Praying by writing notes on paper?

WeakButHopeful

Oct 25, 2003
East Coast of USA
Visit site
✟8,470.00
Faith
Catholic
Yes, a prayer journal is a wonderful exercise for focusing your heart and mind on God's plan and for sharing with Him your hopes, worries and gratitude. You would do the same with a good friend, and in addition to being our Lord and Savior Jesus is also the best friend we will ever have.

In my personal walk I found that I needed to keep a separate note listing important insights, promises made or advice on how to overcome persistent weaknesses. Although these often were originally written in my journal, keeping a separate note helped me focus on those important ideas on a daily basis.

May God bless you, calmius.

Upvote 0

PollyAnna

Saved By Grace
Dec 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟15,385.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do this too. :) And I often go back and re-read them and make notes in the margin about how God answered that prayer, and sometimes the new insight as to why he didn't answer it with a yes. So many times, people think God doesn't answer their prayers but he really does, it's just difficult sometimes to reflect on how he answered it because the mind often forgets how you prayed.

Upvote 0

Montsecuellar90

Dec 22, 2003
Arizona
✟23,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sometimes I write down my prayers but at others I dont because some things that I pray for are a bit personal and I wouldn't want everyone looking at them. But when I do, I pour out my soul onto those letters. It just depends on how into it you get.
God Bless,
Montserrat :angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums