✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Family,

Do you feel it is wise for a couple to pray that they wont become pregnant unless the baby will one day accept Jesus. This is under the idea of using proper protection until a couple chooses to become pregnant.

~Natsumi Lam~

Reactions: PloverWing

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello, I am not saying it is a bad or good idea, but as each person is born with freewill it is ultimately up to the individual to accept or deny Christ, I will say that prayer for individuals does work and I have seen people turn around their lives because one or more persons displayed the awesome power of prayer over them :] Bless you

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Family,

Do you feel it is wise for a couple to pray that they wont become pregnant unless the baby will one day accept Jesus. This is under the idea of using proper protection until a couple chooses to become pregnant.

~Natsumi Lam~

Psalm 127

3 Children are indeed a heritage from the LORD, and the fruit of the womb is His reward.

Proverbs 22:6

6 Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

If the two of you want children, have them.

God Bless.

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Family,

~Natsumi Lam~

Seems best to just pray that the little ones we know will be called and born again someday.

M-Bob

• Agree
Upvote 0

Thee Librarian

Jan 25, 2018
Chicago
✟16,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi Family,

~Natsumi Lam~

Prayer changes you into a person who can see God's
will in what He provides. It hands over no power to the people.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Prayer changes you into a person who can see God's
will in what He provides. It hands over no power to the people.

Im not sure what you nean it hands over no power to the people....we have the authority to trad on serpents, heal and cast out demons the Christ Jesus. We are just the tool for the delivery.

Upvote 0

Thee Librarian

Jan 25, 2018
Chicago
✟16,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not sure what you mean it hands over no power to the people....we have the authority to trad on serpents, heal and cast out demons the Christ Jesus. We are just the tool for the delivery.

Can you document that we are tools?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would flip it a bit. That if you become pregnant, the child will receive Christ, and that God will raise you up to be good examples, continuing to grow to be Christlike every day. The concept of praying not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are two prayers in Ephesians that come to mind for your situation.
Ephesians 1:17-19 (KJV)
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Ephesians 3:14-21 (KJV)
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Your apprehension is understandable, but you need to see God as more loving, one giving good gifts to his children. Thus as you dedicate your lives to Christ, your children too will learn to be disciples from your example and training. Don't let the devil put you in fear, children are a blessing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Family,

~Natsumi Lam~

No it is not wise to pray that. It has asuperfical spirituality that appeals to the imature.

urn it arround. How would that person respond 16 years later when they discover their darling has not become a Christian?
Do they reject Christianity or conclude they were foolish to pray such a prayer.

As has been already said, children are a gift from God, so who are we to put conditions on Gods good gifts.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When God created His angels and Adam and Eve He knew rejection was possible---He made them anyway. Who are you to ask for more than God Himself had? We all have the power of choice--free will. So will any of your children. They can reject not only God--but both of you as well. That is a chance every parent takes. There are no guarantees about anything--except death and taxes--and that if you wait long enough, Trump will do or say something stupid---you will just have to keep praying for your children---and Trump.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No it is not wise to pray that. It has asuperfical spirituality that appeals to the imature.

urn it arround. How would that person respond 16 years later when they discover their darling has not become a Christian?
Do they reject Christianity or conclude they were foolish to pray such a prayer.

As has been already said, children are a gift from God, so who are we to put conditions on Gods good gifts.

I am sure most people pray that their child does not have down syndrome. Arent they a gift from God too?

I prayed that I would not get prego if a baby would not be saved. Isnt it more loving to sacrifice being prego than to have you baby go to damnation on day?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sure most people pray that their child does not have down syndrome. Arent they a gift from God too?

I prayed that I would not get prego if a baby would not be saved. Isnt it more loving to sacrifice being prego than to have you baby go to damnation on day?

You don't seem to understand what a 'gift' is.

A gift is something that is given to one that is undeserved and unearned.

To set conditions to any gift given to one is to reject the intention of the giver.

A handicapped child is not a tragedy and a child who is not a Christian, while that is sad, we don't know whether they will be saved later in life.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Thee Librarian

Jan 25, 2018
Chicago
✟16,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi Family,Do you feel it is wise for a couple to pray that they wont become pregnant unless the baby will one day accept Jesus. This is under the idea of using proper protection until a couple chooses to become pregnant.~Natsumi Lam~
You don't seem to understand what a 'gift' is.A gift is something that is given to one that is undeserved and unearned. To set conditions to any gift given to one is to reject the intention of the giver.A handicapped child is not a tragedy and a child who is not a Christian, while that is sad, we don't know whether they will be saved later in life.

God is Love. And for that reason Jesus proclaimed that children will come to him and that adults were holding them back with their influence. So never be alarmed that children or the handicapped are not baptized as infants or attending your choice of church. God will make himself available to all children and they will recognize true love even if adults reject Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Family,

~Natsumi Lam~

I think its more silly logic than anything morally wrong, per se.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Why silly logic if God honored it?

Even parents who have prayed for their child to be without down syndrome, or with every body part in tact have had children with no arms, no legs, 2 heads, down syndrome, no brain at all, heart defects and all sorts of birth defects and even born dead or miscarried---God will save everyone that asks. If God was willing to be rejected by Lucifer, Adam nd Eve, why do you need to have a guarantee? And if you pray that prayer---what do you think God is going to do to that child---force Him to accept Him? God does not make robots. Everyone is given the right to choose. He doesn't make anyone accept him. You are given the privilege of having a child that you can raise to love the Lord---you are not given a wind up toy--that will be an individual with their own mind and wishes and they will do what they want. You job is to offer them the knowledge of the love of God and to grow up to be independent and get out on their own.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Even parents who have prayed for their child to be without down syndrome, or with every body part in tact have had children with no arms, no legs, 2 heads, down syndrome, no brain at all, heart defects and all sorts of birth defects and even born dead or miscarried---God will save everyone that asks. If God was willing to be rejected by Lucifer, Adam nd Eve, why do you need to have a guarantee? And if you pray that prayer---what do you think God is going to do to that child---force Him to accept Him? God does not make robots. Everyone is given the right to choose. He doesn't make anyone accept him. You are given the privilege of having a child that you can raise to love the Lord---you are not given a wind up toy--that will be an individual with their own mind and wishes and they will do what they want. You job is to offer them the knowledge of the love of God and to grow up to be independent and get out on their own.

Why would God need to force anyone? If i prayed the prayer and God honored it with a baby He knew would be saved before it was born, why would I have to worry about the baby's eternity if God allowed me to become prego with that specific sperm and egg? I naturally would be concerned about the when and their relationship and intimacy with God but not their salvation.

For example God chose who Jesus would be born by. God chose John the baptist for Jesus's time and filled him with the Holy Spirit in the womb. It is not by happenstance. Not every person is called to greatness.

In the end it doesnt hurt but only helps that i pray it...unless i care about fertility more than my baby's salvation and take the risk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is Love. And for that reason Jesus proclaimed that children will come to him and that adults were holding them back with their influence. So never be alarmed that children or the handicapped are not baptized as infants or attending your choice of church. God will make himself available to all children and they will recognize true love even if adults reject Him.

How does this relate to understanding what a gift is?

Also have you seen the fallacy in your argument?

You claim that children will naturaly be attracted to Jesus. That I agree with.
Butyou also say that adults lead them astray.
Well children grow up into adults, if children are attracted to Jesus how is it possible for there to be adults who lead children astay.

What you not recognised is that children have to respond to Jesus, being attracted to him is not enough.

• Agree
Upvote 0