United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
th(10).jpg
Greetings, all! I try to be informed in politics, partly because I find it all so fascinating, and also because I am old enough to vote & take that responsibility seriously. That being said, I have a wide variety of interests, making it hard to really invest in one topic. Lately, the topics I've really invested in are music & my faith. Both of which are very good, of course, but as I keep getting into my faith, I see a God who is very involved in the workings of this world. To imitate Him, I should do the same, no?

In a group chat with a couple friends, their appreciation for President Biden got brought up. I have an unfavorable view on him, but to discuss these things intelligently, I know I need more research, and more links to share. As much as I appreciate getting news from the newspaper & information from books, that's a lot harder to share online, which hampers efforts to share the information quickly.

Here comes the prayer request:

Today I did not do my research on Biden, as I take Sundays off from a lot of things, politics included. This is another instance where I'm very glad to have this habit, because it gives me a chance to do a good amount of prayer before delving into the messy world of politics. Tomorrow, I intend to look up a lot about Biden. Whatever my opinion may be, I wanted to be an intelligent one, an opinion that others can respect, even while disagreeing. And I pray to maintain respect for authorities (the Bible has a lot to say about respecting anyone in a position of power, even while disagreeing with them--look it up!).

In short, I want to bring respect, intelligence, and Godliness into the American political sphere, an arena which is lacking in all three. I really do enjoy bringing order out of chaos, finding commonality in polarization, and taking a moment to admire the sheer variety of thought that God built into humanity. And I really don't expect to leave this world with politics being a shiny clean environment for my being here. But if I can get it one step closer... that'll give God something to smile about.

Pray for me, would you? And for Biden. We both need it:)

I dedicate this prayer request specially to the Resurrection; may all of us, all our societies & governments & voting populaces, be brought into greater awareness that something greater can always come out of confusion & pain. May we be involved on Earth & hopeful in what comes next, letting this hope, faith, and love guide our lives.
th

Last edited:

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 307912 Greetings, all! I try to be informed in politics, partly because I find it all so fascinating, and also because I am old enough to vote & take that responsibility seriously. That being said, I have a wide variety of interests, making it hard to really invest in one topic. Lately, the topics I've really invested in are music & my faith. Both of which are very good, of course, but as I keep getting into my faith, I see a God who is very involved in the workings of this world. To imitate Him, I should do the same, no?

In a group chat with a couple friends, their appreciation for President Biden got brought up. I have an unfavorable view on him, but to discuss these things intelligently, I know I need more research, and more links to share. As much as I appreciate getting news from the newspaper & information from books, that's a lot harder to share online, which hampers efforts to share the information quickly.

Here comes the prayer request:

Today I did not do my research on Biden, as I take Sundays off from a lot of things, politics included. This is another instance where I'm very glad to have this habit, because it gives me a chance to do a good amount of prayer before delving into the messy world of politics. Tomorrow, I intend to look up a lot about Biden. Whatever my opinion may be, I wanted to be an intelligent one, an opinion that others can respect, even while disagreeing. And I pray to maintain respect for authorities (the Bible has a lot to say about respecting anyone in a position of power, even while disagreeing with them--look it up!).

In short, I want to bring respect, intelligence, and Godliness into the American political sphere, an arena which is lacking in all three. I really do enjoy bringing order out of chaos, finding commonality in polarization, and taking a moment to admire the sheer variety of thought that God built into humanity. And I really don't expect to leave this world with politics being a shiny clean environment for my being here. But if I can get it one step closer... that'll give God something to smile about.

Pray for me, would you? And for Biden. We both need it:)

I dedicate this prayer request specially to the Resurrection; may all of us, all our societies & governments & voting populaces, be brought into greater awareness that something greater can always come out of confusion & pain. May we be involved on Earth & hopeful in what comes next, letting this hope, faith, and love guide our lives.
th

I struggle with it. It makes my heart sad. I've lost friends and hate how politics divide, because it is void of God. The subjects involved are not and should be stood on, but people are mad at each other for a shot, or a sickness, or a president. People forget to pray for each other and love each other. It makes my heart hurt.

It is my sincere prayer that when there is political discussion, God will shine through it. Even if there are flipping tables, I pray that people remember to love and be kind to one another and see each other as God sees them. Jesus or politics. What is first.

So yes. I'll pray that you can bring some light, because I get Truth is important. But I pray that if there is division on a matter it will be over the Gospel and important issues instead of the hate for a man or pointing fingers. I pray people will not run from God because of peoples' unkind words.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Is there a particular area of Biden's presidency or policies you need assistance with?
Well, all of us in the group chat are pretty devout Catholics, so seeing how his actions align with Catholic social teaching would be a big part of it. I planned to start general, just seeing what his ideal America looks like, and some of the things he's put the most emphasis on.

In any case, this is a prayer request forum, rather than a political forum. If you have a thread to invite me on to you, or even a private discussion, I'm open to either one. This thread just isn't the right place for anything besides prayer, per the site rules

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Take it or leave it...
Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Upvote 0

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟268,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
I pray that God would help all of us to love people who have different political views than us. I pray that we would want the best for political leaders, even if they are part of a different political party or ideology.

Upvote 0