he fell down when He learned to walk. She is the mother of our God.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oblio said:
No one is suggesting that He came (or was created by) from a woman. We are stating plainly that Mary the Theotokos bore God in her womb, and gave physical birth to Him who is God. She fed Him by her breasts, changed his diapers (nappies), dried His tears when he fell down when He learned to walk. She is the mother of our God.
Then he mothered Christ in his humanity. However, God is eternal, and Christ is too (Micah 5.2), and He is immutable (Hebrews 13.8).

Reactions: Iollain
Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oblio said:
Yes or No

Was the Lord that St. Elizabeth speaks of God or not ?
Again, the premise that Jesus Christ is God is not in contention, it is the conclusion you make based on that premise which is erronous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
theseed said:
"Queen of Heaven" the echo of an Assyrian Goddess.

queen of heaven

(Jer. 7:18; 44:17, 25), the moon, worshipped by the Assyrians as the receptive
power in nature.

Source: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

This is a strawman, and red herring.
Mary is not the moon for any Christian responding here.
She is not a mythic creature.
She is not Assyrian, and she is not a goddess.
She was a young girl, a humble virgin. As the veritable mother of Jesus, she becomes queen Of Heaven due to that relationship alone.
If Jesus is sitting on the throne in Heaven, then Mary must be the queen, according to the Hebrew traditions which they both belonged to, and that Christians were adopted into.

Your strawman echoes Mohammed's strawman in the Koran. At least for him, though, there were actual pseudo-Christian heretics that existed at that time that did make Mary into some sort of goddess.
They all are Moslems now, or course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Iollain said:
We i think it matters because i do not believe God wants us to try and contact those passed on:

Lev 19:31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I [am] the LORD your God.

Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

I believe that if one tries to contact the passed on they may just get an answer, however i believe that those contacted could be fallen angels, which could pose as certain biblical people (or even family), leading one down the wrong path.

I believe this is wrong also because noone in the bible tried to contact those passed on, if they did try to contact those passed on, (or angels) it lead to no good.

Iollain, that would only be true if I expected my mother to communicate with me, or get a day pass to visit me, or something. I'm not speaking of holding a seance here.
As much as I miss her, I don't want that, even if it were possible. She's in Heaven, and I want her there.

I also see it as replacing the Holy Spirit with humans, and our Mediator with humans.

If so, don't we do that every time we ask an earthly friend for prayer?

I also believe that it is tempting God to do so.

I must be dim, but what does that mean? I have never understood that expression. :help:

Two lumps please:)

Cream? :)

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oblio said:
To state that she was only the mother of His humanity is heresy (Nestorianism).
It can't be heresy, to say that Mary is the mother of God is blasphemy, because God is eternal, and God is Spirit.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
clskinner said:
Jesus' humanity can be separated from his divinity?
Yes, Christ humanity is a product of creation by the Holy Spirit. Christ divinity is the Spirit of God.

When Christ was in the grave, he descended into hell? Pray-tell, how did you he that without a body? He went as a Spirit.

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
theseed said:
It can't be heresy, to say that Mary is the mother of God is blasphemy, because God is eternal, and God is Spirit.

But, Seed, the scriptures say that Jesus was God made flesh to dwell among us.

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Christ humanity is a product of creation by the Holy Spirit. Christ divinity is the Spirit of God.

:confused:

Christ's nature is what is termed homousios. His two natures are inseperable. Without this, we would not be saved.

When Christ was in the grave, he descended into hell? Pray-tell, how did you he that without a body? He went as a Spirit.

He was fully human when He descended into hades, again, without this fact, we are not saved. The teaching that His two natures were ever separated after His Incarnation is heretical.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.