✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is a prayer I learned once.
Loving God, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. ... Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you've laid out for me. I trust your Love God, and know that you will heal this stress. Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of night.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We pray for peace and patience for Duke of Stratford. Help her to find ways to meditate on your Word and on you through all the ups and downs of life.. In Jesus name, Amen.

Hebrews 12:2
looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Just know in your heart that it is God who answers your faith, and it up to you to beiieve that He can do it. God bless you and help you to be believe in Him and be patient with His answer.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

MomofaDozen

Jul 1, 2018
western North Carolina
✟22,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I keep getting anxious about faith. Please pray that God will grant me peace and patience.

What is it that is making you anxious about your faith? What is it that you are afraid of?
God doesn't withhold His peace from you. It is available to you right here and now. Do you know what it means to be encouraged? It means that one is filled with courage. Many times, the Bible says, "Take courage". The literal meaning of that is that courage is at the end of your finger tips being offered to you by God and all you have to do it take it. Do you think you can do that? Can you trust God to meet ALL of your needs at all times?
It helps me, when I am feeling anxious, to lay my worries and cares at the feet of Jesus. I will envision myself at His feet and I put everything that worries me right there. I tell Him that I am giving them to Him for HIM to carry, that I will walk away and not pick them up again. They are HIS to take care of and I will trust Him to do it. Can you do that?
I am praying for you, dear one.

Upvote 0

Duke of Stratford

One day at a time.
Jun 2, 2019
America
✟33,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is it that is making you anxious about your faith? What is it that you are afraid of?
God doesn't withhold His peace from you. It is available to you right here and now. Do you know what it means to be encouraged? It means that one is filled with courage. Many times, the Bible says, "Take courage". The literal meaning of that is that courage is at the end of your finger tips being offered to you by God and all you have to do it take it. Do you think you can do that? Can you trust God to meet ALL of your needs at all times?
It helps me, when I am feeling anxious, to lay my worries and cares at the feet of Jesus. I will envision myself at His feet and I put everything that worries me right there. I tell Him that I am giving them to Him for HIM to carry, that I will walk away and not pick them up again. They are HIS to take care of and I will trust Him to do it. Can you do that?
I am praying for you, dear one.
I think I have a distorted view of God, honestly. I just see all the ways I don’t behave or don’t think or don’t feel like a Christian should, and it’s hard to believe that He cares for me and accepts me. I get scared I don’t really belong to Him because I’ve lost sight of the truth. Or that I don’t really care enough. It could just be my anxiety disorder. But I’m scared that it isn’t.

Upvote 0

MomofaDozen

Jul 1, 2018
western North Carolina
✟22,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think I have a distorted view of God, honestly. I just see all the ways I don’t behave or don’t think or don’t feel like a Christian should, and it’s hard to believe that He cares for me and accepts me. I get scared I don’t really belong to Him because I’ve lost sight of the truth. Or that I don’t really care enough. It could just be my anxiety disorder. But I’m scared that it isn’t.
We all feel that way many times. It's how sinful people feel around a holy God. The beauty of it is that God knows how weak we are even when we want so badly to do everything right, and He loves us intensely anyway. He isn't surprised by our failures.
God is offended by arrogance, by at attitude that says "I can do whatever I want to do and God just has to forgive me", but God is DRAWN to, attracted to a humble spirit, a broken spirit that says "I want to know You in every way, God."
When you know there is sin that you need to repent of, do it. Repent. Ask God's forgiveness and ask for the power to overcome the sin But when you just don't feel good enough, tell God how you feel.
Satan is very clever. Not only does he tempt you to sin, he gets you to obsess over your failures and keep your focus there instead of on the One who loves you and saves you from it.
Take your focus off your problems, off your worries, off your failures, off your insecurities, off yourself. Instead, talk to Jesus and bring Him your EVERYTHING---good and bad. He wants it all.
He wants your talents (which He made to glorify Him) and He wants your failures (which He can turn into victory) and He wants the things that weigh you down (because they are bigger than you are---you can't carry them---but He is bigger than ALL of it and can carry your burdens and your wounds).
Whenever you feel like you don't really belong to God, tell Him how you feel. And read the Bible regularly so you are armed with all of the promises God has made to you. Walk in victory because you have Jesus on your side. He is FOR you, ALWAYS!! He's cheering you on like a proud Papa!

• Winner
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums